*** DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS *** (Spoilers)

46,728 Views | 645 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Sea Speed
fig96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
jeffk said:

schmendeler said:

I guess "human flourishing" is the new term in use.

It's fine to have homosexual couples in media as long as they're not happy.
They should be miserable like everybody else!
The Porkchop Express
fat girlfriend said:

When Christian parents wouldn't let their kids watch The Love Boat in the 80s, they were mocked.
I think parents didn't let kids watch the Love Boat because it was ****ing awful.

SINNERS!

WARNING: I have a deep-seated desire for others to love the Star Wars franchise as much as I do, in exactly the way I do, and get snippy and sensitive and passive-aggressive when they don't.
AgfromHOU
AG
Pretty sure it's time to move on. You're beating a dead horse. You aren't convincing anyone, and nobody is convincing you. You stated your opinion, now move on.
fat girlfriend
fig96 said:

Who wants to tell him it's from the original comic?
Published in like 2015.
schmendeler
AG
This is same mentality that fought the removal of anti-miscegenation laws. "it's against the natural order!"
fat girlfriend
AgfromHOU said:

Pretty sure it's time to move on. You're beating a dead horse. You aren't convincing anyone, and nobody is convincing you. You stated your opinion, now move on.
You're welcome to direct that comment to everyone.
AgfromHOU
AG
I do, every time stuff like this happens
The Porkchop Express
Waiting to hear fat girlfriend weigh in on Ms Marvel next.
WARNING: I have a deep-seated desire for others to love the Star Wars franchise as much as I do, in exactly the way I do, and get snippy and sensitive and passive-aggressive when they don't.
Sbisa04
AG
Soooo back to the movie. Just streamed it last night so sorry for late reply but agree with most complaints here; still enjoyed it for what it was.

Been thinking about the Illuminati fight and wanted to throw this out for discussion. I know good guys are required to talk down the big bad before fighting but was curious if you guys think the fight could have gone different in another universe where they came in aggressive with a plan? Or was SW just too OP/angry to be stopped?
fat girlfriend
Well, the tolerant, loving, moral crowd ran me off. It's tough being a sexual heretic in a crowd of good new western church people.
TCTTS
AG
We're being intolerant of YOUR backwards intolerance. As we, or anyone else, should be. JFC, you are the worst.
AgfromHOU
AG
You're showing zero tolerance, so way to be a hypocrite here.

Bye.
fat girlfriend
TCTTS said:

We're being intolerant of YOUR backwards intolerance. As we, or anyone else, should be. JFC, you are the worst.
Except that most people in the world, and the vast majority of people through human history, agree with me. But you do have the power of the western world on your side at the moment.

Remember when President Obama was opposed to gay marriage? My God, how fast culture has shifted! And how certain you guys are in your new teaching on sexual functioning!
The Porkchop Express
Sbisa04 said:

Soooo back to the movie. Just streamed it last night so sorry for late reply but agree with most complaints here; still enjoyed it for what it was.

Been thinking about the Illuminati fight and wanted to throw this out for discussion. I know good guys are required to talk down the big bad before fighting but was curious if you guys think the fight could have gone different in another universe where they came in aggressive with a plan? Or was SW just too OP/angry to be stopped?
it seems like Professor X could have killed her from literally anywhere if he wanted to. Sort of like my problem with every Superman/Batman fight of all time. Superman could shoot Batman with heat vision from 50 miles away.
AgfromHOU
AG
He was trying to help her. Was way too naive.
The Porkchop Express
AgfromHOU said:

He was trying to help her. Was way too naive.
Sbisa was asking if it would have been different if they had come in intent on killing her rather than talking her down.
AgfromHOU
AgfromHOU
AG
My bad. Got my wires all crossed.
Sbisa04
AG
Yes it seemed like Reed did not take her seriously at all which was weird
The Porkchop Express
AgfromHOU said:

My bad. Got my wires all crossed.
They don't want you showing that on the big screen!
Sbisa04
AG
True there always has to be some give and take with super powered battles I guess

I just would have preferred a longer fight utilizing them all rather than just Marvel (eh) and Carter (too underpowered)
TCTTS
AG
fat girlfriend said:

TCTTS said:

Except that most people in the world, and the vast majority of people through human history, agree with me. But you do have the power of the western world on your side at the moment.

Remember when President Obama was opposed to gay marriage? My God, how fast culture has shifted! And how certain you guys are in your new teaching on sexual functioning!

"Most people in the world" also once believed it was flat or that slavery was acceptable. Yet, we evolve, despite people like you trying so desperately to hold us back. Really, if this is your argument, I'm more mad at myself than I already was for engaging you in the first place. So we're done here.
The Porkchop Express
Sbisa04 said:

True there always has to be some give and take with super powered battles I guess

I just would have preferred a longer fight utilizing them all rather than just Marvel (eh) and Carter (too underpowered)
That was done to remind you that men are weak and only women are awesome. Also in the post-credits scene, they showed that Black Marvel and Female Cap are gay and married in that multiverse and they have 7 kids.
c-jags
fig96 said:

Who wants to tell him it's from the original comic?

I'm not saying she wasn't written as that but that, but she was also created after Marvel was bought by Disney and they declared they were going to be pushing their view of diversity.

Same as Miss Marvel.

I'm not saying it's good or bad about their creation of comic characters. I know a lot of people like Miss Marvel. Again not bad, but also not organic as you're trying to present it.
MASAXET
AG
TCTTS said:

fat girlfriend said:

TCTTS said:

"Most people in the world" also once believed it was flat or that slavery was acceptable. Yet, we evolve, despite people like you trying so desperately to hold us back. Really, if this is your argument, I'm more mad at myself than I already was for engaging you in the first place. So we're done here.
I'm only shocked that no one has made equal fun of benfiasco's ridiculous immigrant take a couple of pages back. Not sure if that shows progress from the board or not.

But, yeah, in any event: ignore fat girlfriend's BS.
maroon barchetta
Y'all are falling all over yourselves to respond to this troll.

Just quit responding and he will talk to himself like Redstone.
The Collective
AG
Don't know what is happening in here but giving this movie another shot right now. So far, having a difficult time getting into it.
TCTTS
AG
Must have missed that.
AgfromHOU
AG
You're seeing an over correction after so many years of mainly straight and mainly white people dominating comics.

It'll level out at some point, but there are almost 80 years to make up for.
TCTTS
AG
This. Very well said. I've never understood how/why people don't see this as nothing more than a phase/moment/growing pains. So chill with the hysterics. It'll all level out eventually. Also, the more people b*tch and push back, the more it makes the "others" want to shove it down their throats. On both sides.
c-jags
I don't disagree with either of your points.

I just think people should be fair to criticize bad acting/writing fairly if the product is bad in the name of diversity.

Nobody *****es about Holt in B99. Nobody complains about the dads in Modern Family. Nobody had an issue with Miss Doubtfire. Because the product was genuinely good.

Totally get underrepresentation and the current overreach as a result, but when the product sucks we should get to say so.

ETA: I haven't seen MoM yet. We will this weekend. I'm not speaking one way or another about America's performance in this movie.
rhutton125
AG
She's fine, there's just not a lot of her. And her gay parents are one flashback scene.

I wonder when they'll rip the bandaid off and have an actual out and out gay hero. If it's not Valkyrie in 2 weeks we might have to wait until Iceman holds hands with someone in the final montage of the first X-Men film in 2026. Until then, nothing but glimpses and teases.
TCTTS
AG
c-jags said:

I don't disagree with either of your points.

I just think people should be fair to criticize bad acting/writing fairly if the product is bad in the name of diversity.

Nobody *****es about Holt in B99. Nobody complains about the dads in Modern Family. Nobody had an issue with Miss Doubtfire. Because the product was genuinely good.

Totally get underrepresentation and the current overreach as a result, but when the product sucks we should get to say so.

ETA: I haven't seen MoM yet. We will this weekend. I'm not speaking one way or another about America's performance in this movie.

In 100% agreement. I'm not at all against critiquing this stuff, and often it *is* shoehorned, forced, worthy of being called out, etc. However, I'm just saying that, more often than not, it's pretty obvious when someone is complaining about the filmmaking/forced wokeness of it all - vs. - soapboxing/preaching about the morality/sin or whatever of it all. And in fat girlfriend's case, it was painfully clear from the jump that it was the latter.
The Collective
AG
It isn't a terrible movie, just a forgettable one. I think it is tough to make movies to stand up to the run that lead up to Endgame (followed by NWH). I'm still confused where they go from here.
Brock Sampson
AG
Marvel has to top Thanos. Feel like that will take years of setting up the multiverse/villains/new heroes. I'm staying optimistic.

I've enjoyed all the recent marvel projects, but they have so many great movies it's hard to break into the top. This movie was good in that we got to experience a small scope of just what the multiverse is. I mean we got F4 and X-Men. Pretty big deal.

Just keep making quality Spider-Man movies and I'll be good.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.