Outdoors
Sponsored by

[Discussion about OB moderation] - Edited thread title

79,082 Views | 686 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Redstone
agsalaska
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Charpie said:

I did not

Fair enough. I believe you.
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
BenderRodriguez
AG
The big change I would like to see is no more disappearing threads.

It's y'alls site, run it how you want. But it's frustrating as hell to have a thread just up and disappear and have no idea why if you weren't sitting there refreshing TexAgs every thirty seconds until it got nuked.

That would help make the moderation here a little more transparent. Right now, who effing knows what exactly crossed the line and got a thread deleted? None of us, because the thread is gone like a Sumlin QB recruit after freshman year.
WhoopN06
I meant it as a joke but now that i think about it....
trouble
AG
dlance said:

trouble said:

You want to know why things get deleted and banned? Other people flag it. That's what gets it in front of staff. Maybe there are lots of people who like her or maybe there are people who don't like others and flag all the *****

This is one thing that was supposed to be looked at when the new flagging system went in. Whether groups of people were targeting certain folks. I don't think that is being watched very closely.

Probably not. Most of my posting the last few years in on baseball game threads
ellebee
WhoopN06 said:

i nominate Schmellba99. He always seems to have a pulse on the consensus of the board.

Oh dear...
Oogway
My rule of thumb when a post (of mine) has been deleted is to reflect upon my words. I have a habit of getting off topic and occasionally get snarky and can appreciate that comments will not always be taken in the intended manner. But ultimately, I tell myself: "Their forum, their rules," and move on.

The poster who commented upon the various culture of certain boards is spot on and I like it when people respect that and don't get nasty with each other w/o a clear understanding of where the lines are drawn, for example, on the Aggieland board is a lot different than the politics board.
FightinTexasAggie08
Charpie said:

The part about the real estate in 3rd coast's and gigem02's head was condescending. The rest was not.

How about I ban myself from a board that I hardly post on?

Please ban yourself from politics as well
Charpie
AG
Why don't you ignore me too? Who ran and told you what was going on over here?!? Guess I'm not the only one with friends
AgsMnn
AG
agsalaska said:

AgsMnn said:

Where did Sean go?

To the woods I guess. He hasn't been around here.

I still want his rifle.

I noticed ever since the BUCK, he was never the same. Wish he would have harvested that monster.
agsalaska
AG
Yea man that big boy ****ed him up bad.
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
jabberwalkie09
AG
WhoopN06 said:

i nominate Schmellba99. He always seems to have a pulse on the consensus of the board.

That's definitely playing with fire.
Post removed:
by user
EskimoJoe
AggieChemist said:

Swampstander
Master Aggie
Str8tshot
WC87
Ducks4breakfast
Urban ag
Bushman

Sure people fall off for a variety of reasons. But there are damn few old ags still actively posting here. Hell I was wet behind the ears when I started posting here and now I'm the old one.

Go back and look at any thread from 10 years ago. Or 5.

35chillilights
dubi
Mrdubi
DeWrecking Crew
agsalaska said:

Sean98 wa right about one thing.

AR15s suck.

Name a more versatile, affordable, reliable, higher performing platform...I'll hang up and listen
BCStalk
Well I guess since I was one of the ones who had a different opinion on the other thread I guess I'll chime in. I spend 90% of my life outdoors. I work in the middle of nowhere, and spend as many weekends a year as possible at the lease either working or hunting. I truly enjoy just about everything posted here. Yesterday I stated a different opinion on a post with my reasoning behind it. I'll tell you what, I got blasted at by several posters. Shy of the couple of inappropriate posts towards me, I'm a big boy and can take others beating their opinion into me. There was nothing but a conversation from outdoorsman too outdoorsman. As AC stated in the other thread, this board is good at moderation. At the end of the day, we all share the same interests so I never have any hard feelings towards anyone. The whole purpose of this online forum is communication and it isn't always gonna be friendly. All I know is I try and help others out when I can and I do my best to support the sponsors here. I don't have the ability to take some of the awesome trips you guys take, so seeing the hunting and fishing you guys do will always keep my interest here. I may not always have the same view as some of y'all, but that's not gonna change the respect I have for many of you and the activities y'all are a part of.
agsalaska
AG
DeWrecking Crew said:

agsalaska said:

Sean98 wa right about one thing.

AR15s suck.

Name a more versatile, affordable, reliable, higher performing platform...I'll hang up and listen

You said the word 'platform'

Haha

Tacticool

Haha

HumbleAg04
AG
So how many acres do I need before I can call it a ranch? Also should I high fence my ranch?
Post removed:
by user
agsalaska
AG
Lol
BenderRodriguez
AG
IIRC, you don't even own an AR, correct?

If so, youre about as qualified and knowledgeable on the subject as i am about fly rods.

Only difference is you'll never see me try to give an opinion on something I'm ignorant as hell about.
BenderRodriguez
AG
HumbleAg04 said:

So how many acres do I need before I can call it a ranch? Also should I high fence my ranch?

Yes

Also get a farm tag for your luxury trim truck
bassmaster07
AG
Think so. Sad times.
CharlieBrown17
AG
BenderRodriguez said:

HumbleAg04 said:

Yes

Also get a farm tag for your luxury trim truck

And pay the sales tax from your online purchases
CactusThomas
AG
third coast.. said:

i always laugh when i am in training and instructors call pistols weapon systems.

Those are the same folks who **** a brick when someone calls a magazine a clip.
agsalaska
AG
BenderRodriguez said:

IIRC, you don't even own an AR, correct?

If so, youre about as qualified and knowledgeable on the subject as i am about fly rods.

Only difference is you'll never see me try to give an opinion on something I'm ignorant as hell about.

I dont own one. I would never own something so ****ty.

But I have sold thousands of them. The tacticool crowd has lots of money.
flashplayer
AG
WatchOle said:

No, moderators are assigned forums. Now, some moderators CAN moderate any forum but they are more senior mods.

Would it be possible to remove the Rockets homer from moderating the basketball other board?
Thisguy1
AggieChemist said:

WatchOle said:

AggieChemist said:

WatchOle said:

I don't think any of those posters are banned and at least half have never been moderated even once. Are you saying they stopped posting here due to moderation? I'm honestly curious.

No and I don't think I singled out moderation as the sole driving factor. But this board went from essentially unmoderated to heavily moderated in a period of less than 5 years.

Everyone agrees there has been a change in culture. Everyone agrees the board is less "itself". Everyone agrees it's a negative change.

I know the level of moderation has changed. I know the character of campus has changed. I know we are all getting older.

I don't have answers. I'm just yelling at clouds and missing my friends.

I'm too old and crotchety to make new ones.
I've got to step away for a while (read: I've got to go home and take care of kids while wife goes to function), but this isn't a heavily moderated forum. I'd like to do a little more research though to see if it's MORE moderated than in times past.

This used to be a place where I could call schmeball an SOB and he'd call me a hillbilly ******* and we'd raise our beers at each other across the campfire in mutual respect and the knowledge that we understood each other.

Random poster could come here with a dumb situation they caused and be called out for it (even impolitely).

It really felt like an e-campfire or the back room of a fly shop where the talk was crusty. Real. Not always SFW, but not obscene, either.

It was an adult place. It was the hardware store full of old men and my grandpa when I was 10. I might hear something a little old for my ears but I was among men learning to be a man.

It doesn't feel like that anymore.

This is all very esoteric but I'm trying to convey that this place WAS special. And is now less so. For whatever reason.

That's how I felt about the Facebook group, and then you banned me from it.
AggieChemist
AG
Thisguy1 said:

AggieChemist said:

WatchOle said:

AggieChemist said:

WatchOle said:

I don't think any of those posters are banned and at least half have never been moderated even once. Are you saying they stopped posting here due to moderation? I'm honestly curious.

No and I don't think I singled out moderation as the sole driving factor. But this board went from essentially unmoderated to heavily moderated in a period of less than 5 years.

Everyone agrees there has been a change in culture. Everyone agrees the board is less "itself". Everyone agrees it's a negative change.

I know the level of moderation has changed. I know the character of campus has changed. I know we are all getting older.

I don't have answers. I'm just yelling at clouds and missing my friends.

I'm too old and crotchety to make new ones.
I've got to step away for a while (read: I've got to go home and take care of kids while wife goes to function), but this isn't a heavily moderated forum. I'd like to do a little more research though to see if it's MORE moderated than in times past.

This used to be a place where I could call schmeball an SOB and he'd call me a hillbilly ******* and we'd raise our beers at each other across the campfire in mutual respect and the knowledge that we understood each other.

Random poster could come here with a dumb situation they caused and be called out for it (even impolitely).

It really felt like an e-campfire or the back room of a fly shop where the talk was crusty. Real. Not always SFW, but not obscene, either.

It was an adult place. It was the hardware store full of old men and my grandpa when I was 10. I might hear something a little old for my ears but I was among men learning to be a man.

It doesn't feel like that anymore.

This is all very esoteric but I'm trying to convey that this place WAS special. And is now less so. For whatever reason.

That's how I felt about the Facebook group, and then you banned me from it.

Lmao. Hell, I'd let you back in.
FightinTexasAggie08
WatchOle said:

No, moderators are assigned forums. Now, some moderators CAN moderate any forum but they are more senior mods.

Can we please have an alt right moderator for the politics board? We need to include all view points. You can PM me.
aggielostinETX
AG
“A republic, if you can keep it”

AggieKatie2 said:
ETX is honestly starting to scare me a bit as someone who may be trigger happy.
C4D
AG
This isnt going to end well.
The OB is being diluted and over regulated as we speak.
aggielostinETX
AG
C4D said:

This isnt going to end well.
The OB is being diluted and over regulated as we speak.

Dilution already happened
“A republic, if you can keep it”

AggieKatie2 said:
ETX is honestly starting to scare me a bit as someone who may be trigger happy.
jabberwalkie09
AG
That's a fixable thing.

Iirc, there was a purge for various reasons.
BenderRodriguez
AG
agsalaska said:

But I have sold thousands of them.

So has Obama. Yalls opinions hold about equal weight, based on the same amount of experience.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.