Xbox Series X

44,352 Views | 636 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Pman17
AggieKatie2
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
For those of you in BCS....Walmart website says Bryan locations have xbox in stock....this is false.

Said they aren't anticipating selling from store until 18th
Pman17
AG
Agmaniacmike12 said:

134 GB for one game with the lack of internal storage is ****ing laughable.

Yea, pretty much takes half the space on my Series S. The Smart Delivery doesn't seem intuitive. Hopefully I can knock out the Campaign and delete that.
WES2006AG
AG
I am starting to think I might need one of those 1TB Seagate expansion drives sooner than I was anticipating.
jr15aggie
AG
Including COD I have around 12 games installed with 100 GB left. I think I'll be fine with that, at least until prices drop on the expansion.

For those still waiting to get their new console... if you can't tell from previous posts... don't waste your time preloading Series S/X enhanced games on an external drive thinking it will be faster to transfer them day 1. Just wait to get the console, it's gonna to require a full download of the enhanced version anyway.
WES2006AG
AG
You are probably right. Right now I have a bunch of games installed that I was just testing out with the new console. In a few weeks I will be back to playing only a handful of games at a time.
The Count of Monte Carlo
Walmart decided to ship the order I canceled. If you're in the Northwest Harris county area I have an extra Series X. I'll wait a couple days before returning it.

It's been claimed.
WES2006AG
AG
just emailed you
jr15aggie
AG
I have a buddy that might want it. I gave him your email. His name is Craig. Really good dude. He's Austin area but would consider the drive... his whole family plays so might be worth it for him.
The Count of Monte Carlo
Replied.
The Count of Monte Carlo
Sorry, it's been claimed.
jr15aggie
AG
No worries, glad somebody got it.
jr15aggie
AG
Anybody having controller connectivity issues? I keep having to hard reset the console frequently otherwise it won't connect.
AgsWin2011
AG
I haven't had that issue. The issue I was having with putting a disc in is actually non existent now. I'm thinking I wasn't putting it in properly as it was kind of hard for me to see the disc tray in my entertainment cabinet without light. I actually moved the Xbox to be on the side of the mantle so it has better airflow and I don't have to open a cabinet door every time I want to play.

What's your latest console update? And also, did you already update your controller? I was prompted to update my controller when I first started up the system out of the box.

My latest console update/OS Version is 10.0.19041.5082. I got mine the Friday before release and figured it would update on release day but says there aren't any updates.
Pilmer
AG
jr15aggie said:

Anybody having controller connectivity issues? I keep having to hard reset the console frequently otherwise it won't connect.

I took a controller out of the room, and it disconnected from the game, but all I had to do was take batteries out of control and then resync with button on front of Xbox and button on control.
WES2006AG
AG
I had a good first weekend with the Series X. Got to try out a lot of stuff on GamePass and am really enjoying Jedi: Fallen Order so far. Fallen Order is one of the games that Quick resume is working for right now and it is a really cool feature.

Also played some Warzone in 4k60 and it looks fantastic coming from my day 1 Xbox One at 1080P.
jr15aggie
AG
Been enjoying it outside of my frustrating glitches. It all appears to be software related because hard reboots seem to fix. But wasn't expecting any issues given how similar the system is to the XB1.

But the games are great. Elite Dangerous has always been a game I jump in and out of... game is so buttery smooth now thanks to the S/X. The best games are definitely the ones that had 4K visual modes with unlocked frame rates. The new consoles spit those out at 4K / 60 fps and it's awesome!

jr15aggie
AG
As a general statement (I might have posted this thought before, I repeat myself sometimes) this feels like what the XB1 & PS4 should have been. The developers and dev tools were in place years ago to start making these great games but the consoles just couldn't handle it. They always had to dial them back... sub 1080p resolutions, refresh rates that couldn't even lock to 30, etc.

Feels like the hardware has finally caught up to the games and we can now enjoy them properly. And this coming from a guy who's been playing on the One X for a couple years... compared to the original XB1 & PS4 these new systems are a huge leap.
hph6203
AG
WES2006AG said:

I had a good first weekend with the Series X. Got to try out a lot of stuff on GamePass and am really enjoying Jedi: Fallen Order so far. Fallen Order is one of the games that Quick resume is working for right now and it is a really cool feature.

Also played some Warzone in 4k60 and it looks fantastic coming from my day 1 Xbox One at 1080P.
That game runs horribly on the Xbox One S. Still playing it though.
HossAg
AG
Can it run warzone at 120 fps at a different resolution?
WES2006AG
AG
My TV is actually supposed to support 4K120 but it is not functioning with VRR at the moment. It's the Vizio OLED and they are aware and working on a firmware fix. As far as I understand 1080p at 120 works fine but I've been gaming at 1080p for years so now I am prioritizing visuals over frame rate.

Also, I have been capped at 30FPS since 2013 on the Xbox One so making the jump to 60 is already a lot smoother than what I was used to.
BQRyno
AG
This is probably a dumb question that has been answered already in this thread, but do folks have an expectation of when stores will actually get the Series X back in stock?
YNWA_AG
AG
Walmart is holding their stock for Black Friday
jr15aggie
AG
Ran across this video... I didn't watch but I'm guessing it has good info for you.

BQRyno
AG
Thanks! In summary, check Walmart on Black Friday lol
AggieKatie2
AG
Copied wrong pist
jr15aggie
AG
Finally got around to trying out some games at 120 hz. Pretty cool. I could defintely tell a difference but it wasn't as noticeable as going from 30 to 60.

I have to disable 4k to run 120 on my TV though (takes resolution down to 1440p). And most games native resolution, ray tracing, etc all drop out with 120 anyway.

Don't think I'll use it much. A hassle to change xbox and tv settings. Very cool to have the option though and would be much simpler if my TV were hdmi 2.1 capable. But in the end it demonstrated that 60 fps and 4K is the sweet spot for me.
jr15aggie
AG
FYI I found a MS message board with loads of people having the same controller connectivity issues. It appears to be related to people that have fully wireless headsets that connect directly to the Xbox using their wireless protocols (which I have).

It's friggin annoying that every other time I boot up my xbox I have to hard reset because none of my controllers will connect. Even happened the other day in the middle of a rocket league match... had to swap batteries real fast in between goals and then I couldn't reconnect.

Good news is I'm 99% sure it's software related, otherwise the hard reboots wouldn't fix the issue. No idea how long it will take MS to fix though.
BenFiasco14
AG
If anyone has an extra one or comes across one ... please let me know I'll drive to you in texas and pay... lol.

This is depressing.

First world problems I know
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
dcaggie04
AG
jr15aggie said:

FYI I found a MS message board with loads of people having the same controller connectivity issues. It appears to be related to people that have fully wireless headsets that connect directly to the Xbox using their wireless protocols (which I have).

It's friggin annoying that every other time I boot up my xbox I have to hard reset because none of my controllers will connect. Even happened the other day in the middle of a rocket league match... had to swap batteries real fast in between goals and then I couldn't reconnect.

Good news is I'm 99% sure it's software related, otherwise the hard reboots wouldn't fix the issue. No idea how long it will take MS to fix though.

Would not be surprised to see a controller software update come through. Also, if you still have an XB1 controller, have you tried that one and is it having the same issue? The controllers are supposed to be cross-compatible between XB1 and XSX.
Bryan98
AG
XB1 controllers definitely work with Series X. I moved all my controllers over with no problem. Microsoft should get more credit for saving familiws of four $180 (60x3).
"Texas - It's still America down here!"
jr15aggie
AG
I have not tried connecting old controllers... my kids have all those now along with my One X in the other room. But it wouldn't matter. Nothing connects when it hangs up. My controllers nor my wireless headset. The guys in the forum I read had no luck with Elite 2 controllers, etc. either.

I think it has something to do with the software not releasing the connected devices during power cycles. Kinda like how quick resume holds onto game data... I think something is holding connected device data in a similar way and it's causing the glitch. Again, based on that forum feedback, it has something to do with the wireless headsets that connect directly to the Xbox. If you are only using controllers you probably won't see it.
The Fife
Controller connectivity issues are something I'm sure they'll work through. What I really want to know is if they dumped whatever crap joystick components they used on the Xbox One series. Those and the ones on the Switch drive me nuts with all the drift.
jr15aggie
AG
The Fife said:

Controller connectivity issues are something I'm sure they'll work through. What I really want to know is if they dumped whatever crap joystick components they used on the Xbox One series. Those and the ones on the Switch drive me nuts with all the drift.

Agreed. Between me and my kids we went through more controllers than I'd like to admit... controller drift was a big problem, sometimes right out of the box.

So far I haven't noticed it with my 2 series X controllers, but I haven't been looking for it either. If I get a chance I'll try PUBG with both of my new controllers. Any controller drift would always show up in that game when you are using the map... the pointer would drift slowly (and sometimes not so slowly) across the map even without touching it.
The Fife
I keep repairing the one I have so if you've got any drifty controllers hanging around I'd gladly re-home them. Sucks when it starts doing drifting because there's no backup to use.

I use Edge in the Xbox to see how things came out, or plug it into a Win 7 laptop which has a utility with a little crosshair showing the position the left stick is pointing. Much less frustrating than getting in RDR and watching the guy slowly wander away.
jr15aggie
AG
Yeah I've repaired a few myself... I've had no problem returning several of them either. I would love to blame MS, but feels like all I do is fix cheap crap all over my house. The frustrating part is I don't buy cheap crap, but yet I'm always having to fix expensive stuff.

It's rare that I buy something and everything just works correctly. Like with my Series X connectivity issues... there's always something I'm having to fix, tinker with, find a work around, etc. I'm very much on my way to becoming a grumpy old man!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.