Xbox Series X

44,375 Views | 636 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Pman17
jr15aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Fyi if you are picking up from best buy they will offer you $15 off one of the new controllers and/or gamepass.

I was a sucker and got an extra controller!
TexAgBolter
AG
It's annoying that Best Buy is doing store pickups, but couldn't ship preorders to arrive on release day.
YNWA_AG
AG
My series x just arrived
Pilmer
AG
YNWA_AG said:

My series x just arrived

Same.
Pilmer
AG
Still waiting on my SSDs order. They left 8 minutes apart via fedex. Interesting logistics to follow.
Pman17
AG
wessimo said:

Pman17 said:

Both of my systems are delayed a day. Still stuck in Memphis. Ordered from Microsoft.

Mine is also in Memphis but still says it will be delivered tomorrow by 8pm. Hope so, but kinda doubt it.

Whoa, mine just delivered! (Houston area)
Spinnaker96
AG
Still waiting on mine to arrive from Target. The FedEx delivery was updated from Thursday....to FRIDAY.
WES2006AG
AG
Just got mine home and set up. Currently downloading Warzone.
wessimo
AG
I wish fedex trucks had live tracking like some ups trucks do.
AggieKatie2
AG
Can't find any "day ofs" anywhere. Target had a sign up about limited quantities and there launch day process...I was there at 8...they haven't had any....period.
aggiematt05
So, I tried to grab a day of at Walmart. When I looked at their website, it showed 6 available at the Bryan store this morning. When I showed up to collect, I was told that the only way to obtain one of the consoles was to order through the website and that the ability to do so would go live at 11 am. When I tried at 11 I was able to get one in my cart, however before I could check out, the stock was already depleted and I was out of luck. Seems that in order to be COVID safe ordering online and picking up at the store is becoming the new model. With the amount of BOTs though, I am not sure how a normal human competes. Good luck!
Agmaniacmike12
Any excitement I may have had has been killed by the inability to get one.I left an autoclick macro on my laptop in the Microsoft checkout screen before leaving for work and still couldn't get one.
Tomdoss92
AG
Out for delivery (I'm the next stop!)
BenFiasco14
AG
Couldn't get a preorder in. No luck today.

Hoping I can snag one before Cyberpunk 2077 drops. That's my main concern
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
goodAg80
AG
aggiematt05 said:

So, I tried to grab a day of at Walmart. When I looked at their website, it showed 6 available at the Bryan store this morning. When I showed up to collect, I was told that the only way to obtain one of the consoles was to order through the website and that the ability to do so would go live at 11 am. When I tried at 11 I was able to get one in my cart, however before I could check out, the stock was already depleted and I was out of luck. Seems that in order to be COVID safe ordering online and picking up at the store is becoming the new model. With the amount of BOTs though, I am not sure how a normal human competes. Good luck!
They are selling for over $1500. The incentive to scalp using bots is too high for most of us to overcome.
Bryan98
AG
Got all three of mine today: Amazon, Best Buy, and Microsoft. Selling the two extra at cost to friends who couldn't get one.

Mine is all set up and I'm downloading some games from EA Play, which was added to Gamepass today.

I'll probably be playing Apex Legends as usual tonight.
"Texas - It's still America down here!"
AgsWin2011
AG
Haven't got my Best Buy order yet. They're shipping it via LSO. I may never get it lol
AgsWin2011
AG
Is there a secret to setting up the quick resume feature that lets you jump back into a game where you left off?

I tried playing Forza Horizon 4, stopping and started Gears 5. When I hit the Xbox button and click on Forza the game starts over completely.
hph6203
AG
It was supposedly disabled pre-release and there was a day 1 patch to add it back in. Since you got yours early, if you haven't downloaded the update that might be why it's not working. I don't have a system, just saw that on a video today.
AgsWin2011
AG
Figured that might be the case. I have automatic updates on and it looks like it updated around 4am this morning. Still no luck.
jr15aggie
AG
I've had a lot of random glitches... quick resume not working great for me either. Currently can't turn off my controller by holding the xbox button... weird wireless headset going in and out.

I'm currently downloading and moving lots of stuff so I'll give it a hard reset and hope that fixes some of it.

I want to love the console, but I'm spending so much time setting up that I haven't had much time yet. I had games like Gears 5 downloaded on my external drive and ready to go... transferred to my internal drive... after all that I still had to download 75+ GB update anyway for the SX version.
tamusc
AG
Welcome to launch day for a new console AND new games. Day one patches all around!
WES2006AG
AG
I ran into some glitches last night as well. My main complaint is that when the game switches to HDR10 the colors look all washed out and the picture quality is horrible. Colors look great with the HDR10 option off in Xbox settings. I have a feeling this is more of a TV issue than a Series X issue though.
jeffk
AG
How's the new controller feel?
WES2006AG
AG
jeffk said:

I like it a lot. I am used to using an Elite series 2 and will still use that for FPS games but I love how light and clicky the new controller feels.

With that said if you have ever used an Xbox controller before your experience will be almost indistinguishable from before.
Charlie Conway
WES2006AG said:

jeffk said:

I like it a lot. I am used to using an Elite series 2 and will still use that for FPS games but I love how light and clicky the new controller feels.

With that said if you have ever used an Xbox controller before your experience will be almost indistinguishable from before.
I also really like the texture on the back, it's rough enough to get a good grip but isn't uncomfortable at all
Pilmer
AG
jeffk said:

Buttons are great, new D-Pad is fantastic, the back is cheap compared to Elite. I'd prefer a smooth back to the new "grip" plastic back.
jr15aggie
AG
Fyi a lot of my glitches went away after a hard reboot. I think my quick resume wasn't working because I was actively installing and moving several things for hours. Will test more today.

My headset connectivity was better too... l moved the Dolby Atmos app to the internal drive as well, that might have helped too.
jr15aggie
AG
jeffk said:

IMO it's noticeably smaller. It's subtle and felt pretty normal once I started playing, but it's a bit different. The triggers are also smaller. I didn't like this at first but didn't notice it once I started playing. They feel improved honestly, higher quality and better stiffness, but my fingers just don't quite hit them the same.

I couldn't really tell if the latency was significantlu better as advertised. I didn't test any games at 120 hz though, that's where it will really come into play.

Overall I never felt like I was fighting the controls which I sometimes did on the previous version, so perhaps there are some big improvements here.
WES2006AG
AG
jr15aggie said:

Fyi a lot of my glitches went away after a hard reboot. I think my quick resume wasn't working because I was actively installing and moving several things for hours. Will test more today.

My headset connectivity was better too... l moved the Dolby Atmos app to the internal drive as well, that might have helped too.
This is what I was thinking as well. Had several glitches last night but I was downloading games the entire time. Woke up this morning to everything downloaded, think I have 8 games and 200GB free space right now.

Hopefully everything will run a little smoother tonight since it will be done with all of those downloads.
jr15aggie
AG
Quick update on games after playing 30 min spurts:

Forza Horizon 4: Incredible... could have passed for a launch title at 4K / 60. Looks and plays better than ever. Really nice!

Gears 5: Ditto

The Touryst: Looks great and very smooth. Check it out on gamepass... a happy little game.

Watch Dogs: Ray Tracing is dope. Defintely feels like a cross gen game, but at times it looks incredible.

Batman Arkham Knight: Definitely benefits from auto HDR... neon lights around the city look great. But man, the original 900p resolution is really dragging it down. This game would be stunning with updates. Hard to appreciate it after playing all the 4K games above.
Pilmer
AG
Load times on Yakuza like a Dragon are so fast that you cant read the messages on them, LOL
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Pilmer said:

Load times on Yakuza like a Dragon are so fast that you cant read the messages on them, LOL

So I've heard this is the big advantage of the new systems, but I was wondering, if they have 8k capability, and there was a game ramped up to that, will it be like normal load times with the Xbox One? Like if I was playing RDR2 on the XB1 at the highest resolution it can handle, and the XBSX at the highest resolution side by side, how would the load times compare?
permabull
AG
Champ Bailey said:

Pilmer said:

So I've heard this is the big advantage of the new systems, but I was wondering, if they have 8k capability, and there was a game ramped up to that, will it be like normal load times with the Xbox One? Like if I was playing RDR2 on the XB1 at the highest resolution it can handle, and the XBSX at the highest resolution side by side, how would the load times compare?

The short answer is no, load times won't increase by much as more of the system's potential is unlocked. Not only is the hard drive on the Series X|S more than 5 times faster than the one, it can load data directly into memory without having to go through the CPU which not all games are taking advantage of yet.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Badass

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.