Outdoors
Sponsored by

[Discussion about OB moderation] - Edited thread title

79,019 Views | 686 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Redstone
End Of Message
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Meaningful participation in this board has hit rock bottom.

FWIW, Charpie is a nice person, but ultimately is a busy body who loves TAMU.

This board used to be my go-to for all things hunting, gear, and, well, recipes even. As noted in other threads, the most valued contributors have adios'ed.
FishrCoAg
AG
third coast.. said:

FishrCoAg said:

Ban someone who rarely posts here because troll posters complain about bans they attribute to said person who the owner has stated is not and has never been a mod. Sounds brave. The "victims" of these purported bans sound like libtard snowflakes.
are you or have you ever been a mod?
No. Are you?
CharlieBrown17
AG
Throw em in the lake, if they drown oh well they weren't a mod. If they don't we can burn them.
schmellba99
AG
FishrCoAg said:

Ban someone who rarely posts here because troll posters complain about bans they attribute to said person who the owner has stated is not and has never been a mod. Sounds brave. The "victims" of these purported bans sound like libtard snowflakes.
We get it, you have the hots for Charpie. Stop whight knighting for her, it's old. Go to the GB to do that crap.

She's not a regular poster here and magically showed up after somebody obviously went running to her to tell her that her name was mentioned, and you and that other dude began your defense of anything and everything. That's what more people are irked about than anything.
TheVarian
AG
Burt Macklin, FBI
AG
The one I was talking about was on Poli as well. I just made an edit because I wasn't clear on that initially.
WatchOle
Staff
AG
Can you give me an example? Thanks.
Gig'em, Brandon '95
schmellba99
AG
WatchOle said:

dlance said:

WatchOle said:

Ok, let's put today's AC thread to the side for a second as it's purpose was only to complain about threads/posts being removed. We typically remove that type of stuff and ask posters to direct questions regarding moderation to moderator@texags.com. Now that said, AC might have a valid complaint so let's try to get down to that...

What specific threads/posts have been removed that has everyone upset?

There was one of a funny picture involving a hunter and a buck that wouldn't leave the vicinty of the doe that was just shot. Can't remember who the OP was.
The thread you are referring to was titled "Funny Hunting Picture" and it's my understanding that the OP asked us to remove it.
And the OP asked for it to be removed because a very small number of posters got their panties in a bunch and it went sideways.

How about just deleting those posts? It happens on other boards with frequency, but here it seems the entire thread gets nuked simply because somebody somewhere may be upset that something wasn't up to their standards.

And moderators should be known, this is the only board I'm aware of (granted, sample size is pretty small) that moderators get to hide behind the curtain and no explanation is required for action. Of course, this is also the only board that I'm on (again very small sample size) that a handful of perpetually offended posters seem to have significant sway, even when mods tell you that they are constantly getting complaints about those very posters.
trouble
AG
Kinda like when you show up on baseball just to ***** about the coach
meggy09
AG
Test
suburban cowboy
AG
Brandon,

I started posting on TexAgs when I was 20 years old.
I have unquestionably posted some risqu material on the boards over the years.

Most recently, I served a year and a half ban for questioning the moderator on something I was originally banned two weeks for.

Also, I was threatened with a perma about a month ago due to my posting history. I literally did not post for almost two years, and have had model behavior since then. My posting history is 99% good bull. I have hired Aggies from here and met some Aggie friends.
At what point does a poster get rewarded for good behavior? I am a different person now than when I was 20 years old.

I would be a premium subscriber but I can't stomach paying you guys when you allow such inconsistent and simply unfair moderation.
End Of Message
AG
WatchOle said:

Of what? Charpis as a nice person? Charpie as a busy body? Contributors abandoning the thread?
jabberwalkie09
AG
meggy09 said:

Test

Not banned.

Yet.
Badace52
AG
I rarely see Sean98 on here anymore, also agrams is rarely around, Apache pops up every now and then, but a lot less than before. There are just a lot more trash posts and needless moderation than there used to be on here and I have only been frequenting for the past few years. It seems to be irking the old blood. I know it drives some of them crazy from my personal conversations with a few of the OB fixtures in private.
CM
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
jabberwalkie09
AG
WatchOle said:

As far as contributors to the OB, I can think of one notable poster I haven't seen in a long time: Sean98.
Charpie
AG
So if I run over to the golf board complaining about you, you don't think that your friends should let you know? Man, you got ****ty friends.
Post removed:
by user
agsalaska
AG
WatchOle said:

Sean98 and Finn are the most recent two that seem to be gone.

The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
CharlieBrown17
AG
third coast.. said:

if someone complains about me, threads dont disappear.

So I guess we're just ignoring both Brandon and the Mods explanation on why that was deleted.

Not really sure what y'all's issue is but it wasn't on this board until you posted about it.
Charpie
AG
Why not deal with me? What do you gain by airing your personal grievances with me so publicly?

Here's so more attention!!

OverSeas AG
AG
Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess
agsalaska
AG
WatchOle said:

Sean98 and Finn are the two that come to mind that have disappeared recently.

If that was what you were asking.
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
CharlieBrown17
AG
agsalaska said:

WatchOle said:

Sean98 and Finn are the most recent two that seem to be gone.

I don't really think Sean98 is gone because of moderation, or at least it wasn't the biggest factor. Think he just got tired of the board/topics being discusssed on a regular basis.

agsalaska
AG
Post removed:
by user
Charpie
AG
About that topic? Dude, there was nothing more to be said.

Is every thread supposed to be a fight?
End Of Message
AG
third coast.. said:

you called out my wife's breastfeeding in a thread, and when i retorted, you didnt say anything.
The Wonderer
AG
third coast.. said:

if someone complains about me, threads dont disappear.
trouble
AG
Every comment doesn't deserve a reply. Are you 12?
ratfacemcdougal
I have to say agrams is quite active. Prob 10-15 posts each month. Just look up his info.
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
Charpie
AG
So I did.

And now you're mad that I did?

I guess everyone needs to be a victim.

Do yourself a favor, put me on ignore.
WatchOle
Staff
AG
IceCream14 said:

Brandon,

I started posting on TexAgs when I was 20 years old.
I have unquestionably posted some risqu material on the boards over the years.

Most recently, I served a year and a half ban for questioning the moderator on something I was originally banned two weeks for.

Also, I was threatened with a perma about a month ago due to my posting history. I literally did not post for almost two years, and have had model behavior since then. My posting history is 99% good bull. I have hired Aggies from here and met some Aggie friends.
At what point does a poster get rewarded for good behavior? I am a different person now than when I was 20 years old.

I would be a premium subscriber but I can't stomach paying you guys when you allow such inconsistent and simply unfair moderation.

Just so we're clear, hear was the post you made and received a two week ban for:

Quote:

I can't think of a black that's accomplished something great enough to warrant feature on American currency.

If they'd contribute something worth a damn I wouldn't care.
That ban was changed to permanent based on a your belligerence when communicating to us about it.
Gig'em, Brandon '95
Badace52
AG
BTW even with the recent decline in quality, OB is still the best board on this site by a fair margin. It is the reason I stay subscribed to TexAgs at all.
CM
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.