*** DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS *** (Spoilers)

46,690 Views | 645 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Sea Speed
Gigem314
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
While I still liked her arc, I do get where you're coming from. It would have been nice to see some of Wanda's transformation from the post-credits scene in WandaVision to just before Strange shows up. Even if they'd put together some kind extended teaser that just focused on Wanda.
Quad Dog
AG
Gigem314 said:

While I still liked her arc, I do get where you're coming from. It would have been nice to see some of Wanda's transformation from the post-credits scene in WandaVision to just before Strange shows up. Even if they'd put together some kind extended teaser that just focused on Wanda.
Her evil reveal to Strange (and the audience) was pretty great though.
Gigem314
AG
Yeah, I wasn't expecting that. To see her lift the spell and show the burnt terrain, coupled with the music, was a nice surprise. I didn't think she would go 'dark' until halfway into the movie, but they led with it.
bobinator
AG
Maybe it's because I saw this on a Monday afternoon in a mostly empty theater as opposed to like a crowded opening weekend theater but that moment didn't really hit me as an 'oh ****' moment. It was more like "yeah, here we go..."
swimmerbabe11
I may or may not have been the worst person ever and whispered "HE NEVER SAID HER NAME"

oops.
C@LAg
Andyzipp said:

C@LAg said:

rhutton125 said:

Did they ever say any of that in the movie? About Chthon and stuff?

nah. Just "the first demon". but the story beat i posited is likely what they were going with here.,
Actually, Wong does name drop Chthon when they get inside Wundagore, but it goes pretty quickly. I missed it the first time I saw it, but caught it the second time through.
guess I missed that as well.
TexasAggie_02
AG
i missed it as well

https://marvelcinematicuniverse.fandom.com/wiki/Chthon

Here's the quote"

Quote:

"Eons ago, the first demon, Chthon, carved his dark magic into this tomb. These same spells were later transcribed into the Darkhold."

Wong to Scarlet Witch[url=https://marvelcinematicuniverse.fandom.com/wiki/Scarlet_Witch][/url]
redline248
AG
Be honest, at the beginning when America was describing being chased by a demon, how many of you went "Mephisto?"
AgfromHOU
AG
redline248 said:

Be honest, at the beginning when America was describing being chased by a demon, how many of you went "Mephisto?"

I was thinking Morbius
C@LAg
This pretty much nails my take on it, and probably that of many here who have a problem with Wanda's arc.

The main analysis is just the first 10 minutes, you can skip everything else (although the discussion is really good)

rhutton125
AG
Just had a thought. Somewhere in the storyline involving Kang, two powered teens can also spill over into 616. Later they can be revealed to be Wanda's kids from another timeline.

Just because they didn't join 616 here doesn't mean they couldn't eventually - and eventually they could find a living-a-quiet-life-as-penance Wanda. That could be her way back into things. And maybe she seeks out White Vision!
C@LAg
rhutton125 said:

Just had a thought. Somewhere in the storyline involving Kang, two powered teens can also spill over into 616. Later they can be revealed to be Wanda's kids from another timeline.

Just because they didn't join 616 here doesn't mean they couldn't eventually - and eventually they could find a living-a-quiet-life-as-penance Wanda. That could be her way back into things. And maybe she seeks out White Vision!
could keep it simpler.

she has significantly leveled up in power since the kids were created pre-Darkholde.

She probably could will them into existence as is now.

or she could manipulate Vision to have a functional "USB dongle" and "download some kids"
:-)
maroon barchetta
TexasAggie_02 said:

lol. i was just thinking, Strange was able to open a portal from Titan to Earth. We have not been able to see Wanda achieve teleportation. The closest is using the mirror reflections to get out of the trap at Kamar Taj. Strange could have literally portaled America to another planet, roll credits.

Also, Strange managed to get his sling ring pick pocketed 2 movies in a row by a teenager.

Refresh my memory on when this happened? I'm drawing a blank and can't place it.
C@LAg
maroon barchetta said:

TexasAggie_02 said:

lol. i was just thinking, Strange was able to open a portal from Titan to Earth. We have not been able to see Wanda achieve teleportation. The closest is using the mirror reflections to get out of the trap at Kamar Taj. Strange could have literally portaled America to another planet, roll credits.

Also, Strange managed to get his sling ring pick pocketed 2 movies in a row by a teenager.

Refresh my memory on when this happened? I'm drawing a blank and can't place it.
Assumption, my guess.; Strange was on/died on Titan, but was back on Earth to open all the portals for Endgame.

He could have hopped a ride with the Guardians back to earth, but could have also portaled.
texasaggie04
AG
maroon barchetta said:

TexasAggie_02 said:

Returning to earth post snap. To fight the big battle.
texasaggie04
AG
wangus12 said:

texasaggie04 said:

This movie is bottom tier for me, no desire to watch again. Maybe because I'm not a horror fan or can't name a single movie by Raimi, but I couldn't figure out what was the point. One minute it's a bad 80s slasher film, the next minute it's a zombie movie. Maybe that was the point, to fit the theme of a multiverse...?

Various trailers and speculation about the Illuminati were all but pointless, as it seems to have been no more than a cameo to appease the masses.

For me, this felt the kind of movie that would have been a Netflix exclusive with poor reviews except it featured marvel characters so it'll make a billion dollars.
You didn't know that he directed the Tobey Maguire Spiderman Trilogy?

I did not, actually. Don't pay much attention to that stuff. An example, the only actor I can name from the illuminati would be Patrick Stewart. And then Peggy Carter I think is Haley something. Couldn't name the real name of any of the rest of the actors.

So I don't know the director's style and maybe this is all normal for his stuff. I just wasn't a fan.
sburg2007
Not even Jim halpert from the office?!
C@LAg
sburg2007 said:

Not even Jim halpert from the office?!
i have never seen an episode of the Office, so that reference means nothing to me
schmendeler
AG
Take a break from the comics for a bit
sburg2007
Well you my friend, have been deprived. I'm guessing it's a point of pride at this point though.
C@LAg
sburg2007 said:

Well you my friend, have been deprived. I'm guessing it's a point of pride at this point though.
also no 30 Rock, COmmunity or Parks & Rec.

and maybe 20-24 episodes only of Seinfeld.
C@LAg
sburg2007 said:

I'm guessing it's a point of pride at this point though.
yes, too much other stuff to watch to go back to that stuff at this point.
sburg2007
I'm with you Seinfeld and only a few episodes of the others. I also watched the office while in college. It was stop down Thursday night tv before going out.
Ornithopter
AG
No Scrubs or Fraiser either huh
BowSowy
AG
At this point, anyone who claims they haven't watched an episode of the office is saying that as some strange point of pride. Given it's colag, there's no doubt.
C@LAg
BowSowy said:

At this point, anyone who claims they haven't watched an episode of the office is saying that as some strange point of pride. Given it's colag, there's no doubt.
i guess you missed the post 3 above yours.
BowSowy
AG
C@LAg said:

BowSowy said:

The ones where you said you haven't watched other popular shows? Yeah, I saw those. Here's the attention you seek
C@LAg
BowSowy said:

C@LAg said:

BowSowy said:

The ones where you said you haven't watched other popular shows? Yeah, I saw those. Here's the attention you seek
Someone's got a case of the Mondays!

TCTTS
AG
VERY helpful in explaining where this is all likely headed…

TCTTS
AG
Granted, it sounds complicated as hell - maybe *too* complicated for a chunk of audiences - but it at least offers a probable idea of a potential roadmap or two.
C@LAg
TCTTS said:

Granted, it sounds complicated as hell - maybe *too* complicated for a chunk of audiences - but it at least offers a probable idea of a potential roadmap or two.
I just do not see them going all the way to Battleworld for the reboot.

I could see a series of incursions occur across several movies culminating into a final incursion of the MCU universe vs the one other and then the reboot occurring from that point. So Secret Wars would be planning and trying to save the MCU Universe, with Kang/Doom/whomever battling it out, and the hero teams/team-ups ebbing and flowing and then we get to the final incursion and reboot from there.

That said, they are building up a wide (but shallow) roster of characters across the TV shows and movies, so who knows.

Regardless, we really have nothing to work with at this time but endless speculation.
C@LAg
also, I wonder if Strange knowing about the Illuminati may be what sends him out to find Prof X and the Mutants in the MCU. would be a straightforward way to intro them, with them having kept themselves on the downlow for all this time (kind of like the Eternals have been doing).
TexasAggie_02
AG
C@LAg said:

maroon barchetta said:

TexasAggie_02 said:

Assumption, my guess.; Strange was on/died on Titan, but was back on Earth to open all the portals for Endgame.

He could have hopped a ride with the Guardians back to earth, but could have also portaled.

They literally show all the titan folks walking thru a portal. Also, the guardians on titan don't have a ship anymore bc Tony and nebula took it back to earth.

redline248
AG
Random question, do Celestials exist in the other universes?
bobinator
AG
This video does nail it for me.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.