Outdoors
Sponsored by

Things that make you irrationally mad

60,977 Views | 664 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by cena05
HtownAg92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
arrow said:

Most has been covered.

Electricians that install smoke detectors in unreachable places.
Modern gas cans that require aftermarket modifications to actually pour gas.
A few houses ago we had a smoke detector above the landing at the top of the stairs, which overlooked the open space below all the way to the ground. With extra tall levels and 9 foot ceilings that was quite the pucker getting up on a high step on the ladder to fix that crap. Long way looking down.
Cromagnum
AG
ought1ag said:

- Park vehicle in BFE at the back of a relatively empty lot, only to have someone park right beside you anyways.

sounds like they were trying to kidnap you

LOL. More power to them to try and snatch me up.
Cromagnum
AG
More.

-Builders that install cabinetry in laundry rooms so that you are forced to buy front loaders because there is not enough vertical room for the lid to open on a top loader.

- Builders that leave so little room for appliances like fridges that you have to be overly selective with what could potentially fit.

- Water heaters in attics...

- Installation of a jazucci tub in general, but even worse by having no access panel, so you have to break tile if you ever need to service it.

- Bare minimum spent on house breaker box so that you have no spare breakers available.
schmellba99
AG
This probably isn't really irrational, but hey - we've gone off the rails on this thread already:

Zipper method of merging. Learn it. Live it. Use it. Don't be the d-bag that just has to f up the rotation and not let the zipper merge work properly.
Towns03
AG
- Any time a business tells me to download the ap if I want that service. Especially ticket sales!
Did you know if you can't just buy an Astros ticket at a ticket office anymore? or at high school games? Sometimes there's someone in the ticket booth ONLY to tell you to go to the ap.

- when I try to log in to something and it says either I already have a username (and I don't know what it is) or that my password is wrong
Sooper Jeenyus
AG
Builders who use non-standard door sizes
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Cromagnum said:

- In right lane, and use turn signal to indicate pass, but turns into signal for line of cars in left to accelerate to block me.

- Park vehicle in BFE at the back of a relatively empty lot, only to have someone park right beside you anyways.

Tell me you live in Houston, without...

Turn signals are a sign of weakness here, the only way they are effective is to get the jerkoff in the next lane to aggressively close the gap in front of him, so you can slip in behind
cavscout96
AG
schmellba99 said:

cavscout96 said:

Volkswagen's insane choice of fasteners that no normal person has the the socket, wrench, etc size in there tool box.
This brought up another one that I can't believe I didn't think of yesterday:

Why do auto manufacturers (mostly domestic, but some foreign) insist on having standard and metric sized bolts and nuts? FUGGIN WHY???? Pick one - IDGAS - but pick ONE and go with it. Metric? Fine. Standard? Fine. But using both is enough to make me want to club baby seals in front of a room full of cancer children at St. Jude's.

cr0wbar
AG
agsalaska said:

I would die in prison if allowed to do to him what I want to do to do to him.
TRIDENT
AG
Teenager son leaving my tools out in the rain.
Texker
AG
  • I have little patience with anything tangled or stuck
  • Any unnecessary repetitive noises like stuff rattling in a bag in a car
  • Crappy shopping carts, so....all of them
  • Chewing. I don't want to hear you chew. STFU.
  • People who lack awareness of their surroundings...pay attention people!
Howdy Dammit
AG
Furlock Bones said:

1431 between Lago Vista and Marble Falls. 2 lane winding road especially near Lago Vista. Several pull outs for slower drivers to pull over and let people pass. Multiple signs leading up to and at the pull outs that say "slow drivers pull over".

jagoffs continue to drive right passed them.

I can't stand that stretch of road.
jejdag
When pouring out cubes for my cows, how every damn one of them will walk all over them to get to the last one poured.

People littering and it ends up in my pasture.

Trying to back a trailer when the sun is low enough to be right in my mirrors
TheVarian
AG
People who don't put their grocery carts away and leave them in parking spots
schmellba99
AG
TRIDENT said:

Teenager son leaving my tools out in the rain.
Nothing irrational about that man. That's deserving of digging post holes with a teaspoon for punishment.
SteveBott
AG
TheVarian said:

This. Pisses me off to no end
TarponChaser
TheVarian said:

People at the grocery store where we have 1-way lanes in the parking lot who insist on going the wrong way and there's not enough room for 2 cars to pass each other so one has to back up out of the aisle.
Tumble Weed
Almost all of these have been rational .

I was expecting deeper levels of neurosis with this board.
El Chupacabra
People that chew food within hearing distance of me

As$holes on airplanes that are too fat stupid or weak to get their 87 lb "carry on" in/out of the overhead
zooguy96
People who call mags "clips".
I know a lot about a little, and a little about a lot.
HalifaxAg
AG
People who will wait in a line to order something, but don't know what they want when their turn comes.

Walkers/runners who wear dark clothing with no reflection strips when out at night.

Drivers who will race behind me while I'm backing up and more than 50% out of my parking spot.

Politicians, especially those on the left

My wife's irrational need to rinse and clean recyclables before disposal.

Drivers who make right turns from the left lane

Insurance companies
Ag83
AG
Quote:

People who will wait in a line to order something, but don't know what they want when their turn comes.

JustPanda
AG
You do know you're supposed to wash off recycling right? She's actually correct.
JustPanda
AG
Texas, California, New York, & Florida drivers in roundabouts. You don't stop, you yield to the left and under no circumstance do you stop once in the round about. The arrow in the center of your lane will provide the legal options on where to go. No left arrow, no left turn, no straight arrow, no ability to go straight. They aren't that hard…
CactusThomas
AG
JustPanda said:

You do know you're supposed to wash off recycling right? She's actually correct.

Just so you know we pay asians to dump our "recycling" in the river, right?
JustPanda
AG
Depends on the company and the type of recycling. Most clam shell and packaging plastics like sandwich containers are thrown out but most glass metals and larger plastics (milk jugs, detergent bottles, etc) which equal about 15% are still recycled. There's not enough density and mass on most single serves to make it economical but the larger plastics still have some value. That's why banning or severely limiting single use plastics is needed unless the economics change dramatically.

Zero waste for the win…

In Colorado you can ask the waste man agent company and they have to tell you. Our county and Pitkin and Eagle do their own recycling and dont outsource to a larger national conglomerate. You can go watch the **** happen in vivo if you're bored and want something to do.
spud1910
AG
JustPanda said:

Texas, California, New York, & Florida drivers in roundabouts. You don't stop, you yield to the left and under no circumstance do you stop once in the round about. The arrow in the center of your lane will provide the legal options on where to go. No left arrow, no left turn, no straight arrow, no ability to go straight. They aren't that hard…
I grew up in a town with a circle (what Texans call them) and I love them. Far more efficient than the lighted montrosity they eventually replaced it with.
JustPanda
AG
Way better for the environment too.
JustPanda
AG
People that treat blinking yellows like a blinking red.
Jack Squat 83
AG
Retail workers who reply to my typical "thanks" when buying something in THEIR store........with "you're welcome". Uh, that's not the right answer a-hole.

Waiters who either never come back after food is served, or those who check in every 2 minutes to see if you need anything.

People who walk as slow as humanly possible when you stop your vehicle as a courtesy to let them safely cross the road or parking lot. Dammit.
Pretty sure most of you don’t know me.
duddleysdraw88
AG
Pronouns

anything pertaining to climate change or going green

People that get their "feelings hurt"

Any use of "the rib"

People who expect apologies for comments made here

High fence vs low fence debates

Best caliber debates

when you put your card in the pump and it says "see cashier inside" and you have to swipe inside

Our new entrance song

anybody that is excited about or thinks having anything to do with those Ftards over in asstin is in some way a good thing

chickencoupe16
AG
Waiters who keep coins when they bring change so that $4.58 in change is returned as $4.00. Hope they like their $0.58 tip.

People who like and use the zipper merge method. Even if I know it is objectively better, it goes against the foundations we're all taught as children to wait in line.

Decorative towels that are not meant to be used.

It's mostly died out now but restaurants that stopped giving physical menus and wanted you to look it up on your phone instead.

When the Chic-Fil-A person tries to take my order before I've even made it to the menu. If you want me to have a decision made 12 cars back in line, put the damn menu there!
chickencoupe16
AG
agracer said:

docb said:

I get mad at the people taking up the diesel pumps but I really think they have no idea. Should just make diesel pumps separate and we would not have to deal with this.
How is anyone supposed to know that some pumps have gas/diesel and some have gas only? It's not obvious until you pull into the gas lane that a pump has both handles. And honestly at the places I get gas, I assumed ALL the pumps had both, not just a few.
People have already mentioned the handles which, yes, are hard to see from a distance but are definitely visible before pulling into a lane. Many pumps also have green hoses for the diesel and many pumps have "diesel" flags at the top.

Legitimate question: my dad drove a diesel when I was a kid and passed it to me when I turned 16, so I have always been aware of pumps. That said, I've sat waiting for plenty of gas cars to fill up while several gas only pumps were available. Have you (or anyone else) never wondered why someone seemed to want your exact pump even though there were many others available?
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
I've got a new one: diesel vehicle owners whining about gas stations
RK
AG
probably been mentioned, but people who swing out into the other lane before making a turn...as though they're driving a semi.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.