Outdoors
Sponsored by

[Discussion about OB moderation] - Edited thread title

79,088 Views | 686 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Redstone
Thisguy1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I know. I've already gotten a PM saying they'd let me back in if I wanted in.

I just like messing with AC.
CSTXAg92
AG
CharlieBrown17 said:

IceCream14 said:

Maybe we should nominate some mods for staph to take into consideration?

Is this where I campaign with promises of titty Tuesdays?

Yes. Yes it most definitely is.
agsalaska
AG
BenderRodriguez said:

agsalaska said:

But I have sold thousands of them.

So has Obama. Yalls opinions hold about equal weight, based on the same amount of experience.

Ummmm. Errrrr. Uhhhh.

Yea I got nothing. Well done sir.
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
agrams
AG
I'm still around each day, I just try to limit my posting about my hobby. its borderline outdoors (more home improvement.. but that forum is slower) so I don't want to spam it to this forum. I'm also swallowed with a lot of bigger projects and backlogged until probably February. this year has been a lesson in learning to turn down projects and be more selective.

YOUR PROJECT POSTS ARE ALWAYS WELCOME - STAFF
45-70Ag
AG
I appreciate this place, thanks for letting this yankee ask dumb questions and for you guys being patient enough to answer them.
BenderRodriguez
AG
agsalaska said:

Ummmm. Errrrr. Uhhhh.

Yea I got nothing. Well done sir.

On a non related note, I'll be shooting the revolver "platform" in competition in 2019.

You should come out to a match so there will be at least two revolver shooters there.

I bet I could even scrounge up some cargo pants for you if you're worried about not looking tacticool enough.
bassmaster07
AG
agrams said:

I'm still around each day, I just try to limit my posting about my hobby. its borderline outdoors (more home improvement.. but that forum is slower) so I don't want to spam it to this forum. I'm also swallowed with a lot of bigger projects and backlogged until probably February. this year has been a lesson in learning to turn down projects and be more selective.

You post as often as you want. Trees are outdoors and your work is a tribute to them! Plus when I have the money I want you to still be here so I can buy!
AgsMnn
AG
I second staffs remark.
DDSO
AG
Whatever happened to Skubalon?
TheVarian
AG
I thought Dubi and Mr. Dubi were still around
agsalaska
AG
I'm in. I wear a 40-32.
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
Post removed:
by user
SWCBonfire
AG
WatchOle said:

For example, we've only removed 55 topics in the last year out of 6145 created and a good portion of those were due to spam.

I would ask how that thread count/traffic compares to yearly OB totals of 5-10 years ago (including thread length and content). That's the real metric you should be getting to the bottom of. You're selling access to content, and that is likely dropping along with quality of said content. Older posters are growing weary of (inconsistent) moderation and/or are using other mediums to interact online. They aren't getting replaced by younger posters in similar numbers, so it seems.

I would respectfully ask you to compare your traffic with a competitive purple and gold site to the east, and see if their thead counts in non-sports forums are down as well, are down less, etc. I certainly notice plenty of former texags poster handles on there.

And I am also a former paying member who decided to drop stars due to what I considered the overreaching and vindictive moderation and the poor treatment of paying customers.
dodger02
AG
I'm going to send Sean a text and refer to him as a "front hole" for leaving the OB over AR threads.

BRB
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
I love this board. I don't get to hunt much if at all anymore and live through the posts. I've learned more about guns here than other places and can find just about any information I need here.

Perhaps I am too fresh over here but I really enjoy everything from cooking, hunting, guns and pointy sticks, agrams woodworking, gardening and just seeing other do what I would love to have the time/energy/$$$ to accomplish.
rather be fishing
AG
So can I request that this thread be deleted on here, or should I do that through email?

[email -- Moderator]
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
CSTXAg92 said:

CharlieBrown17 said:

IceCream14 said:

Maybe we should nominate some mods for staph to take into consideration?

Is this where I campaign with promises of titty Tuesdays?

Yes. Yes it most definitely is.

Y'all can't have titty Tuesdays and ban Charpie.
45-70Ag
rather be fishing
AG
rather be fishing said:

So can I request that this thread be deleted on here, or should I do that through email?

[email -- Moderator]

Thanks, that was just for personal clarification. I want to see how deep this rabbit hole is.
agsalaska
AG
dodger02 said:

I'm going to send Sean a text and refer to him as a "front hole" for leaving the OB over AR threads.

BRB

Whe you text him tell him I still want his rifle.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Just read this, though I missed most of AC's thread. Damn... a lot of drama on the OB.

You're all a bunch of front holes.
Bregxit
AG
third coast.. said:

i wonder if this thread has invited more or less moderation to this board.

Post Charpie's boobs and find out.
Post removed:
by user
Your Friend
GB drama queens posting on the OB board
Bregxit
AG
Your Friend said:

Even the Puddy stalker is here!?!?
45-70Ag
AG
dlance said:

third coast.. said:

i wonder if this thread has invited more or less moderation to this board.

Post Charpie's boobs and find out.

45-70Ag
AG
Your Friend said:

Look what the cat dug up
Charpie
AG
Maybe I'll post my own
dr_boogs
AG
EskimoJoe said:

AggieChemist said:

Swampstander
Master Aggie
Str8tshot
WC87
Ducks4breakfast
Urban ag
Bushman

Sure people fall off for a variety of reasons. But there are damn few old ags still actively posting here. Hell I was wet behind the ears when I started posting here and now I'm the old one.

Go back and look at any thread from 10 years ago. Or 5.

35chillilights
dubi
Mrdubi

I'd add Finn - his posts were awesome - but as discussed he was permabanned on politics
And Tx4guns - learned how to build my first AR from him and bought several sets of custom 1911 grips from him. Great dude.
CTgilley
And Skelso - best night vision knowledge on the board hands down and a top notch gunsmith. He'd do anything to help you. Great Ag.
WhoopN06
Irish_Man said:

Your Friend said:

Look what the cat dug up
Just pay back for trying to *****it.
dr_boogs
AG
AggieChemist said:

WatchOle said:

I don't think any of those posters are banned and at least half have never been moderated even once. Are you saying they stopped posting here due to moderation? I'm honestly curious.

No and I don't think I singled out moderation as the sole driving factor. But this board went from essentially unmoderated to heavily moderated in a period of less than 5 years.

Everyone agrees there has been a change in culture. Everyone agrees the board is less "itself". Everyone agrees it's a negative change.

I know the level of moderation has changed. I know the character of campus has changed. I know we are all getting older.

I don't have answers. I'm just yelling at clouds and missing my friends.

I'm too old and crotchety to make new ones.

You're one of the best posters here. Cigar pass organization alone is worth a permanent blue star. I'm not on FB or I'd ask to join the FB group. I PMd you or messaged you in a thread a year or so ago about hooking up for a steelhead trip sometime. Would still be up for it if you ever wet a fly with folks who aren't from around your neck of the woods.
C4D
AG
Irish_Man said:

Your Friend said:

Look what the cat dragged up

FIFY
Badace52
AG
I second this motion!!
CM
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Long Live Sully
AG
third coast.. said:

and to piggyback on this, i am one unnecessary ban away from dropping my stars. drop in the bucket i know but i let the mods know that last time i caught a ban.

I hear you. I dropped my sub and I have paid here for a long time as well. I got a ban and this was the explanation I got.

"A random visitor would have no option than to read the charges at face-value".

So someone who happened by TA might read something I posted and take offense. That was so lame and it pissed me off so my "drop in the bucket" left.

At the end of the day the subscription dollars may not mean a lot to the bottom line, but they represent eyeballs which is what the advertisers are buying.
AgsMnn
AG
Keep thinking this thread will die down. Pretty soon LY will be here and it's all over.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.