********* Official Cowboys Off-Season Thread 2026 *********

221,756 Views | 2124 Replies | Last: 22 days ago by AgBQ-00
All I do is Nguyen
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I remember when we signed him I was ticked because of his antics prior to the Cowboys. He grew on me tho with the whole "That's my QB"

No matter what!
Epstein didn't do, you know, the thing...
I'm the rare Astros/Cowboys/Spurs fan. We do exist
Woods Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
All I do is Nguyen said:

I remember when we signed him I was ticked because of his antics prior to the Cowboys. He grew on me tho with the whole "That's my QB"




Because he KNEW he had a stud at QB.

The guy that made Miles Austin and Patrick Crayton
Vince Blake
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm a little rusty on my Jerry-nese. Is he hinting that they may still be in on Maxx Crosby?
jr15aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Lord, who knows! I'm sure they are probably still open to Crosby talks... I just hope Jerry is firm on compensation. Crosby is a "win now" player. His best football is behind him and this is likely a guy that is here for 2 years max (pun intended).

If that's the case, I'm not offering more than a 3rd for him. Not saying it can't be multiple picks, but I'm not touching my 1st or 2nd rounders for him.
jr15aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I just remembered Rashan Gary was a thing. It's been a long off-season and I'm still coming down off my 1st round draft high.

But yeah, that gives me BIG pause to even consider 3rd round picks for Maxx. We've got a lot of $ and top picks already tied up on the D-line with Q, Gary, Clark, Ez & Lawrence.

If we want to improve this defense, use the picks/money and get another starting quality CB or LB.
Macarthur
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I agree. If we make a move, it's gotta be CB or OT.
Woods Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
jr15aggie said:

I just remembered Rashan Gary was a thing. It's been a long off-season and I'm still coming down off my 1st round draft high.

But yeah, that gives me BIG pause to even consider 3rd round picks for Maxx. We've got a lot of $ and top picks already tied up on the D-line with Q, Gary, Clark, Ez & Lawrence.

If we want to improve this defense, use the picks/money and get another starting quality CB or LB.

I hear you and agree... But the difference between Crosby and any two Dallas DEs is night and day.

I'd give Gary and YOUR left nut for Crosby. I'd throw in Macarthur's as well if needed.
Macarthur
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I don't need mine anymore. I'm down.
Woods Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Macarthur said:

I don't need mine anymore. I'm down.

Mine are on the block as well. 5 young kids - if I have another surprise, I'll walk off a cliff.
jr15aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'll keep mine thank you, but they've been dormant for a few years which has been great! It's like Jeff Foxworthy said back in the 90's... It's like walking around with an unloaded gun, I can point it at anybody and they don't care!!!
jr15aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Quote:

I hear you and agree... But the difference between Crosby and any two Dallas DEs is night and day.


Agree and disagree. The medicals on Maxx scare me. It could be a big nothing burger and he's going to be awesome next year... but it's also not nothing either.

If he could be what Demarcus Ware was for Denver it would be a good move.
bonfarr
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AgBQ-00
How long do you want to ignore this user?
God loves you so much He'll meet you where you are. He also loves you too much to allow to stay where you are.

We sing Hallelujah! The Lamb has overcome!
Infection_Ag11
How long do you want to ignore this user?
jr15aggie said:

I just remembered Rashan Gary was a thing. It's been a long off-season and I'm still coming down off my 1st round draft high.

But yeah, that gives me BIG pause to even consider 3rd round picks for Maxx. We've got a lot of $ and top picks already tied up on the D-line with Q, Gary, Clark, Ez & Lawrence.

If we want to improve this defense, use the picks/money and get another starting quality CB or LB.


Crosby is such much better than anything we have at DE/pass rusher that this isn't even a consideration for me.
jr15aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
If he's healthy, yeah, Maxx is a game changer for any team. I have my reservations, but if this message board was a thing in the 90's, I would have said the same thing about Charles Hailey and I would have been wrong!
jr15aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm starting to ramp up my listening of Cowboys talk "radio"... the talk about Maxx yesterday from some was that perhaps Pickens and a pick (maybe a 3rd rounder) is being floated by the Cowboys.

Apparently the Raiders still want a 1st rounder for Maxx and the only way around that is to part with a player (and LV is looking for offensive weapons).

So the talk is that Pickens & agent are playing nice because they know there is a possibility that he could still get a long term deal if Dallas agrees to trade him. It's all just speculation, but that's the talk right now.
Big_Time_Timmy_Jim
How long do you want to ignore this user?
jr15aggie said:

I'm starting to ramp up my listening of Cowboys talk "radio"... the talk about Maxx yesterday from some was that perhaps Pickens and a pick (maybe a 3rd rounder) is being floated by the Cowboys.

Apparently the Raiders still want a 1st rounder for Maxx and the only way around that is to part with a player (and LV is looking for offensive weapons).

So the talk is that Pickens & agent are playing nice because they know there is a possibility that he could still get a long term deal if Dallas agrees to trade him. It's all just speculation, but that's the talk right now.

Tells me Jerry still doesn't know how to build a winner.

You don't send GP off for Maxx. You figure a way to add Max to what you already have without opening another hole to try and replace that production. You don't replace micah with Q williams, you add Q williams next to micah.
zgolfz85
How long do you want to ignore this user?
do not give up pickens, my gosh
Tksymm7
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Pickens is a so good. I know he can be a little unhinged, but he's got skills I'm not sure I've seen much of in a long time. His ball skills are outrageous.
zgolfz85
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Tksymm7 said:

Pickens is a so good. I know he can be a little unhinged, but he's got skills I'm not sure I've seen much of in a long time. His ball skills are outrageous.

indeed. I don't like the idea of valdez-scantling, mingo or flournoy forced into becoming our #2. I think turpin would be the real #2 in that case, but hard to call a guy that size your #2 WR
Infection_Ag11
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Obviously you don't give up Pickens. I would definitely give up a high draft pick though. If they want to deal him now I'm not going higher than a two, but if he can demonstrate he's healthy and I trade for him during the season I could be talked into a one.
zgolfz85
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Infection_Ag11 said:

Obviously you don't give up Pickens. I would definitely give up a high draft pick though. If they want to deal him now I'm not going higher than a two, but if he can demonstrate he's healthy and I trade for him during the season I could be talked into a one.

agreed on a 1 if it takes it, just not GP
Enrico Pallazzo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Dak's window is closing. Ceedee's body has taken a toll. I say trade picks for Crosby and make the best 2-3 year run you can. The dual threat of Lamb and Pickens is needed to do that. Just get a remotely competent defense to pair with this offense, and you have something cooking. But take Lamb or Pickens away, I don't think you do; you end up average on both sides of the ball.
Enviroag02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Looks like Vita Vea may be available…we need run support big time so that would seem a good fit.
cman1494
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Shoot, trade for Crosby and Vita Vea!

F them picks!

This is time for win-now mode in a 2 year window. If that doesn't work, blow it all up and start over with a new QB. But Dak is in his prime, has a great offense around him - now is the time!
jr15aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Enviroag02 said:

Looks like Vita Vea may be available…we need run support big time so that would seem a good fit.


Would we trade Clark for Vea in this scenario or would we instead just have the nastiest interior D-line rotation in the NFL?
jr15aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
cman1494 said:

Shoot, trade for Crosby and Vita Vea!

F them picks!

This is time for win-now mode in a 2 year window. If that doesn't work, blow it all up and start over with a new QB. But Dak is in his prime, has a great offense around him - now is the time!


The draft brings me too much joy every year... don't F them picks, love them picks!!!!


But I do not disagree with the thought... we are no longer trying to build a Dak Dynasty. We are in very real danger of accomplishing absolutely nothing with 2 "really good" franchise QBs over the span of 20+ years.

There is no telling how long it will be before we find our next franchise QB... the time is now.
Raiderjay
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Best AI edit yet of Romo sobriety test......

Big_Time_Timmy_Jim
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Agree completely. Shove the chips all in and leverage the future for the now. 2-3 year window. Worry about years 3-5 later
jr15aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Big_Time_Timmy_Jim said:

Agree completely. Shove the chips all in and leverage the future for the now. 2-3 year window. Worry about years 3-5 later


By that time we should be fully into the prime Elko Dynasty years. If the Cowboys suck no problem, the Aggies will be playing for and winning Natty's every other year so we'll all be happy!!!

Am I right guys... fellas... I'm right... aren't I... hello... anyone......

An L of an Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
jr15aggie said:

Big_Time_Timmy_Jim said:

Agree completely. Shove the chips all in and leverage the future for the now. 2-3 year window. Worry about years 3-5 later


By that time we should be fully into the prime Elko Dynasty years. If the Cowboys suck no problem, the Aggies will be playing for and winning Natty's every other year so we'll all be happy!!!

Am I right guys... fellas... I'm right... aren't I... hello... anyone......




Deep breaths man, you're not crazy. I'm kinda thinking this way a bit as well. Aggie football should be elite enough soon to emotionally wallpaper over the Cowboys window closing when Dak retires, if we go this route.

Hell, Aggie BASEBALL might be back up to competing for championships by then too. Which would be great since that's about when the Astros will finally crater.

Yeah, I'm one of those Astros/Cowboys/Spurs fans. Fight me.
Vince Blake
How long do you want to ignore this user?
jr15aggie said:

Big_Time_Timmy_Jim said:

Agree completely. Shove the chips all in and leverage the future for the now. 2-3 year window. Worry about years 3-5 later


By that time we should be fully into the prime Elko Dynasty years. If the Cowboys suck no problem, the Aggies will be playing for and winning Natty's every other year so we'll all be happy!!!

Am I right guys... fellas... I'm right... aren't I... hello... anyone......



All I do is Nguyen
How long do you want to ignore this user?
An L of an Ag said:

Yeah, I'm one of those Astros/Cowboys/Spurs fans. Fight me.
My kinda people
No matter what!
Epstein didn't do, you know, the thing...
I'm the rare Astros/Cowboys/Spurs fan. We do exist
Woods Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
All I do is Nguyen said:

An L of an Ag said:

Yeah, I'm one of those Astros/Cowboys/Spurs fans. Fight me.

My kinda people

Amen.. I'm a Cowboys, Astros, Rockets fan, but I have a soft spot for the Spurs bc I love basketball the most and gosh if the Spurs haven't been an amazing organization for a very long time.
Woods Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
jr15aggie said:

cman1494 said:

Shoot, trade for Crosby and Vita Vea!

F them picks!

This is time for win-now mode in a 2 year window. If that doesn't work, blow it all up and start over with a new QB. But Dak is in his prime, has a great offense around him - now is the time!


The draft brings me too much joy every year... don't F them picks, love them picks!!!!


But I do not disagree with the thought... we are no longer trying to build a Dak Dynasty. We are in very real danger of accomplishing absolutely nothing with 2 "really good" franchise QBs over the span of 20+ years.

There is no telling how long it will be before we find our next franchise QB... the time is now.

Very much so. I've been off the Dak train for a very long time, but the franchise is not. Jerry doesnt want to die without a championship and so we are married to Dak, so get it done NOW.

GP and a pick for Crosby is crazy. GP is our best WR. He's crazy, but he's the work horse that Dak needs. He NEEDS him to be successful. CD Lamb is flash. Flash doesnt show up every day. Sell CD if you have to sell a WR. My opinion, its worth nothing, but thats how I see it.

Preferrably we have both the workhorse and the flash, and we can sell picks and one of our young DEs for Maxx.
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.