*** DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS *** (Spoilers)

46,552 Views | 645 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Sea Speed
dave94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just started a rewatch of the IMAX version on Disney+. It looks so great!!!

Edit: I did really enjoy this, love that they let Raimi take it pretty dark.

Also, the "Assembled" behind the scenes doc is worth a watch imo.
jeffk
AG
The Assembled episode was pretty cool. Interestingly, they covered pretty much every big "spoiler-ish" moment in the movie except for Mr. Fantastic.
dave94
AG
jeffk said:

The Assembled episode was pretty cool. Interestingly, they covered pretty much every big "spoiler-ish" moment in the movie except for Mr. Fantastic.
That was very strange. Lol
Legal Custodian
AG
Just got done watching it, and was disappointed. I thought it was one of the weakest Marvel movies Ive seen.

Thought it was very predictable, America was a terrible actor, and did anyone find the graphics to be lacking? Weirdly enough Strange took too much away from the Scarlet Witch's story, and the story he did have was unimpressive.

It feels like they wasted this performance of Elizabeth Olsen and power of Scarlet Witch on a weak story.
dave94
AG
Legal Custodian said:

Just got done watching it, and was disappointed. I thought it was one of the weakest Marvel movies Ive seen.

Thought it was very predictable, America was a terrible actor, and did anyone find the graphics to be lacking? Weirdly enough Strange took too much away from the Scarlet Witch's story, and the story he did have was unimpressive.

It feels like they wasted this performance of Elizabeth Olsen and power of Scarlet Witch on a weak story.

I am so on the other side of your takes.

I thought Xochitl Gomez was perfect in this. She's freaking 16 and was able to come off so real, and funny, and everything that was needed.

And I thought that Wanda had an amazing arc. I like that they didn't give us the backstory of how she got there. Elizabeth Olsen was freaking top notch in this. Nothing weak about her motivations, the turn to bad, and the final realization of what she had become.

This is definitely rewatchable, as I've done a few times now.
rhutton125
AG
I think where things go sideways for Chavez is once the Illuminati is introduced. Once they're in that 838 prison cube thing she has a few lines of dialogue, but then it's all Illuminati, Wanda attacks, Strange fights Mordo, then they finally grab her and go but then she's caught and taken back to 616.

That's like a 30-minute stretch where she sits in a box, runs, then gets tied to a slab. No real chance to develop or be anything more than a plot device. Barely any dialogue. It's fine for a Doctor Strange film but they went for fun fan service over her, and as a result she kinda disappears from the movie.
jeffk
AG
Good point. She was engaging and funny through the first half of the movie. Good chemistry with Strange and Wong.
DallasTeleAg
dave94 said:

This is definitely rewatchable, as I've done a few times now.
You've watched this movie a few times?

I can't imagine a scenario where I would force myself to watch this movie for a second time.
Madmarttigan
AG
I'm debating which movie is worse between this and Thor. I liked the Thor ending more but it started out really really bad because I guess the comedy was just missing on me.
Formerly tv1113
jdog01
Geez, watched Dr. Strange MoM today and Thor LaT last week. Both sucked beyond belief.

All in all, I'd say my love for Marvel has dropped off a cliff since End Game. (Although SMNWH was great). I suppose all good things must come to an end… oh well, at least there's football.
The Porkchop Express
Guess your main account is banned?
WARNING: I have a deep-seated desire for others to love the Star Wars franchise as much as I do, in exactly the way I do, and get snippy and sensitive and passive-aggressive when they don't.
YouBet
AG
jdog01 said:

Geez, watched Dr. Strange MoM today and Thor LaT last week. Both sucked beyond belief.

All in all, I'd say my love for Marvel has dropped off a cliff since End Game. (Although SMNWH was great). I suppose all good things must come to an end… oh well, at least there's football.
C@LAg
The Porkchop Express said:

Guess your main account is banned?
or maybe his opinion that both movies sucked is perfectly valid.
Sea Speed
AG
This movie was absolutely terrible. Woof. Same with the latest thor. I stepped away from marvel after endgame but decided to watch these on D+ because I like both characters but good lord won't be making that mistake again. Marvel seems like a dumpster fire now.
FaceMask
Sea Speed said:

This movie was absolutely terrible. Woof. Same with the latest thor. I stepped away from marvel after endgame but decided to watch these on D+ because I like both characters but good lord won't be making that mistake again. Marvel seems like a dumpster fire now.

Agreed, but watch Spider-Man: No way Home
Sea Speed
AG
Thats the only other thing I'll be watching but it isn't on d+ that I saw yet. I actually wanted to see it in the theater but couldn't get around to it.

The new phase of marvel feels like it is a completely different studio with different people running things, and they are really down to some bush league characters and everything is just sloppy and terrible from my experience.I'm pretty sure the casual fan no longer knows half these characters. I was really in to xmen growing up and I had never heard of illuminati. I haven't heard of loads of these other characters either. I think a lot of people were kind of done after endgame because everything they knew was nicely wrapped up in that movie and everything that wasn't is has seemingly zero direction now and is uninteresting and stupid. Its hard to care about.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.