Xbox Series X

44,344 Views | 636 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Pman17
texsn95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bryan98 said:

Demon's Souls is the only game that makes me consider a PS5. Xbox is my preferred platform, and that of nearly all of my friends. I preordered the Series X, and I'm trying to resist the PS5. I already played Demon's Souls on PS3, but I'm one of those fanatics for Souls games.
Same...just saw some gameplay videos today of DS and it looked amazing. Infinite was my main reason to get the Series X but that's on hold of course. Love the Souls series and recently have moved away from the Witcher 3 so need something to grind on other than MCC ODST Firefight.
MGS
jr15aggie
AG
texsn95 said:

Bryan98 said:

Demon's Souls is the only game that makes me consider a PS5. Xbox is my preferred platform, and that of nearly all of my friends. I preordered the Series X, and I'm trying to resist the PS5. I already played Demon's Souls on PS3, but I'm one of those fanatics for Souls games.
Same...just saw some gameplay videos today of DS and it looked amazing. Infinite was my main reason to get the Series X but that's on hold of course. Love the Souls series and recently have moved away from the Witcher 3 so need something to grind on other than MCC ODST Firefight.

Definitely! It's currently the only game that I think actually looks next gen and it's only on PS5. The lighting alone...... yeah it looks really good.

PS5 has pretty much done everything right other than the look of the console. Dear Lord that's the ugliest & largest console I've ever seen. I could get away with it because my gaming cabinet in the living room has doors and I could hide that beast most of the time (it's open when I play for ventilation). But I feel bad for people that have to display that thing on their TV stand or whatever. Ugh!
92Ag95
AG
Has anyone who pre-ordered from Amazon and received notification that a shipping date would be provided later...

"Not yet shipped

We will email you when we have an estimated delivery date."

....been given a shipping date yet?
jr15aggie
AG
Listened to several YouTube reviews while I was driving today. Lots of guys really impressed how much better older and current games look and play.

Thanks to gamepass I'll be trying out lots of them next week!
MGS
Jedi Fallen Order hitting EA Play/Gamepass next week.
AgsWin2011
AG
The one I pre-ordered from Best Buy says "Ships by 11/10/20" and the one I pre-ordered from Walmart says "Will arrive by 11/12/2020"......

Hopefully they will be delivered by next Tuesday but I'm doubtful.
Bryan98
AG
92Ag95 said:

Has anyone who pre-ordered from Amazon and received notification that a shipping date would be provided later...

"Not yet shipped

We will email you when we have an estimated delivery date."

....been given a shipping date yet?

Me, posted about it on the previous page of this thread. It now says it arrives Tuesday.
"Texas - It's still America down here!"
Post removed:
by user
jr15aggie
AG
Question on TVs. The Samsung Q80R I got earlier this year is HDMI 2.0 only. So it won't do 4K and 120 hz (requires hdmi 2.1)

But, my tv does support 120 hz it says. Setting my One X to output at 120 drops the resolution to 1440p.

So my question is... will I be able to play 120 hz games on the Series X, just at the lower resolution? I'm assuming yes... would be awesome to try it out!
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
jr15aggie
AG
Thanks for the response / confirmation.

I know pretty much none of the games will be native 4k / 120 anyway, so the lower resolution isn't a huge deal. But one thing I'll lose is HDR in 120 hz mode on my TV. I'm guessing most Series X games using 120 will still upscale and have HDR... so an HDMI 2.1 TV or monitor would defintely be cool.

But I'm looking forward to testing some 120 fps games next week, even if I probably won't use it much. 99% of the time I want that 4K / HDR picture.

I think overall I'm most looking forward to 60 fps games that are either Native 4K or have a nice upscaled 4K. I hope all next gen games start considering 60 the standard... I'm pretty much done with 30 fps.
jr15aggie
AG
I hear we should all check out The Touryst on Series X. Looks like a really quirky and fun casual game. They say it runs fantastic on Series X... Native 4K and 120 fps. Or the option that most of us would use... 60 fps with a native 6K resolution. Of course it has to downsample that to 4K, but they say it looks incredible!

Something very different and It's on Game Pass so I'll defintely check it out.

DF breaks down the One X and PC port a few months ago... most of the things they gush over about the PC port is similar on Series X

Pman17
AG
Got the shipping confirmation email for the X. Shipping through FedEx. Arriving launch day.
WES2006AG
AG
I am doing curbside with Best Buy on Tuesday and it looks like everything is proceeding as planned. Now I need to decide if I want to take the day off to enjoy my new Series X.
permabull
AG
I got an email about setting up an appointment to pick up my best buy pre order, 7am launch day was the time I selected.
WES2006AG
AG
hypeiv said:

I got an email about setting up an appointment to pick up my best buy pre order, 7am launch day was the time I selected.
I saw the same but decided to not make an appointment because I can't decide if I want to take off work and get it the morning of the 10th or just grab it on my way home from work...decisions.
92Ag95
AG
Amazon.....still no shipping date. They are letting me down more and more every year.
permabull
AG
I fully expect to get the hard sell on an extended warranty and other accessories since they want me to come in and pick it up... So curb side might have been the better option.
jr15aggie
AG
I have an email saying it will be here Tuesday, but I have not gotten an email asking to set a pick up time.
WES2006AG
AG
jr15aggie said:

I have an email saying it will be here Tuesday, but I have not gotten an email asking to set a pick up time.
Weird. I got my email about an appointment on 10/29.
jr15aggie
AG
WES2006AG said:

jr15aggie said:

Weird. I got my email about an appointment on 10/29.
Ah, I found it. To be fair, Best Buy goes to my junk email account and darned if Best Buy doesn't send a lot of friggin emails. Easy to miss. I'll just go on launch day whenever and pick it up instead of making an appointment. Looks like I'm all set for next Tuesday either way.
Charlie Conway
I got a shipping number last night with an expected delivery date of 11/10, complete with note on the FedEx website that says not to deliver it until 11/10. Ordered from Microsoft directly.
aggiejohn
AG
holy cow!

my Wal-Mart preorder for the X Box Series X just showed up on my front door (completely unannounced without an email or a tracking number).

aggiejohn
AG
heck - even walmart.com still shows as "Preparing order - Tracking available soon" and actually still has the Cancel Order option available.
WES2006AG
AG
aggiejohn said:

holy cow!

my Wal-Mart preorder for the X Box Series X just showed up on my front door (completely unannounced without an email or a tracking number).

That is amazing. I couldn't be more jealous right now.
YNWA_AG
AG
sounds like the majority of walmart orders got delivered. congrats.
jr15aggie
AG
aggiejohn said:

holy cow!

Looks like you just volunteered to give all of us initial impressions all weekend long. Updates every 30-45 minutes will be fine. And upload your YouTube videos in 4K / 60 or GTFO!
AgsWin2011
AG
Just got a ring notification and checked the footage. Looks like I may have gotten mine too based on the size of the box (and the thud sound it made when the FedEx box hit the ground...).

However, my wife orders stuff online all the time so not sure if that's what it is.
AgsWin2011
AG
Holy crap just got home and got mine from Walmart too!

Not going to tell my son until after dinner. He's 8 and wants to do an unboxing video lol. If I tell him now he probably won't want to eat.
Tomdoss92
AG
Heismenberg said:

Holy crap just got home and got mine from Walmart too!

Not going to tell my son until after dinner. He's 8 and wants to do an unboxing video lol. If I tell him now he probably won't want to eat.
ack fate. i got my ps5 via walmart and series x on amazon. amazon says by 8PM on the 10th.
YNWA_AG
AG
All the lucky early series x owners have been a little quiet
AgsWin2011
AG
YNWA_AG said:

All the lucky early series x owners have been a little quiet

Haven't played a whole lot yet. My son took advantage and played fortnite for a few hours on it this morning. I played a few games and tried to do the thing to pause a game, start another, and pick up where you left off in the last game but it didn't work. Not sure how to do that yet. I probably won't play again tonight until after the Aggie game.
jr15aggie
AG
I'm disappointed in you walmart pre order guys!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.