***** The Division - Xbox one *****

125,807 Views | 1376 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by wee_ag
Kampfers
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Went into the DZ finally ( level 12). I achieved dz rank 9 pretty quickly and got some good stuff. Tough enemy AI everywhere.

So I guess it's a good idea to stay at our below level 14? That's the level cap for my current DZ group. If I get above 14 whats the next group ranking?

15-19
Sentinel
AG
Anyone want to join a friend and me? We're in the DZ. Level 10.
gumby579
AG
Send me an invite. GT is username
Sentinel
AG
Sent.
slickag2007
AG
I wish I could join y'all! Stupid retail job. Keeping me from playing video games. haha.
wee_ag
AG
quote:
Instances - like Lord of the Rings.
But you can go to a Matchmaking computer a Safe House and go to 'Free Roam' mode. This lets you play in the server with all the other players viewable, not just friends, and you can join up with them.

Also... There's a Queue now??
tamusc
AG
quote:
quote:
Instances - like Lord of the Rings.
But you can go to a Matchmaking computer a Safe House and go to 'Free Roam' mode. This lets you play in the server with all the other players viewable, not just friends, and you can join up with them.

Also... There's a Queue now??
Yeah, there's been a queue during peak hours since launch. Longest I've had to wait was five minutes, but I had a buddy have to wait ten minutes on Thursday night.
Madmarttigan
AG
I'm kind of mad at myself for getting to 30 feel like it was easier to grind dark zone exp at 29 by myself.
Average Joe
AG
I haven't waited very long at all. Long enough to make a drink and that's it.
Sentinel
AG
I waited about 2 minutes yesterday. Nothing too bad. Seems on par with how long it took Destiny to load.
TexasAggie_02
AG
I'm looking to start this game once I finish far cry primal. I'll be so far behind everyone, but oh well.
gumby579
AG
So I finished up all of the missions and encounters today. I ran with 2 randoms in the DZ and good lord the higher level NPCs are challenging
jr15aggie
AG
No shortage of things to do in the DZ... Plenty of AI guys ready and willing to shoot at you!
Madmarttigan
AG
Currently trying to find the best sniper rifle model. DPS is misleading on some things because it is taking into account magazine size and reload time. Those are not qualities you care about because you want high burst weapons and you can reload while in cover. It is difficult to sustain out of cover too much because of the npc damage.

I'll report back if I can ever make it to rank 30 in dark zone and do some testing. There were some real *******s around yesterday and I feel like players killing me took huge chunks out of my exp. Dying sets you back an annoying amount and that is just at rank 26...
thaed137
AG
Played most of the weekend and it was a lot of fun. I do feel like leveling up is pretty fast compared to what I thought it would be. I am already a 27 and still have several main missions to go plus encounters. It is definitely funny to look back and remember when we were talking **** how I had this awesome sniper that did 4k damage per shot! Now I have a sub-machine gun that does that per shot haha.

Thoughts so far:

-The AI is actually much better than I thought it would be. You have guys that will rush you, flank you, and suppress you. Feels like a pretty solid fight and it takes good team work to win a lot of it, not just individuals fighting together.

-The missions are fun and a lot of the videos are pretty intense and help paint a fairly grim picture of these people you are fighting. I really enjoy those touches and hope they continue to add more of them.

-The encounters are a bit repetitive but only so much programmers can do to keep those fresh.

-The game has been really glitch free which is a nice surprise for how much appears to be in it and it is pretty seamless to join in and out of groups which is awesome compared to how Siege is/was with trying to get into matches. The only negative here is most of any quick matchmaking I did put me with lower level guys that made it tough to do anything with.

-The headshot sound is very satisfying.

- It kind of sucks though that if you are a high level player, you typically can't play with a much lower level player without making their lives very difficult. Hopped on with Texag and Seth last night and the napalm missions became super easy for me, and next to impossible for them. They were around 12-16 while I was a 27. The enemies averaged to a 22. I could kill them quickly while they mostly had to hide as they could get one shot killed very quickly. Not sure the solution for this, but it is a way to help someone level quickly if they want. However, do the mission on hard, and all the enemies are the level of the top level player, ouch.

- The dark zone was awesome. Not very many people go rogue, wander if that will change at the higher levels. Favorite moment was up in DZ3 and thinking, oh let's extract here. As soon as I launched the flare, it was all gold enemies around us it felt like just standing there in the mists. We ran and ran and ran and ran.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
Currently trying to find the best sniper rifle model.
The best DMR's are going to either be the M1A or the M44 based on my experience. Not sure which variant is going to be the best of those (I know there is the SOCOM and what the sporting/hunting variants) two.
gumby579
AG
quote:
quote:
Currently trying to find the best sniper rifle model.
The best DMR's are going to either be the M1A or the M44 based on my experience. Not sure which variant is going to be the best of those (I know there is the SOCOM and what the sporting/hunting variants) two.
This. I picked up an M1A in the DZ and it is incredible. Throw in an extended magazine with it and you should be good to go.
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:
- The dark zone was awesome. Not very many people go rogue, wander if that will change at the higher levels. Favorite moment was up in DZ3 and thinking, oh let's extract here. As soon as I launched the flare, it was all gold enemies around us it felt like just standing there in the mists. We ran and ran and ran and ran.

reading some on reddit the last few days, and it appears some people have been forcing ppl to accidentally go rogue by intentionally walking into their line of fire, so that they can then kill them for their loot. Be especially careful using turrets in the DZ
thaed137
AG
That and be careful using grenades.

Satisfying moment I had was Mad and me were exiting a safe house and checking our gear. A guy sees we are in menu and proceeds to kill both us quickly with a shotgun and steal our stuff. I quickly re-spawn, and hunt him down and kill him. I then proceed to clap over his dead body as an echoing reminder while his screen greys out and loads....very satisfying.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Keep this in mind though, probably one of the most OP weapons in the game right now (it's basically broken the signature skill as crit hits allow it to recharge faster) is a high end SMG. They're already aware of this, and apparently already have a fix in mind for it. Anyways, while I think keeping a DMR in your inventory is a good idea, I think an SMG and AR combo is more beneficial in normal solo play or if you are playing with just one friend. Most of the battling happens in closer quarters, and SMG's just shred enemies up close IMO and reload is pretty quick.
TexasAggie_02
AG
Average Joe
AG
I haven't encountered that, yet, but keep joking about it.

Got lucky last night running to the chopper. My party and I were running to the drop zone when my 2 year old runs up to me wanting to watch Micky Mouse Clubhouse. I took 10 seconds to throw an episode on the computer and then started running for the drop zone again. Right as I get there I run up behind two guys starting to ambush my team. We ended up killing them both, twice, and got all their drops and keys.
TexasAggie_02
AG
pro tip, don't all huddle around the heli pad

TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
Gt: Eyeguytex

Add me
jr15aggie
AG
Not sure about you guys, but I'm about ready to start picking some fights in the DZ! What I've seen so far has been nothing but people being nice to each other. Time to squad up and cause some mischief!
jeffk
AG
Pretty bummed I've been out of town all weekend. Afraid I'll turn the game on and everyone will be level up so high I can't join up with anyone.

How does the leveling work? If I'm around level 10, can I play the same maps and missions and DZ sections as other people in my team?
thaed137
AG
Yes and No.

You can join any group of players no matter their level, so you can always play with your friends.

Main Missions on Normal - The bad guys will be adjusted to a sort of average of all Players. If your friend is level 30 and you are level 10, the enemies might be level 23. It will be extremely hard for you, walk in the park for him.

Main Mission on Hard - Same situation except all the enemies will be 30 as on hard they are the lvl of the highest player.

Dark Zone - The dark zone has player level ranges. You can join upwards to his level, but he can't come down. Again the enemies will be very hard but the loot should be awesome.

If you run the main missions on normal with them, it is a quick way to level up and catch up to your friends. It is just not as fun, although you can always go back and replay the missions on your own.
jeffk
AG
Awesome. Thanks!
Madmarttigan
AG
I dont mind basically rushing people through hard mode 30 missions I can do my daily with it as well. Hard is not that hard at 30, but challenging is just murder at least when I have tried to do it with randoms, but some of the randoms that are doing it dont even have their signature skill activated....

Just give me heals and buffs and maybe a CC turret .

Apparently the dark zone was broken for the first few days where people were getting 20-30 phoenix credits per boss kill, now it gives 1-3. Some of the psychos have full high end gear, and I'm struggling just to craft 1 piece. I did find the find the Midas SMG and that is pretty beast. Overpowered because it reduces your signature cooldown by a crap ton.
TexasAggie_02
AG
i'm just a lowly 7. I was in a matchmade game with a 5 and a 6 trying to do hard mode on the mission where you try to secure virus samples, and you go through the subway, and there are cleaners everywhere. Well, a friend of mine decides that he's gonna "help us," and pops in. Well, he's a 28, so now we have lvl 28 yellow bar cleaners everywhere. He panics and leaves, and i get a text later that says "sorry." lol

Is there a way to restart a mission from menu? i didn't see anything, so i just left the area and started some side missions. When i came back later, i was able to restart it from the beginning. I joined up with a different group, this time a 7 and a 9. We make it all the way to the end, and then i got disconnected from the server. yay!!
Agineer
AG
Gt: gearhead0711
thaed137
AG
You can highlight the mission emblem on the map and should be able to hold down Y to restart the mission. You can only do this if you are the group leader so you may have to drop your group to do this which also resets the mission.
howdydamnit04
AG
Hit level 30 on Sunday. Pretty fun so far and but hunting for the really good gear is gonna take a fireteam of 4 30s in the DZ. The level 32 gold bars in there are brutal. I think one sneezed on me and I died.
TexasAggie_02
AG
thanks. The UI in this game is really cluttered. That's really the only issue i've had with the game thus far.
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:
Hit level 30 on Sunday. Pretty fun so far and but hunting for the really good gear is gonna take a fireteam of 4 30s in the DZ. The level 32 gold bars in there are brutal. I think one sneezed on me and I died.
you need to buy the vector 45 acp sub machine gun blueprint from the Tech vendor upstairs in your Base of Operations. His stock resets in a few days, so you have time to get credits built up. It's kinda like the Vex Mythoclast of the Division. It just melts enemies at close to low-mid range. I was watching a guy use it on twitch yesterday, and he was owning the daily challenge mode with it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.