Xbox Series X

44,337 Views | 636 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Pman17
herb96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Can It get 60 frames/sec on pubg?
AggiEE
jr15aggie said:

Went back and re-watched the Halo demo... was less impressive the 2nd time through. As it was said, what's up with the graphics?? It's like everything has a melted plastic look. I looked at some still frames and a lot of it honestly looks like Halo 3 texture details running at 4K. Despite what I perceive as very simple graphics, there was still noticeable pop-in with clouds and vegetation.

Generally speaking MS showed absolutely nothing, outside of Forza, that passed the eye test. Appears that they were much more concerned with showing a variety of art styles. With Halo their only job was to make the most bad ass looking Halo we've ever seen. Instead they decided on this new art direction for the game that basically looks like old Halo in 4K... but don't worry, now we have birds and rats n stuff to look at too. Can't wait for the "the world of Halo is now alive" video. It was a pretty bad showing.

Yeah I agree. It's sad too because the 2018 trailer looked fantastic.

This was a pretty massive downgrade. It seriously looks like an Xbox 360 game and just seems totally outdated and corny.
YNWA_AG
AG
The environment is not Xbox 360 quality. It's just plasticity like old halo. Textures of character are Xbox 360 quality.
Agmaniacmike12
herb96 said:

Can It get 60 frames/sec on pubg?
Why, so you can get killed with a smoother framerate?
jr15aggie
AG
YNWA_AG said:

The environment is not Xbox 360 quality. It's just plasticity like old halo. Textures of character are Xbox 360 quality.

First of all, shout-out to my homeboy Mike for the stone cold headshot above... damn dude! :-)

To the Halo comment, agreed. I was laughing at how the demo specifically focused and looked at all the rodents and birds flying around the environment. Nice touch and definitely adds to the world... but not exactly blowing our minds with next gen features. But the wold looks fine assuming they can fix all the pop-ins.

But the character models was 100% design / artistic choice. Nothing to do with tech... and I have no idea why they went this direction. Just make it the absolute best looking MC and Covenant we've ever seen and nobody would have said a word. No idea what they were thinking.

Given how it will be a gamepass game I have no doubt I'll fire it up and I'll probably have a good time with it. But it's not gonna move a bunch of Series X consoles. Shame really.

PS: It's a very probable scenario that when I actually fire up this game on the Series X in 4K it's going to look so friggin clean, smooth and sexy that I will do a complete 180 on my thoughts. We'll see.
YNWA_AG
AG
Apparently the graphics of gears 5 improved a lot at the tail end of the development cycle. Hoping for that.
wangus12
AG
I guess 343 got so tired of catching hell for changing Chief's look over Halo 4/5 from the fanboys, that they decided to literally go back to what he looked like in H:CE
jr15aggie
AG
This was a good listen if you like the technical stuff from DF. Explains a lot and makes sense. It's a good unbiased video that contrasts technical design details vs artistic design choices. His opinion on some of this stuff (and mine as well) is that because of those choices, there are some things that pass they eye test better in, for example, Halo Reach than what they do in this demo.

YNWA_AG
AG

Halo delayed

Also series x confirmed for November launch
jr15aggie
AG
Not surprising, what they showed last month was still pretty rough. Hard to blame any developer right now considering how many companies are forced to work from home.

Gonna be an interesting Series X launch. Pretty much everything coming out is a current gen game with Series X upgrades. Their biggest selling point is full compatibility with my ever growing library of games (some like Gears 5 getting impressive upgrades though). I'm still likely to get one, but it's gonna be a hard sell for people without disposable income.

I believe the PS5 is in a similar boat... they've shown more PS5 exclusive games so far, but I don't think many if any are ready for launch either. Plus, they have not been as forthcoming about backwards compatibility details. Both companies have their work cut out for them.
Pman17
AG
I still plan on getting the Series X. Cyberpunk is THE title for next gen launch. Seems like Halo was definitely rushed for launch. I heard hey had to scrap everything midway and restart two years ago. I'm glad they delayed. Would've been another Anthem.
jr15aggie
AG
Pman17 said:

I still plan on getting the Series X. Cyberpunk is THE title for next gen launch. Seems like Halo was definitely rushed for launch. I heard hey had to scrap everything midway and restart two years ago. I'm glad they delayed. Would've been another Anthem.
Just in case you didn't know, it's my understanding that the Series X and PS5 optimization patch for Cyberpunk will not happen until next year sometime.

If I get the Series X I'm not sure what game I would get first to show it off. Assasins Creed perhaps, if only because it will be Series X ready right away and it's been a while since I played an AC game. But I don't have high hopes that it will be a huge upgrade patch, but I'm sure it will be a very nice looking game though. I'll probably hold off on Cyberpunk until the next gen patch is live (and by that times bug fixes as well).
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
jr15aggie
AG
Perhaps. I don't follow video game news like I use to. Halo certainly hasn't been the same since Bungie left and, in general, MS continues to have a first party developer issue. It's not all bad, but they've thrown a ton of money at the problem and most of their devs have let them down.

I'm just gonna focus on the bright side and hopefully the new systems will bring some really great things. God knows we've all had enough bad news and disappointments in the past 6 months.
jr15aggie
AG
LOL & Ouch at the same time. Good one!

Pman17
AG
jr15aggie said:

Pman17 said:

Just in case you didn't know, it's my understanding that the Series X and PS5 optimization patch for Cyberpunk will not happen until next year sometime.

If I get the Series X I'm not sure what game I would get first to show it off. Assasins Creed perhaps, if only because it will be Series X ready right away and it's been a while since I played an AC game. But I don't have high hopes that it will be a huge upgrade patch, but I'm sure it will be a very nice looking game though. I'll probably hold off on Cyberpunk until the next gen patch is live (and by that times bug fixes as well).
Yea, found out after posting this. Shoot, I may not upgrade. My PC needs a new motherboard, processor, and ram. My CPU is struggling with flight sim and won't run Squadrons.
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
Pman17 said:

jr15aggie said:

Pman17 said:

Yea, found out after posting this. Shoot, I may not upgrade. My PC needs a new motherboard, processor, and ram. My CPU is struggling with flight sim and won't run Squadrons.
Haven't you heard? Flight Simulator is the new Crysis!!!!
Pman17
AG
The cat is out of the bag.
$299 ERP for the Series S
WES2006AG
AG
Cool. Now Microsoft needs to tell us how much the Series X will cost and open up pre-orders.
jeffk
AG
They need a middle of the road model called the Series E.
easttexasaggie04
AG
I love XBOX, but their naming choices for new consoles is getting confusing as hell. Some parents will be really confused in Best Buy coming Christmas shopping time.
MGS
Reminds me of the adaptive controller

saltydog13
AG
There needs to be a minimum of 1TB of storage for consoles with the increasing size of games these days
Pman17
AG
The X is estimated to be $499
Saxsoon
AG
Pman17 said:

Not estimated any more I bet since they confirmed the XBox Series S from the leak that said 500

https://www.ign.com/articles/xbox-series-x-xbox-series-s-release-date-and-price-reportedly-revealed
WES2006AG
AG
Pman17 said:

I would imagine it would end up at $499. I can't see them going $599 with the Series S at $299.
wangus12
AG
saltydog13 said:

There needs to be a minimum of 1TB of storage for consoles with the increasing size of COD updates these days
FIFY
Pman17
AG
Pman17
AG
wangus12 said:

saltydog13 said:

There needs to be a minimum of 1TB of storage for consoles with the increasing size of COD updates these days
FIFY
Thinking on generation storage jumps, I think next gen CoD's would be 200GB. So this holds two CoDs, haha.
easttexasaggie04
AG
So, besides the disc drive, what's the benefit of the Series One X over the Series One S?
jeffk
AG
Graphic capabilities mainly.

https://www.windowscentral.com/xbox-series-x-vs-xbox-series-s#:~:text=The%20main%20difference%20comes%20down,comes%20in%20at%201.4TF.
easttexasaggie04
AG
I already have an Xbox One X. It's gonna be a hard sell for me to upgrade because the games already look pretty dang good on my system. Will it be a huge improvement over what I already have?
Pman17
AG
easttexasaggie04 said:

I already have an Xbox One X. It's gonna be a hard sell for me to upgrade because the games already look pretty dang good on my system. Will it be a huge improvement over what I already have?
The big thing is ray tracing. The lighting in games behave more like light in the real world. This makes a huge difference.

The other sell is game states. You can pause Red Dead 2, then fire up Modern Warfare and play a couple of games, and then go back to Red Dead 2 on pause without relaunching the game.
MGS
Pman17
AG
It's official!
Xbox Series X: $499
Xbox Series S: $299
Pre-Order September 22nd
Release November 10th

I had good experience pre-ordering the One X on the Microsoft Store. UPS hand delivered Day One.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.