***** The Division - Xbox one *****

127,731 Views | 1376 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by wee_ag
TexasAggie_02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
How would you tell if you're at 75%?

Go to your gear screen, hit right bumper to go to stats screen. Scroll down, or hit right I the d pad 4 times, to get to the 'survivability' section. There will be a stat for armor that will say XX.XX% damage mitigation. You ideally want it to be 75%.

Someone on Reddit did the math awhile back, but the amount of stamina you'd need to compensate for each % below 75% armor is ridiculous. 75 is the max that you can get (before v1.2 it was 65%).

At full armor, enemies will only do 25% of their potential damage to you (which is still a freaking lot bc they made all the enemies way overpowered).
TexasAggie_02
AG

http://imgur.com/a/VJZmC

they actually patched the donuts, b/c they were too big. the donuts got nerfed
jeffk
AG
Wow. I had close to 500 extra armor than I needed to get to 75%. Time to recalibrate to add some points back to dps or skill.
Agmaniacmike12
quote:
Wow. I had close to 500 extra armor than I needed to get to 75%. Time to recalibrate to add some points back to dps or skill.
If you had armor rolled to your backpack, switch that to skill power if possible. That will provide anywhere from 5000-7000 skill power. Armor on chest and holster are preferable as the other rolls aren't as necessary for those gear pieces.

I have it set up with armor on holster and chest.

If you are rank 50 in the DZ, buy the gear mod blueprints and try to roll armor or skill power based on whether you are near the armor cap or not.
jeffk
AG
Yeah, I played around with the pieces a bit and came to that same conclusion.

Also picked up a few more Firecrest pieces and am running a four piece combo with two final measure. I'm basically a cleaner with my incendiary seeker mine and the incendiary bullet perk. I may go back to less FC pieces later as I don't like how low it bumped my skill level (or I might replace some gear mods to get it back up), but it's a ton of fun causing that much mayhem.
TexasAggie_02
AG
i'm currently using 3 pc firecrest (mainly b/c i've only gotten one 268 sentry drop so far). i like the 100% reload speed. I don't see much utility in the 4 pc perk b/c the enemy HAS to be on fire, and YOU have to land the killing blow for it to proc.
Agmaniacmike12
I was watching some Twitch gameplay of the Deadeye set in PVP. It is very strong if you can at least hit the body. I have been wanting to build a set, but I have gotten nothing but 214 gear for it.

My Sentry/Final Measure set is just about done. I just need a 268 set of kneepads with a mod slot and I'm set.

jeffk
AG
quote:
i'm currently using 3 pc firecrest (mainly b/c i've only gotten one 268 sentry drop so far). i like the 100% reload speed. I don't see much utility in the 4 pc perk b/c the enemy HAS to be on fire, and YOU have to land the killing blow for it to proc.

Yeah, I ran through an UG mission with it on hard and it was pretty easy to keep the burnination rolling. When you entered a room, toss the seeker which lights several guys up, keep shooting to get the first kill and then you get the incendiary rounds which can light up your next target. Rinse, repeat. It works and is fun, but the drop to my skill power was pretty high (two of my pieces are 214 which doesn't help) so I'll most likely drop back down to the three piece set because the reload perk is very nice.
jeffk
AG
Also, I ran all the weekly hvts this morning and scored like five more pieces of lone star gear.
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:
Also, I ran all the weekly hvts this morning and scored like five more pieces of lone star gear.
lol. mike debt and i ran the weeklies last night all i got was lonestar.
TheVarian
AG
I'm so far behind
E
AG
TexasAggie_02
AG
we had a group of 3 go rogue on us last night at an extraction. they bit off a little more than they could chew. I didn't see where the 3rd one went at the time, but after going back and watching, he managed to duck down the staircase and run his 19 sec timer out.

jeffk
AG
I love my purple beanie so much.
jeffk
AG
My FC/FM combo build is coming along better. Just need some better kneepads (these are 214) to bump it up a little more. The 268 blueprints aren't available until UG level 40 and I just hit 20 today.

jeffk
AG
Forgot about this little gem from several weeks back:

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Keester11/video/19429421

I'll figure out how to embed videos shortly.

Here's the GIF version anyway.

jeffk
AG
I'm having way too much fun with this.

jeffk
AG
Whaaaa... I just cleared a supply drop containing multiple 268 gear and 229 weapons... Solo... On the main game map...

Edit - looks like bonus content for season pass holders twice a month on the 1st and 15th (paydays).

http://tomclancy-thedivision.ubi.com/game/en-US/news/152-259002-16/new-activity-for-our-season-pass-owners
TexasAggie_02
AG
please tell me you recorded that
TexasAggie_02
AG
if it just happend "snap game dvr" and save the last 5 mins
jeffk
AG
Yeah, I got it, but it's not a bug, it's apparently a surprise feature.
TexasAggie_02
AG
apparently this is for season pass holders. on the 1st and 15th of every month now, you'll get an in-world supply drop. I was unaware of this, i haven't played in a week, or even checked the division reddit
jeffk
AG
I got a sweet 229 AK that I'm trying out (but it'll be tough o top my G36 at this point) and two 268 Alphabridge pieces I'll probably never use.
jeffk
AG
Fyi - you get nothing for helping a group member clear their drops.
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
Heard they silent nerfed the G36. I'm probably going to quit playing. If they don't introduce the concepts of saved loadouts and PvP gear then I probably will just quit playing altogether. There's too many good games coming out and I need more incentive than what they have right now.
TexasAggie_02
AG
it wasnt' silent, they said before the underground update even came out that it was going to get nerfed
jeffk
AG
Don't quit dawg. I need your help to run the DZ.

Although, you're right - updates and new content has been pretty underwhelming so far.

I'll probably ride this one all the way until BF1 releases in October.
E
AG
Did they get rid of the G36 all together or just scale it down?
TexasAggie_02
AG
They reduced base damage by 15%
gumby579
AG
quote:
Whaaaa... I just cleared a supply drop containing multiple 268 gear and 229 weapons... Solo... On the main game map...

Edit - looks like bonus content for season pass holders twice a month on the 1st and 15th (paydays).

http://tomclancy-thedivision.ubi.com/game/en-US/news/152-259002-16/new-activity-for-our-season-pass-owners
Had this happen to me, too last night. I came out from underground and heard supply drop incoming and thought it was a glitch. I just decided to give it a try and got my gear.
E
AG
So are we all done with this game? I play about once a week, but I started a new character and with the updates, playing the story is way better then when I started at games launch. However once I beat it again and get to Dark Zone it will most likely go back to being monotonous.

slickag2007
AG
I haven't played in almost a month. It got dull after running through all the stuff over and over again. And starting a new character seems unenticing.
thaed137
AG
I'm still playing it somewhat regularly. Got a 2nd character to level 30 so I can take advantage of supply drops more. I still have fun running around and doing stuff on the game. Survival should come out next month which hopefully adds something more dynamic to the game. With all its flaws I still have fun with it and have hope that they will change some of the issues as they just got back from vacation.

We shall see what happens long term. Either way I have gotten more than my money's worth out of the game and enjoyment as well as a good introduction to these types of games and that I can enjoy them as I had never done this type of loot game before.
Agmaniacmike12
I'll tell myself I'll likely pick it back up when the DLC comes, but I don't think that will actually happen. With the Destiny expansion, Bioshock Collection, and Battlefield 1 + football season right around the corner I think I'm done. I had fun and got $70 worth of satisfaction out of it.
TexasAggie_02
AG
yeah, i just finished my moments of triumph for Destiny, and am now playing Iron Banner, trying to get my light level up before the expansion hits. I finally bought fallout 4 when it was on sale for $25 +$30 for all the DLC. So i'll start whittling away at that during lulls in between games. Also Titanfall 2 will be coming out this fall. I really have no idea when i'll jump back into the Division.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.