Xbox Series X

44,370 Views | 636 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Pman17
Chase McGuire
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Wow. I'm a PS guy, but this is an eye-catching move. May have to get me a new Xbox after all. IMO, Xbox needed something like this desperately. And they did it.
Jim01
AG
Very nice timing of this announcement the day before pre-orders. Strong move my Microsoft.

jeffk
AG
Corporate war never changes.
AgDev01
AG
Good for MS but im not sure it changes all that much as far as exclusives goes. if Sony bought them, yes but Im betting that MS will be just as happy to take a cut of sales from the PS5 as they are with the Xbox and PC. It will be interesting to see if MS creates a version of GamePass for playstation.
hph6203
AG
Don't think they will, as Sony intends on having a similar service eventually. Though I doubt Sony goes day and date to the service on their first party exclusives and will probably operate it closer to EA Play. They've already dipped their toe in the water.

ETA: Personally more interested in the Nintendo Switch Pro than either of these consoles. Rumors are they're going to use AI to bridge some of the gap between Xbox Series S and the Switch since Nvidia does a better job of that than AMD. Get Game Pass and XCloud on Switch and you've got a pretty capable machine.
Pman17
AG
Microsoft bought ZeniMax for 7.5 Billion

If you can't make good exclusives, buy them.
Microsoft now owns Elder Scrolls, Fallout, and Doom
wangus12
AG
Pman17 said:

Microsoft bought ZeniMax for 7.5 Billion

If you can't make good exclusives, but them.
Microsoft now owns Elder Scrolls, Fallout, and Doom
I mean, that is how it works. Sony bought Naughty Dog back in the day. Bought Insomniac for Spider-Man.

I thought it was funny how on the gaming reddit, it took like 4 comments for people to start blaming the GOP lead Congress for not enforcing anti-trust laws and that Microsoft would eventually just buy Sony.
Aggietaco
AG
wangus12 said:

I thought it was funny how on the gaming reddit, it took like 4 comments for people to start blaming the GOP lead Congress for not enforcing anti-trust laws and that Microsoft would eventually just buy Sony.

Reddit is toxic and should be investigated by DHS for domestic terrorism.

See what I did there?
crowman2010
AG
Is it so damn hard for Microsoft to get MLB back on Xbox...PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD
k20dub
AG
crowman2010 said:

Is it so damn hard for Microsoft to get MLB back on Xbox...PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD
I've got good news for ya.
crowman2010
AG
TexasAggie_02 said:

evan_aggie said:

I'm sorry, but I have to say again how idiotic the naming convention became...

So previously they did an Xbox One, and this forked into XBox One S and Xbox One X.

Now the new gen is Xbox Series S and Xbox Series X.

So "Series" is now the thing the denotes the new gen vs previous gen? No one at MS could think of something better? I mean, *****.. xBox Two S and XBox Two X would have been better.

What are they going to do with the next gen name? series 2 s, series 2 x?
should have been:

Xbox One (current gen)
Xbox Infinity (Series s)
Xbox Infinity + One (Series X)
Actual:
Xbox
Xbox 360
Xbox One
Xbox One S
Xbox One X
Xbox Series S
Xbox Series X

Should have been:
Xbox
Xbox 2
Xbox 3
Xbox 3S
Xbox 3X
Xbox 4
Xbox 4S
crowman2010
AG
k20dub said:

crowman2010 said:

evan_aggie
AG
boom! exactly.
rbcs_2
AG
Yeah just shows you how little people actually care about the name. Sony is about to release something called the PlayStation 5...gotdang sounds like a baby's toy.
crowman2010
AG
Could you imagine if Apple did this with their iPhones?

Actual:
iPhone
iPhone 3G
iPhone 3GS
iPhone 4
iPhone 4S
iPhone 5
iPhone 5c
iPhone 5s
iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
iPhone 6s and 6s Plus
iPhone 7
iPhone 8 and 8 Plus
iPhone X
iPhone XR
iPhone XS and XS Max
iPhone 11
iPhone 11 Pro and Pro Max

Using Microsoft Logic:
iPhone
iPhone 360
iPhone 360 S
iPhone One
iPhone One S
iPhone Series S
iPhone Series E
iPhone Series X
iPhone Uber and Uber+
iPhone Uber X and Uber X+
iPhone Cray Cray and Cray Cray+
iPhone MOAP and MOAP+
iPhone
iPhone X Series A, B, C, D, E, F, G...
hph6203
AG
Now do iPads.
crowman2010
AG
hph6203 said:

Now do iPads.
oh lawd lol
MGS
crowman2010 said:

k20dub said:

crowman2010 said:

Microsoft didn't just buy MLB, did they?
AgsWin2011
AG
Anyone else planning on pre-ordering tomorrow? Looks like the flood gates open at 10am central time. Hoping I'll be able to get one. I've never pre-ordered before so looking forward to getting the new console day one. Not going to lose any sleep over it if I don't get one though. Any tips or tricks would be appreciated.

Plan on having multiple browsers open and I guess just start refreshing at 9:59am. Although I'm sure the bots are already setup to buy them all as soon as they hit.
Agmaniacmike12
Is there an anticipation that these will be limited? I work tomorrow and definitely will be out of pocket during the time that the preorders start.
Claude!
Amazon sent me a note about pre-orders tomorrow, saying that stock is limited and they expect demand to be high. I would expect, though, that we'll see a few waves of pre-orders come out before release.
Pilmer
AG
No, actual MLB got smart enough to say that they wouldn't allow Sony'S MLB The Show to have the license without making the game for all systems. Huge loss of revenue and brand recognition by limiting themselves to Sony
YNWA_AG
AG
Hoping for best buy in store pick up. Got a ps5 through Amazon- so I would like to make sure I get one console on release day in case Amazon is late
AgsWin2011
AG
YNWA_AG said:

Hoping for best boy in store pick up. Got a ps5 through Amazon- so I would to make sure I get one on release day in case Amazon is late

I'd like to get a PS5 as well but since the preorders started early, by the time I found out they were sold out.
Pman17
AG
I'm ordering through the Microsoft Store. Everyone will be going to Amazon.

I think pre-orders will sell out but not as fast as the PS5. Microsoft has been making these since May.
Aggietaco
AG
No incentive to purchase anywhere vs. others?
AgsWin2011
AG
Pman17 said:

I think pre-orders will sell out but not as fast as the PS5. Microsoft has been making these since May.
Have you pre-ordered with Microsoft before on previous consoles? If so, did you get it delivered on the release date?
Jim01
AG
Judging from Twitter, the preorders in Europe are going decently smoothly and it's not selling out as fast as the PS5. Seems like it's a little easier to get a hold of.
Pman17
AG
Heismenberg said:

Pman17 said:

Have you pre-ordered with Microsoft before on previous consoles? If so, did you get it delivered on the release date?
I pre-ordered the One X and got it hand delivered by UPS on day 1. I think I ordered it like within an hour after pre-orders went up. Honestly I don't remember, I just saw a post saying pre-orders are up and Amazon was sold out so I went to the source.

Xbox Series X Store Page
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/xbox-series-x/8wj714n3rbtl

Xbox Series S Store Page
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/xbox-series-s/942j774tp9jn
tamusc
AG
Pman17 said:

Heismenberg said:

Pman17 said:

I pre-ordered the One X and got it hand delivered by UPS on day 1. I think I ordered it like within an hour after pre-orders went up. Honestly I don't remember, I just saw a post saying pre-orders are up and Amazon was sold out so I went to the source.

Same, ordered my launch Xbox One from the MS store and received it on launch day with zero issues.
jr15aggie
AG
I almost forgot about the pre-order... happened to be randomly scrolling texags at 9:55 and saw the info here. Well, all the websites appear to not be responding LOL. I'm not even dead set on getting one at launch, but I typically like to pre-order if I can just so I have the option.

Surprising how popular this and the PS5 pre-orders are. I remember pre-ordering a launch Xbox One without too much hassle.
wessimo
AG
No luck at Amz or Microsoft store so far.
Pman17
AG
well this is a disaster

When I finally get to place order, it won't let me change cards, and the Place Order button is gray.
AgsWin2011
AG
I was able to get one through Walmart. Got it in the cart and had to order it 5-6 times for it to go through. Before it finally went through, it kept saying out of stock.

Edit to add that it says "Arrives by 11/12/2020" so maybe get it a couple days after official release day. I'm ok with that.
YNWA_AG
AG
Got one through Microsoft

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.