***** The Division - Xbox one *****

127,583 Views | 1376 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by wee_ag
TexasAggie_02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Agmanicmike,

Think i know why we were getting absolutely melted in a fraction of a second last night:

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/4i17ii/theory_dying_with_sentry_marks_active_will_give/

TLDR: If you die while marked by the sentry gear set perk, the debuff doesn't go away and you are permanently squishy until you log out.
jr15aggie
AG
I haven't played the game in over a week... I go for the challenging mission with randoms... I'm 3/4 of the way through the mission and the game glitches me into a corner. I kill myself and one of the dumbasses revives me. I'm out of nades do now I'm hosed. Frak! This game really sucks sometimes.

Madmarttigan
AG
Is battlefield out yet?
shertown04
AG
I got stuck inside a container during a challenging mission one time. After trying to roll my way out for about 30 seconds another one of my teammates ended up in there with me. He quit so by the time I killed myself to get out I was the only one left in the party and had to quit out. I've also gotten caught in a column of a bridge when trying to take cover one time and then tonight I got caught in a DZ chest but managed to roll 5-6 times and get out of it somehow.

Then there is the whole falling through the floor glitch that is completely infuriating when it happens to you but hilarious when you see some other random person off in the distance falling through the walls of the subway. The Russian Consulate has done that to me so many times.
TexasAggie_02
AG
Go to group management and set your party to open. It will auto match make while you are playing, you won't have to give up.
jeffk
AG
Me and CRM we're not having a fun time in the DZ this afternoon. Got tricked into going rogue and then blasted. Then another dude was camping the safe house entrance, then I accidently wasted a non-hostile when he was right in front of a named boss (we actually successfully waited out our timer that time), engaged in running gun battles with rogues before getting killed in an extraction zone by the buddies of a guy who went to manhunt level.
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
There's definitely an art to running the DZ.
thaed137
AG
DZ isn't hard and if you have a least a buddy can run the whole DZ. If you have a group of 4 then you are pretty good. Can only think of a hand full of times when I ever died int he DZ having a full group of 4. Rogues tend to just pick on the smaller groups. If you are alone or in group of two, we just kept together and kept running if a group started to follow us or check our gear scores.

Important things to note:

1) You have to do damage to the named characters to get the drop.
2) Chests only open for your group so get to them first if multiple groups.
3) Supply drops: the survivor link and and a health fromm a team mate will let you capture the drop 9/10 times without killing anyone. This can let you sneak in and take the chest if other people are there killing the NPC's or time is low.
4) If the area is purple it has NPC's, if it is grey then they aren't spawned.
5) Health stations are next to useless as most of time you are healing on the run.
shertown04
AG
"Ipeemiraclewhip" is on the blacklist for anyone still playing this game. Shoot to kill! 4 of us trying to extract and he tries to butt his way in and steal a spot. After we crowd him out he starts talking trash and popping us with a pistol. Not really doing much damage, just annoying us so we let him talk. He follows us back to the checkpoint and I'm the last one out and he starts unloading on me. I pop a medkit and everyone runs back out and we run his arse down cold blooded in the middle of the street. Later on we run into him again and he's still talking trash and trying to start something only he's got a buddy with him. With no warning Agmaniacmike pops him twice and he's down and his poor buddy didn't stand a chance. Why this guy chose to talk smack to a group of 4 higher leveled players I have no clue.
jeffk
AG
He's probably 14, so no reason he could have given would have made sense.
jeffk
AG
quote:
There's definitely an art to running the DZ.

Absolutely.

I run it a lot solo and rarely have issues, but that was just a fubar incursion from start to finish.
jr15aggie
AG
I'm thinking I'll be on tonight around the 830 hour. I'm up for daily missions and/or dark zone.
jr15aggie
AG
Dang! A few of us were being straight up DZ jackasses last night. What do you do when you see two randoms fighting a boss? Run around the block so you can sneak up on them and shoot them in the back, of course!
TexasAggie_02
AG
I got 3 rogue kills last night. I downed a couple more, but randos got to them before it could.

We were clearing the pit at one point when i noticed the rogue icon was almost parallel to us, they had run down in the subway at Midtown music. there were some randoms fighting them, so we went a block to the south and down into the subway and managed to sandwich them.

One got away and ran underground towards the pit. I knew the pit wasn't cleared yet, and the subway makes a loop there, so while everyone else chased the guy around counter-clockwise, I went clockwise and was able to head him off. I know shertown and i both leveled up, boda said he didn't make any progess though. I ended up raking in about 35k in funds last night.
thaed137
AG
Added a couple of you guys who post more last night to get a few more active players on my list.

Redass2009 is my GT.
Pilmer
AG
Sorry to all the random invites for this game, I've been popping on and playing for 30 minutes, then logging off. I'm not ignoring you guys!
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
Sorry to all the random invites for this game, I've been popping on and playing for 30 minutes, then logging off. I'm not ignoring you guys!
I'll second that by saying my son now plays the Xbox quite a bit and he uses my account to play Star Wars... Any ignored invites means it's my son and he's too busy looking for the Darth Vader power up!

The rogue thing is one of the faster ways to level up I guess. There weren't too many rogues to kill in our DZ last night so we had to take matters into our own hands. It wasn't hard getting a high wanted level and then surviving. None of those fools even bothered getting revenge (or at least they didn't try too hard to chase us). Not surprising though, one of the poor souls we killed had been collecting purples.... PURPLES! My gosh we were killing children!!!!!!
jeffk
AG
Not the younglings!
shertown04
AG
By the time I finished up going rogue/rogue hunting with Agmanicamike and The Aggie I think I was up 2.5 levels and 75k DZ funds. Up to 450k I think. Too bad I have nothing to spend it on for another 13 levels which by then I'm sure the new patch will be out and all of the weapons will be rebalanced.
jr15aggie
AG
So I figured it out... going Rogue is fun and part of the DZ experience. I do it, you do it, it's part of the game. Definitely fun to do and do it successfully. It sucks when you fail and really sucks when 4 other rogues drop you before you can even heal/dive/run away, etc.

It's all part of the game and part of the fun.

BUT... when 4 D-Bags who are more than likely exploiting a glitch and who definitely have OP weapons/gear won't leave you alone the DZ really sucks. Kill me once, kill me twice, OK. But for the love, let me play the game after that! Congrats on finding some combo of skills/perks that makes you dang near invincible all the while you can one shot kill me with full health... great... now please go *curse words*, would you kindly!
wee_ag
AG
More 1.2 update info...

https://www.vg247.com/2016/05/12/the-division-update-1-2-phoenix-credits-cap-doubled-gear-score-lowered-for-next-incursion/

Included:

• Pheonix Credit cap increased to 2000
  • Bug for the Sentry Gear Set automatically targeting players during the Dark Zone will be fixed
  • Bug where players don't receive weekly rewards for the Falcon Lost Incursion will be fixed
  • Brutal talent will be nerfed
  • Balanced talent will allow quick scoping
  • Forced talent with Sentry Gear Set will change
  • Reckless talent will "work properly"
  • Performance gear mods to be buffed
  • The introduction of a Toughness character stat will combine Health, Armour and Stamina
  • Armour cap will be increased to 75 percent
  • VOIP indicator will now be in the UI
jeffk
AG
They limited the Sentry 4 piece headshot perk to just marksmanship rifles too.
dcaggie04
AG
quote:

Any semi-auto weapon will still trigger it. So pistols, shotguns and marksman rifles.

dcaggie04
AG
Also, Broken Circle will not be the name of next incursion. Name will change and recommended gear score will be inline with Falcons Lost. Information on map for next incursion is just place holder.
jeffk
AG
quote:
quote:

Any semi-auto weapon will still trigger it. So pistols, shotguns and marksman rifles.

Hmmm... Bolt actions too?
dcaggie04
AG
I would think so since the game considers them marksman rifles.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
That would be no problem if I could ever get a good M1A again!!! The best one I have is my old faithful purple one (which I never use anymore). Actually got a gold M1 the other day, but it's worse than my old one. Sigh
jeffk
AG
So what's the best two-set gear combination?

I've got four pieces of Sentry, but also a couple each of Tactician and Striker and one of Nomad.
TexasAggie_02
AG
i got tactician gloves last night from a supply drop, so i was able to finally try out 4 sentry/2 tactician. It wasn't too bad. My armor was at 57% (my 4 sentry, reckless/savage combo was 65%), so i was definitely more squishy. I went from 245/79/17 to 209/83/26. I didn't really notice that much of a difference in my DPS against NPCs, it was noticeable against rogues.

At 26k skillpower, i didn't need to run back through my heal to get an overheal, i could actually pop it at a full sprint and get a full overheal; which is great for running from/chasing rogues. Also, my pulse stayed up for a really long time. I should have checked my stats to see what the duration actually was.

The gloves that dropped for me were gear score 191, I imagine if i could get 214 or 240 gloves, i could get my armor back up to 65%.
92Ag95
AG
quote:
Dang! A few of us were being straight up DZ jackasses last night. What do you do when you see two randoms fighting a boss? Run around the block so you can sneak up on them and shoot them in the back, of course!
a.s.s.hat
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
quote:
a.s.s.hat
There should be a "dude" in there somewhere!
shertown04
AG
You know we used to all be nice 99% of the time but the DZ doesn't allow that any more. It's kill or be killed for the most part. Last night we held off killing a boss because another group was there and we were letting them get a shot on him so they could get the drop as well. Our reward...they turn rogue on us and start shooting us in the back. We escaped to the subway where we had the cover to make a stand and took all 4 of those punks down. Once you get to the upper DZ levels going rogue/rogue hunting gets to be a bigger temptation since the XP needed to level up is a lot higher and the money needed for upper level DZ blueprints skyrockets.
Agmaniacmike12
I joined Sched and mullet's group last night and we were in a server where a manhunt group was camping the DZ-03 safe room. Once Sched got back and they had moved away from the safe room we hunted the group of 6. I think we killed 2 or 3. I was ready to get off but saw that Kalkesse Sports Store was up, so mullet and I cleared it. That group was camping the safe room again, so I murdered this poor dude as he was picking up the boss drop knowing he could either spawn 500 feet southeast in the DZ-02 safe room or the DZ-03 safe room being camped by rogues. Easy DZ funds and XP by running north as he had no way to catch up to us with his spawn options. **** move, but with the servers we were getting last night, the only way to get a chunk of funds and XP quickly and safely.
jeffk
AG
Can't get a teal holster for the life of me.
E
AG
It's been about a week since I've been on, does the church safe house in DZ6 still have crappy nomad blueprints or have they updated the items?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.