***** The Division - Xbox one *****

125,950 Views | 1376 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by wee_ag
slickag2007
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Huh? I'm not even sure how the crafting works. What is the damage of your Scar?
tamusc
AG
I crafted a blue quality Military SCAR-H that hits for ~700 on non crits and 1500-1600 on crits/headshots at level 5/6.
dcaggie04
AG
I crafted a blue carbine rifle that is 1500 single shot and 2500-3800 for headshots at level 7.
jr15aggie
AG
The good thing about crafting is you can see what is available to craft by going to the vendor. Once you are level 10 or so there's no harm in checking your current blueprints to see what is available and then making your decision as you go. It will give you the weapon and the general stat range... the final stats are a random dice roll after you confirm the build.

This game could really use a great app that would allow you to organize/deconstruct your inventory, mod guns, craft items, etc. It's not a huge deal, but after a long time on missions & in the dark zone you and your party have to go back to your base and everybody spends 5-10 minutes sorting all their stuff and equipping the best gear. Many times the party is farting around in the street waiting for the last guy to find the perfect gun/accessory/clothing combination. I think an app would allow people to quickly equip some new stuff, stash the rest, and sort it all out later when they are on the couch watching TV with the Mrs.
TheVarian
AG
Sorry, single shot was a bad word to use. It is a semi auto rifle. I'll take a photo tonight and post it
jr15aggie
AG
Hey Varian... for whatever reason you are the one guy I can't add... keep getting an error. If you want to friend The Aggie go for it.
slickag2007
AG
Interesting. I hit level 12 this morning. Im contemplating going back and trying the first medical wing mission again on normal just to see how easy it is. Then again, I may just try to continue finishing events.
TheVarian
AG
Did you add the space inbetween?
Sentinel
AG
I guess I should throw my GT in the mix.

SIGMA13
E
AG
LOOK ITS E
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
Interesting. I hit level 12 this morning. Im contemplating going back and trying the first medical wing mission again on normal just to see how easy it is. Then again, I may just try to continue finishing events.
Enemies match the highest level person on the mission. So if you are 12, the enemies will be level 12 as well.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
Did you add the space inbetween?

It worked now... It didn't like my copy and paste from texags. Typing manual worked.
slickag2007
AG
So is the only difference between normal and hard the caliber of enemy?
Sentinel
AG
And the drops.
wee_ag
AG
quote:
This game could really use a great app that would allow you to organize/deconstruct your inventory, mod guns, craft items, etc.
Sadly, they have said they have no plans on making an app.
jeffk
AG
My internet is being super janky - disconnecting me about every ten minutes of game time.
Madmarttigan
AG
did not realize there was maintenance tonight
tamusc
AG
quote:
did not realize there was maintenance tonight

Yup, I had a nice group rolling through missions and it cut out in the middle of one :/
jabberwalkie09
AG
I had just finished rolling through a mission when the server went down.

I did the Times Square and the Napalm missions tonight.... The NPCs definitely swarm you in the end of the missions.

Btw, the m60 is one hell of an awesome gun.
wee_ag
AG
Is there no waning about server shut-down? The Beta gave us a 15 minute timer in the bottom left of the screen. Not real obvious though.
Thunder18
AG
Finished the napalm security mission last night...me and 1 of my friends were level 10, one guy was a 7, then our other friend who was a 5 joined us halfway tbrough...that got interesting real quick, but we were able to slug through it. Tough mission and took a lot longer than I thought it would
Kampfers
AG
Probably going to cruise the dark zone tonight for the first time since the alpha/beta. If you're around level 10/11/12 and want to go do some exploring let me know.
dcaggie04
AG
We were cruising around the dark zone last night and started hearing someone talking to us. We looked around and saw another rando running around. It appears that there is an option that is on by default that you can hear other players when they are near you. They don't have to be in your fireteam.
thaed137
AG
That is correct and something I really like. Most parties in the DZ will be in party chat so you can't hear them. It is funny though when you hear a group go ok let's kill this guy now and you turn and run and they are like no chase him!
tamusc
AG
quote:
Is there no waning about server shut-down? The Beta gave us a 15 minute timer in the bottom left of the screen. Not real obvious though.
I think there was a news update in the main menu (where you look at inventory, skills, etc), but no, it was not obvious to any of the four people I was in chat with that were running together.
howdydamnit04
AG
quote:
And the drops.

Also if you fire up a mission on hard mode it scales to the highest level in the group. Last night I was lvl 12 and there were a 11, 9 and 8 in the group. Every enemy was 12. So that was pretty hard.
dcaggie04
AG
quote:
quote:
And the drops.

Also if you fire up a mission on hard mode it scales to the highest level in the group. Last night I was lvl 12 and there were a 11, 9 and 8 in the group. Every enemy was 12. So that was pretty hard.
Yeah, but it let us work on how to strategically heal or revive each other while getting destroyed by enemy gun fire.
slickag2007
AG
I do think it's interesting how heavily instanced this game is. Unlike other games, you only see other agents when you are in the dark zone or if you are running around with a party. You never see a firefight going on up the street and run up to help. What does everyone else think?
thaed137
AG
I've had a few random encounters where good guy NPCs were engaged with bad guy NPCs that I helped out. Some of these are side missions while others appear to be somewhat random.

I think end of the day, the normal area is believed to be somewhat controlled by the division with a semblance of law and order. The dark zone is just anarchy basically as they no longer monitor or try to control those areas. That thought process might be why the different feels as far as missioned vs random encounters.
slickag2007
AG
I also have had a few of those instances with random JTF. But it isn't like you can ever run up and it is actual players in a firefight with some higher leveled enemies and help them take those enemies out.
dcaggie04
AG
quote:
I also have had a few of those instances with random JTF. But it isn't like you can ever run up and it is actual players in a firefight with some higher leveled enemies and help them take those enemies out.
I'm actually okay with the main areas being your PVE and you just encounter your fireteam. Keeps the trolls in the dark zone and isolated from making the main playing a cluster.
tamusc
AG
quote:
quote:
I'm actually okay with the main areas being your PVE and you just encounter your fireteam. Keeps the trolls in the dark zone and isolated from making the main playing a cluster.

Exactly and you can pull in other players using matchmaking as well.
thaed137
AG
Ah I understand what you mean better. Yeah, I am with above. I prefer to have the dark zone where that occurs and the PVE area be more just for me and my team mates. I could see maybe wanting to see other agents rolling around but I think ti would be more trouble than it is worth.
gumby579
AG
What time tonight? I haven't gone to DZ since beta but I'm currently at 18
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
You never see a firefight going on up the street and run up to help. What does everyone else think?
You can actually go into your minimap and go to matchmaking and choose "free roam" mode. If you do that you will encounter randoms running around in the PVE area. I did this once and me and a random fought together during a simple encounter. Outside of that not sure how many other players you'll see running around though.

Also, I think it's the 2nd DLC that will turn the whole map into a semi dark zone area... so you'll get the randoms running around that you are asking for... only problem is they can shoot you as easily as help you.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.