Outdoors
Sponsored by

[Discussion about OB moderation] - Edited thread title

79,101 Views | 686 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Redstone
Post removed:
by user
trouble
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
dlance said:

zooguy96 said:

But why the hell should we have to say "front hole" on the OB?!?!?

What is a front hole? Pee hole? Why would you call someone a pee hole?

It was made up by people who don't know anatomy
Bregxit
AG
You should be banned for even knowing that.
Post removed:
by user
Hoyt Ag
AG
Myself. I dont post near what I use to due to moderating inconsistency and a close second is my issues with Billy and Gabe during Sumlins tenure.
Charpie
AG
I am sorry OB. I really am.
trouble
AG
Charpie said:

As you should be, young lady
agsalaska
AG
Sean98 wa right about one thing.

AR15s suck.
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
CharlieBrown17
AG
agsalaska said:

Sean98 wa right about one thing.

AR15s suck.

I thought your stubborn ass finally gave in and bought one?
agsalaska
AG
Charpie said:

So, Charlpie I'm just curious. And I'm not sure why Incare enough to type this, but are they right? Do you actively try to get people, threads, posts banned or zapped? Did you get the thread today zapped?

Again I dont rrally care. It's the internet. Just wondering how these things work for people that care enough.
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
Knucklesammich
Posters who dont post or post near as often:

With about 30 seconds of thought:
Sean98...his contributions were epic
Dubi and Mr Dubi ...a ton of great, mature input on a ton of subjects
AC- im no fly fisherman but love his pics and posts
Bender- im not a huge AR guy but his posts have always been so thought out and his shooting drills posts were great

There are others Im missing. But this was my favorite part of TexAgs. Always learned a ton and it was cool reading about other spectrums of "outdoors". I mean damn this is rhe board where we dont talk about Doss, find lost items, tracked down the hardest working men in oil while arguing about high fences, shooting hogs in their nuts and the merits of various skiffs, ask if soneone has a dog to track a deer and have a cell nhmber in minutes from someone 90 miles away.

Hell there was a great discussion lamenting thr closing of the Coleman DQ and how good Big Os is. Personally awesome to know there are others that love that place.

Now its just empty.
Aero95
AG
This has been the most entertaining thread of the day!

I too miss Sean on here. He's not been on FB much either so I wonder if he fell in with some woman and just disappeared. I last saw him in Omaha 2017.
AggieChemist
AG
drummer0415 said:

In reference to certain members leaving the board, I gotta clear something up.....

I believe there are some that left or are visiting less frequently because of the moderation, but Sean was not one of them. He left because he's a giant front hole and couldn't handle the fact that people that hunt and fish ALSO happen to like AR15s. He literally hated AR15s. It became his hill to die on and he died a self inflicted death simply because he couldn't handle not clicking on threads that he didn't like. That's his loss. Bye Felicia.

Off topic but:

You have correctly articulated Sean's feeling about ARs and threads about ARs, which he made no secret. It is incorrect to state that he left here because of that, however.

He just ceased being interested in participating here... and because he's not a drama queen... just left.
Charpie
AG
How could I do that?
trouble
AG
You want to know why things get deleted and banned? Other people flag it. That's what gets it in front of staff. Maybe there are lots of people who like her or maybe there are people who don't like others and flag all the *****
trouble
AG
Aero95 said:

This has been the most entertaining thread of the day!

I too miss Sean on here. He's not been on FB much either so I wonder if he fell in with some woman and just disappeared. I last saw him in Omaha 2017.

I can't imagine that being the reason
AgsMnn
AG
Well dang. Really miss his post. Is it possible to ban folks from certain forums?

agsalaska
AG
Charpie said:

How could I do that?

I have no idea. I dont know how these things work. But I did see you on that thread and then proof, gone. And that's exactly what they were saying about other thread.

And you didnt answer the question. Did you?
AgsMnn
AG
Where did Sean go?
STX Ag
AG
You said in the other thread he got tired of the bull****, whatever that was.

So was he tired of the bull****, or he just lost interest? The latter seems to make a heck of a lot more sense. Hell, I used to be glued to the football bored, 3 kids and a few years later and it all seems kinda stupid and boring to me.
agsalaska
AG
AgsMnn said:

Where did Sean go?

To the woods I guess. He hasn't been around here.

I still want his rifle.
Hoyt Ag
AG
Get back in the kitchen.
AggieChemist
AG
STX Ag said:

You said in the other thread he got tired of the bull****, whatever that was.

So was he tired of the bull****, or he just lost interest? The latter seems to make a heck of a lot more sense. Hell, I used to be glued to the football bored, 3 kids and a few years later and it all seems kinda stupid and boring to me.

Can one not lose interest because one is tired of bull*****
trouble
AG
I already cooked and served dinner, tyvm
suburban cowboy
AG
Maybe we should nominate some mods for staph to take into consideration?
Charpie
AG
I did not
STX Ag
AG
Sure. Asked bc one post made it seem like he was disgusted with the board, the other made it seem like he just wasn't interested in posting outdoors stuff on the interwebs anymore.
WhoopN06
i nominate Schmellba99. He always seems to have a pulse on the consensus of the board.
Bregxit
AG
trouble said:

You want to know why things get deleted and banned? Other people flag it. That's what gets it in front of staff. Maybe there are lots of people who like her or maybe there are people who don't like others and flag all the *****

This is one thing that was supposed to be looked at when the new flagging system went in. Whether groups of people were targeting certain folks. I don't think that is being watched very closely.
CharlieBrown17
AG
IceCream14 said:

Maybe we should nominate some mods for staph to take into consideration?

Is this where I campaign with promises of titty Tuesdays?
AV8ORAG84
AG
I think you are all a bunch of Sob's except That damn hillbilly!
Every day is a Holiday, Every Meal is a Banquet, My upperclassmen treat me like a brother, God I LOVE IT HERE!!!!
Post removed:
by user
trouble
AG
I wouldn't say he was disgusted. Just tired of bull*****

He takes a sabbatical from here every baseball season but usually comes back in the fall. This year, I guess he didn't really miss it as much as before. I'm still hoping he comes back to baseball in February
agsalaska
AG
WhoopN06 said:

i nominate Schmellba99. He always seems to have a pulse on the consensus of the board.

Schnelbaa99 is an *******. No way he....

Wait a minute. He is the perfect ******* for the job.

I second Schmelba
KenAg06
AG
AgsMnn said:

Where did Sean go?
pretty sure he still lurks from time to time. He answered a question I asked in a pm earlier this year.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.