***** The Division - Xbox one *****

125,947 Views | 1376 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by wee_ag
jr15aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
...That and I've been neglecting my video gaming hobby pretty hard for the past 10 months.

ETA: Just cancelled standard game. Looks like I'm on the DLC train.
I go on stretches where I'll play a lot over a couple days, then put it down for several. Busy @ work & life. I'll probably be more regular with a good co-op/MP game out now. I usually have time in the late evenings to play, I just need a good game to motivate me to pick up the controller. In recent months when it gets late I choose the easier watching TV/reading option... or worse, I'll go to bed early like an old man.

But welcome to the Gold edition club... I'm sure we'll gripe about it later!
Aggietaco
AG
I still blame Pilmer for my Hardline DLC purchase.
wee_ag
AG
quote:
I choose the easier watching TV/reading option
Is it bad that even reading is too much work sometimes?
LeftyHound
AG
quote:
I still blame Pilmer for my Hardline DLC purchase.

Oh I definitely blame Pilmer for my Battlefront season pass purchase
jr15aggie
AG
LOL at the Pilmer hate. Yeah, screw that guy!!! (just kidding bro, we still love you).

The only time I did the full DLC up-front was BF3. I didn't mind the investment, but by the time all the DLC had come out I had moved on from the game. I'll probably be in a similar boat with The Division depending on the DLC release schedule. But overall it usually pays for itself if you would have ended up buying a couple DLC packs anyway. So overall I'm still not a huge fan of pre-buying all DLC, but I guess I can't hate on it too much cause this will be the 2nd time I've done it!
dcaggie04
AG
Add me in:

dcaggie04 = debt2society
gumby579
AG
I'm in. GT - gumby579
wee_ag
AG
All the feels

Aggietaco
AG
BS. Only took a few shots to take down those tangos.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
BS. Only took a few shots to take down those tangos.
And the XB1 graphics look nothing like that... DOWNGRADE!!!!!! Pre-Order cancelled!!!!
jr15aggie
AG
I just read that open beta will not import your data from the closed beta... meaning we will all start off at level 1 again and have to do the early missions to unlock everything.

Good chance I'll pass on the open beta. The real game lands in 3 weeks... I'm not sure I have much interest in playing the game intro 3 times. I think I'll just wait for the real game and keep my excitement level high.
jeffk
AG
quote:
I just read that open beta will not import your data from the closed beta... meaning we will all start off at level 1 again and have to do the early missions to unlock everything.

Good chance I'll pass on the open beta. The real game lands in 3 weeks... I'm not sure I have much interest in playing the game intro 3 times. I think I'll just wait for the real game and keep my excitement level high.

Wow. Yeah, I'll probably skip it too since I'll be having to do that all again when the game releases.
agfan2013
AG
Yeah I played the alpha and the closed beta, no way im doing the same stuff with maybe one new mission and then doing it all over again a 4th time when the actual game comes out. Passing on the open beta for sure.
jeffk
AG
I may log on and do a few minutes just to make sure I don't miss out on some meaningless crap like a special piece of clothing (suspenders, beanie, monocle, etc) given to Beta players though.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
I may log on and do a few minutes just to make sure I don't miss out on some meaningless crap like a special piece of clothing (suspenders, beanie, monocle, etc) given to Beta players though.

Crap!!! Forgot about that... it's completely pointless, but I'm way too OCD to allow a unique beanie to be missed! It's why I get burnt out of Assasin's Creed games... I can't pass up the hundreds of icons in every single area that says "hey, collect me". I try to ignore it, but it's dang near impossible.

I'm currently playing the free version of Tomb Raider I got a while back and I am 100% getting every possible hidden item & challenge... thankfully Tomb Raider is very reasonable and there only a dozen or so in each area.

Long story short... maybe I will play the beta.... but just for a little bit.... so I can get gear that I'll probably never use! And then 5 hours later I'm still playing just to see how the DZ has improved... and then just a bit longer to get a new gun.... friggin A!!!
jeffk
AG
Where'd you read about the open beta not carrying over anything from the closed?
Aggietaco
AG
Good, without you *******s online I'll actually get a chance to try out the single player missions before wandering off into the DZ.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
Where'd you read about the open beta not carrying over anything from the closed?

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/02/17/the-division-open-beta-pre-load-now-available

quote:
Bear in mind that your progress won't carry over from the closed beta, nor will it carry forward into the game's full release on March 8.

The same level caps are also in place... level 8 and DZ rank 12. It's basically the same thing as before but with a new single player mission and the Dark Zone is suppose to be more populated with AI.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
Good, without you *******s online I'll actually get a chance to try out the single player missions before wandering off into the DZ.

Well, I guess I know who to shoot first if friend v friend violence breaks out in the DZ!
jeffk
AG
No word on whether this exclusive item can be earned in the closed or open beta.

I guess I'll go run around in the DZ and kill Aguas just to be safe.
Madmarttigan
AG
Considering I haven't played one minute, I look forward to testing it out before I decide on buying it.
Sandman23
AG
Pre-ordered from Amazon, add me up.

GT: Sandman23
Aggietaco
AG
Bunch of ****s in here.
jeffk
AG
Any word on what the new mission is yet?
slickag2007
AG
The new mission opens up the Tech wing of your base. I haven't played it yet, but I imagine it unlocks the 2nd tech perk.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
Any word on what the new mission is yet?
From the stream I have watched, I think think its called Subway Morgue or something like that. And it has the cleaners in it apparently.
jeffk
AG
Oooo...

Probably going to have to play that tonight.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Damn Xbone and its day early access to the beta over PC players......
wee_ag
AG
quote:
Oooo...

Probably going to have to play that tonight.
I'm in.

quote:
Damn Xbone and its day early access to the beta over PC players......
Xbox Master Race
Aggietaco
AG
Not loading a new game for me. Hung at 0%.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
Not loading a new game for me. Hung at 0%.

Hard reboot the xb1?
Aggietaco
AG
Finally loaded on the 4th try.
jeffk
AG

TNMT!
thaed137
AG
Played several hours last night with two friends, tried to pull Seth and this is lefty but think they were in their own groups.

The new mission was a lot of fun and much more challenging than the medical wing mission. I highly recommend doing a run through with a sniper weapon and just pick off their tanks so that they explode and die with just a few bullets. It did take a good amount of strategy and covering each other (at time just two of us) as we went. I really hope the missions stay along that parameter. Finishing this mission let you unlock the turret that wasn't available in other releases. The turret is awesome and is a great cover your back, distract the enemy, and provide security at extractions type perk that most everyone was using.

The DZ did have a lot more NPC's and more often than not they would show up at extraction zones which added a lot more tension and chaos to the situation which was great. The three of us roamed pretty extensively in the DZ and had a ton of fun. The suspense of everything was great. Favorite moment was a random fourth started running with us. We killed a few rogues down in the subway and took on a large group of NPC's as we emerged. We were all full on loot. We head to a extraction point and signal a chopper. With 5 seconds to go we drop our turrets for protection and load our loot up. Last minute call and we turn on him and light him up. Our turrets destroyed him quickly along with our weapons fire and we took his loot and loaded it on the chopper. We couldn't stop laughing at how pissed that dude had to be. Lots of moments like that made the game very fun for us as a group. Maybe I didn't notice this before, but the extraction chopper only has so many slots to place loot. Once it is full it leaves. Screwed over guy in our group but adds a little bit to the rush of getting to it.

We did get to the status of man hunt on rogue and man was it tough. We were rogue and kept having single players come up to try to kill us. Of course killing them only leveled us up to man hunt. We tried to keep it all in front of us but it was tough when 3 players came around. The turrets really provide a quick flanking perk when people are behind cover, just simply throw it over the top and they have to move where you can then quickly shoot them. We didn't survive the man hunt but was only two of us at the time. Need to get a group of four next time.

The rest of the beta I will probably just explore and when have team mates just roam the dz. I'm not going to pour too many countless hours into it since it doesn't transfer but we had a lot of fun last night and only confirmed glad we ordered this game. The only thing right now I would change is that if you pulse other people, they did glow red which confused some of us if they were rogue or not, they weren't. Also, I think the man hunt should count down with no pauses as it is hard enough as it is.
AirplaneAg09
AG
Not sure if anyone else is in the PC crowd, but my beta won't even load startup before crashing. Tried every combination of cache verifying, restarting, configuration files, etc. but nothing has worked. Apparently this was a problem on the closed beta too for Steam users. Guess I'll try to uninstall this evening, but what a waste of time waking up early this morning to try and get some play in before work.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.