Xbox Series X

44,341 Views | 636 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Pman17
92Ag95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I know a lot of people have gone digital and not using discs anymore but has anyone had any issues with the disc drive? I saw a little write-up somewhere where some people were having disc drive problems....grinding, clicking etc. Anyone have any problems?
AgsWin2011
AG
I haven't tried to put a disc in mine yet. I will give it a try tonight if I have time and report back.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Their is either a fraudulent story about XBSX's smoking, or there is a fraudulent story about people using vapes to make it look like their XBSX's are smoking. Just a heads up.
YNWA_AG
AG
It's vapes
Bryan98
AG
92Ag95 said:

I know a lot of people have gone digital and not using discs anymore but has anyone had any issues with the disc drive? I saw a little write-up somewhere where some people were having disc drive problems....grinding, clicking etc. Anyone have any problems?

I'm digital only. Allows you to share games with multiple Xboxes. I imagine we have some people who are now owners of two Xboxes, so listen up!

You can share Xbox Live, Gamepass, and all digital games you own across multiple Xboxes. You designate the Xbox OTHER people play on the most as your Home machine in settings. It will get all your content all the time.

Every other Xbox in the world gets your content when you're logged into it.

For example, my living room Xbox is my Home Xbox. The Xbox in my guest bedroom, where only I ever play, is not, because I'll log into it and have access to everything.

Both machines can play the same game simultaneously.
"Texas - It's still America down here!"
jr15aggie
AG
That dang series X is insanely quiet! You can barely hear the fan of you get within a foot or two. Sounds like my wife's defuser.

I could easily see them using vapes to fake smoke... that fan runs so gently that it would look convincing.
jr15aggie
AG
Apparently quick resume has been disabled for several games for the time being.

It defintely works, but ironically it's my series x games that have been disabled. The good news... the games load so fast that it isn't a huge deal.

BenFiasco14
AG
jr15aggie said:

That dang series X is insanely quiet! You can barely hear the fan of you get within a foot or two. Sounds like my wife's defuser.

I could easily see them using vapes to fake smoke... that fan runs so gently that it would look convincing.

Rule 1
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
WES2006AG
AG
I have only seen Quick Resume logos on Jedi Fallen Order, Doom Eternal, and I think Forza Horizon 4.
YNWA_AG
AG
Quick resume works for me on Valhalla
AgsWin2011
AG
So tried putting a disc in for the first time. At first it acted kinda weird and started clicking but then took the disc without a problem. After the update for the game is done I'll take it out and try again to see if it does the same thing.
permabull
AG
YNWA_AG said:

Quick resume works for me on Valhalla

Working for me on Witcher III. It's 50/50 on Forza 7 but that game loads so much faster than it did on my 'one' it's not a big deal when it doesn't work
skoal_man12
AG
Loving my XSX. And I only play destiny 2
AgsWin2011
AG
Heismenberg said:

So tried putting a disc in for the first time. At first it acted kinda weird and started clicking but then took the disc without a problem. After the update for the game is done I'll take it out and try again to see if it does the same thing.

So discs seem to be running fine. But when putting it in I kinda have to force it or push it harder than I'm accustomed to... not sure if that's normal or not with this console.
Pman17
AG
Finally got to set up my systems. Lots of updates and moving stuff around. Some games you have to try and open to trigger the next gen upgrades.

The Series S is tiny! Wow! The memory sucks, I immediately ran out of space for some next gen games. You can only have about 3 big games at a time because the memory is 300GB. I made the Hard Drive my default installation place to keep the SSD clear of previous gen games. Other than that, Series S is pretty cool. It will be my traveling system. Had to make it my Home Xbox to play offline.
WES2006AG
AG
I set up my Series X to work with Google Assistant and that is a game changer. Being able to say "he google play (insert game here) on my Xbox" has been awesome. With the load times so fast I will give a command from the kitchen and by the time I walk over to the TV I am ready to go.
AgsWin2011
AG
So LSO "lost" my Xbox Series X purchase from Best Buy. I knew when I saw it was shipping LSO I was screwed. It says it was picked up in Dallas on Monday. LSO's chat support said it doesn't have tracking since it's already been picked up.

Guess I'll be filing a claim with Best Buy now....
jr15aggie
AG
Hard to imagine how big of a 'swing and a miss' it was for Halo to not be at launch. Cardboard Displays & kiosks all over target with master chief... the entire back of the Series X box is Master Chief with the words "Power Your Dreams". Well, dream is about the only thing we can do since we can't play the dang game!!!

I can't imagine the fallout. Forget about the main project lead being "relocated"... imagine being the head guys over the different design teams. Imagine being the main guy over the art direction of the game... Oooof!

I know who's loving it... Ubisoft. Guarantee the lack of Halo on Gamepass at launch made them millions on sales of Watch Dogs and AC that many would not have made otherwise.
Chase McGuire
Also Cyberpunk getting delayed.
TexAgBolter
AG
My Series X from BB didn't ship until yesterday with LSO. Shows out for delivery today.
WES2006AG
AG
What is LSO?
AgsWin2011
AG
WES2006AG said:

What is LSO?
Lone Star Overnight. We use them at work. They're terrible.
Pman17
AG
Upgraded my Comcast today. Turns out I'll pay less for more speeds. Always renegotiate with your IP. I had to up my 5 mbps upload to 10 mbps since my Xbox recommended it for Game Streaming.
Bryan98
AG
Pman17 said:

Upgraded my Comcast today. Turns out I'll pay less for more speeds. Always renegotiate with your IP. I had to up my 5 mbps upload to 10 mbps since my Xbox recommended it for Game Streaming.

Same thing happened with me months ago with AT&T Fiber. I couldn't believe it. I think I might have done it because someone mentioned it in this forum.
"Texas - It's still America down here!"
WES2006AG
AG
Bryan98 said:

Pman17 said:

Same thing happened with me months ago with AT&T Fiber. I couldn't believe it. I think I might have done it because someone mentioned it in this forum.
Same here, I called Uverse and talked to the cancellations department and was surprised to find that they were willing to give me 1000mbps and lower my bill by like $40/month from when I had 100mbps. That was a no brainer.
Pman17
AG
Bryan98 said:

Pman17 said:

I wish I had Fiber in my apartment. The AT&T Fiber line runs underground next to it, they just don't have it wired up. I would save more money and get more speeds if I had it. Stupid Comcast
TexAgBolter
AG
LSO just delivered!
AgsWin2011
AG
TexAgBolter said:

LSO just delivered!
Did your status ever say "Delayed"?
TexAgBolter
AG
No, but BB didn't show it as shipped until near midnight launch day, never had tracking for LSO until last night.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Heismenberg said:

WES2006AG said:

What is LSO?
Lone Star Overnight. We use them at work. They're terrible.

All freight companies are pretty much terrible. But it's not completely their fault. People don't look at anything but cost when it comes to shipping, so the end result is low quality handling and customer service.
Pman17
AG
I'm experiencing issues tonight with my Series X. It's been randomly shutting off while playing Black Ops Cold War. Apparently this is a known issue. Not good
jr15aggie
AG
Lol... oh yeah! Playing campaign, pulled the trigger fire the first time and my controller rumble got stuck and my console was crash city!

Like like it's a Watch Dogs kinda night.
Pman17
AG
Pman17 said:

I'm experiencing issues tonight with my Series X. It's been randomly shutting off while playing Black Ops Cold War. Apparently this is a known issue. Not good

Found a possible solution, I had the Xbox One version installed. Had to go and install the Series X|S version.
83 GB vs 134 GB
Agmaniacmike12
134 GB for one game with the lack of internal storage is ****ing laughable.
WES2006AG
AG
Pman17 said:

Pman17 said:

Found a possible solution, I had the Xbox One version installed. Had to go and install the Series X|S version.
83 GB vs 134 GB
Not sure about the shut downs but I noticed it downloaded the Xbox One version when I preloaded the other day and had to delete that and install the X/S version. Took me a while to figure out why I had 2 versions of the same game.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.