Xbox Series X

44,332 Views | 636 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Pman17
PoppaB05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Target- got to payment 3 times and emptied cart
Amazon- never got to preorder
Walmart- sold out before could get it
Best Buy-. Finally sitting in cart, can't check out
YNWA_AG
AG
Microsoft still has some. That's where I got mine
WES2006AG
AG
Microsoft saying sold out for me. Had one in cart at BB but after trying to check out for a while it said sold out.
TexAgBolter
AG
Have had one in my cart at MS for 30 minutes. Won't let me checkout.
permabull
AG
Grats to everyone that snagged one.. I tried to jump in at 10am with no luck then was busy till now and it looks like OOS everywhere. I had listed my XBox One on eBay last week but got spooked when I saw the ps5 and rtx3080 sell out so fast and pulled the listing before it had any bids. Didn't want to risk not having a console until sometime early next year.

Disappointed I wasn't able to pre order, but this does bode well for Xbox... If they didn't sell out instantly it would be bad PR for who has the early lead for the next gen console war.
EarlyAg07
AG
jr15aggie said:

PoppaB05 said:

Target sold out
Yeah... I had one in my cart pretty much right away. Then I wrestled with the "your cart is empty" when trying to check out. Eventually got to the shipping and payment screen. Went to place order... 'sorry, sold out'.
Had a really similar experience. Kept struggling with adding it into the cart and then took 10 minutes of clicking "Place Order", praying it would actually place an order. I ended up being lucky though and it went through. Good Lord this was a mess though.

I think what irritates me is that this shouldn't have been a surprise to any of these retailers. The 3080 and PS5 launches were nightmares and it looks like the XBX/S launch wasn't any smoother.
AgsWin2011
AG
Anyone else that was able to get one from Walmart have an arrival/delivery date of 11/12 in lie of 11/10?

Just curious if they added the 2 additional days to mine (and others?) as a safety net because I believe release date is 11/10.
Post removed:
by user
WES2006AG
AG
I'm really surprised I wan't able to get one anywhere. I wonder if they held some units back for stores on release day.
TexAgBolter
AG
Still have one in my cart with an order number at MS. Hoping it eventually lets me checkout.
jr15aggie
AG
My experience with pre-orders is don't worry about the dates when you pre-order. I know a lot of stores promise launch date deliveries or in store pick-ups... but the ship dates don't normally project that on pre-order day. Just get your order in and then sit on it.

They will usually update the exact info a week or two before launch day. They are waiting for the official word from MS and the distributors before they can get the final word to you.
crowman2010
AG
Pilmer said:

No, actual MLB got smart enough to say that they wouldn't allow Sony'S MLB The Show to have the license without making the game for all systems. Huge loss of revenue and brand recognition by limiting themselves to Sony
This.

I've never understood why they went this route in the first place. I wonder how much money the MLB received from Sony for that exclusivity. I have to imagine that whatever it was, it would be far lower than receiving royalties from all of the players on Xbox, Nintendo, and PC.
92Ag95
AG
WES2006AG said:

Microsoft saying sold out for me. Had one in cart at BB but after trying to check out for a while it said sold out.
Happened to a friend of mine....when he went back again it was still in his cart and he was able to check out.

edit: at BB that is.
rbcs_2
AG
WES2006AG said:

I'm really surprised I wan't able to get one anywhere. I wonder if they held some units back for stores on release day.
I can't tell if you are kidding or not, but yes of course they are. Preorders is only a small percentage of the total number of machines they have.
agdoc2001
AG
Some up on Best Buy again!!!!!!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Leander - Ag
AG
Still can't add to cart at BBY
WES2006AG
AG
Just got mine ordered for store pickup at BB on release day.
agdoc2001
AG
Leander - Ag said:

Keep clicking it
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
WES2006AG
AG
Leander - Ag said:

I clicked for a long time before it finally worked
cmk10
AG
got one on amazon and one on bestbuy
Proposition Joe
Doesn't matter if the retailers are prepared for it or not -- it's near impossible to combat bots buying the inventory initially.

They can go back and identify bot orders and nuke them after the fact, but it's damn near impossible to combat it at the onset.
AgsWin2011
AG
I was able to just get another one. This time from Best Buy. I'm not going to be the guy that price gouges. The other is for a family member who will be reimbursing me.
TexAgBolter
AG
Just got one on BB.
permabull
AG
TexAgBolter said:

Just got one on BB.

Same... I had given up but decided to check this thread again and snagged a best buy pre order curb side pick up from the best buy near my house
aggiematt05
I was able to snag an X at BB and an S at target. I don't need two X boxes, happy to sell my S preorder for market value to anyone who was not able to get it.
tamusc
AG
I was able to snag an X around 1:45 at BB. Just kept randomly checking it all day and it finally showed up in my cart.
Aggietaco
AG
Whoops, got busy today and looks like all retailers are out of preorders.
jr15aggie
AG
Aggietaco said:

I'm trying to get one for my brother-in-law... best buys page has changed back again and the pre-order button is back. I can't get it to add to my cart just yet, but it looks like it's possible to snag one from here.
tamusc
AG
jr15aggie said:

Aggietaco said:

I'm trying to get one for my brother-in-law... best buys page has changed back again and the pre-order button is back. I can't get it to add to my cart just yet, but it looks like it's possible to snag one from here.

Yep, I just randomly kept hitting the preorder button and it finally added it to cart.
jr15aggie
AG
Nice. I wasn't able to get it, but it looks like Best Buy keeps adding the pre-order option back in throughout the day. I'm trying to be the hero for my brother in law.

He recently helped me get a new Glock 19 through his online connections... I'm trying to return the favor!
Aggietaco
AG
Thanks, I saw that on their mobile page but haven't been able to add it to my cart. I'll keep trying as I remember.
Aggietaco
AG
Well fudge, refreshed the page to see if that would help and the preorder button changed back to "coming soon"
jr15aggie
AG
Got mine for my bro via Best Buy. Just kept hitting the pre-order button and finally got through. If the pre-order is grayed out, refresh every few minutes and it will eventually turn back to the yellow "pre order" button.

I'm guessing what you guys are talking about is true... they are cancelling orders from earlier from bots or what-not and so they are putting more up online as the day goes on.
jr15aggie
AG
Aggietaco said:

Well fudge, refreshed the page to see if that would help and the preorder button changed back to "coming soon"

Keep trying... it will probably switch back in a few minutes. It's annoying but do-able.
evan_aggie
AG
"The Xbox One X is a fine console, but that's most likely not why people are clearing out Amazon's stock on this particular day. As you're likely aware, Xbox Series X pre-orders began today, and it sounds like people are accidentally ordering its similarly-named current-gen counterpart.

As @AndrewAlerts notes on Twitter, the Xbox One X's Amazon sales rank jumped 747% at one point on Tuesday, leaving little doubt that some shoppers are mistaking it for Microsoft's next-gen console. Further, Xbox One X consoles were among the top search results on Amazon for the first few hours shoppers were looking for Xbox Series X pre-orders."

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.