*** DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS *** (Spoilers)

46,694 Views | 645 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Sea Speed
KCup17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I would assume so, since each universe has its own origin unless they all started at a singular origin and then branched out from there... Thats an interesting question.
C@LAg
TexasAggie_02 said:

They literally show all the titan folks walking thru a portal. Also, the guardians on titan don't have a ship anymore bc Tony and nebula took it back to earth.

Yeah, well.. um...

I've never seen Endgame?
JCRiley09
AG
Not what I was expecting. After being spoiled with the spidermen in No Way Home, I've mostly avoided discussion and speculation, so the horror-ish parts came out of no where for me.

I thought something was off about the early dialogue between Strange, Wong, and America. Something didn't feel "Marvel" about it. I can't put my finger on it, but it gave me a feeling of "I'm only watching this so I understand the next movie" for the remainder of the show.
redline248
AG
Quote:

I thought something was off about the early dialogue between Strange, Wong, and America. Something didn't feel "Marvel" about it. I can't put my finger on it, but it gave me a feeling of "I'm only watching this so I understand the next movie" for the remainder of the show.
That's only b/c Dr. Strange cast that spell and you can't remember who Spider-man is.
fig96
AG
Ok, finally saw this last night and did a pretty great job avoiding spoilers, only thing that got spoiled for me was Reed Richards like hours before my showing (damn you Twitter muted words) and of course Xavier because we apparently don't know how not to spoil really cool things in the FREAKIN' COMMERCIALS.

So...it was fun. Not great, but fun. Some interesting moments, couple fun jump scares, and the whole multiple versions of characters made for some cool interactions. I really liked Wong in this one, he doesn't often get the chance to really be a badass and I enjoyed seeing him step into this role.

One kind of odd thing, and apologies if it's already been discussed, but this felt a bit...unrefined? Like compared to the ultra slick sequences that the Russos and other MCU directors have pulled off, moments in this really kinda felt like Raimi's Spiderman films with regards to the look/cinematography/etc. That in itself isn't inherently a bad thing, but for me it was noticeable and a bit of a throwback. Curious if anyone else felt the same.
bobinator
AG
Unrefined is maybe a good way to put it. I didn't really have a good way of explaining this either other than just some of the sequences felt off somehow.
jeffk
AG
I thought a lot of the dialogue was a step below what we've seen in other recent MCU films. Just not a lot of soul, which I know is an impossible thing to quantify.
rhutton125
AG
Two awkward things that stood out to me in the moment:

1) Strange shoots serpents at Wanda, Wanda does something cool to defend it. Wong stands there for like 15 seconds.

2) Captain Carter introduces herself by chucking her shield at the wall for no reason.

Kinda dumb
redline248
AG
I wonder if Strange even knew Peggy in our universe
TexasAggie_02
AG
Wong is a by the book sorcerer. He makes portals, shields, swords, and ropes. He's pretty boring, but reliable.

brew82
Saw it last night. Unlike a lot of other posters I did not like Krasinski and Theron having parts. I think they should have used less familiar faces. I also didn't care for the acting of the America Chavez actress, reminded me too much of Dora the Explorer.

Olsen and Cumberbatch were fantastic. The fight scenes were awesome as well.

One thing that bothered me was when Dr. Strange slowed Scarlet Witch down, in the tunnels towards the end of the chase, and they went through the door to get the book, there was no state of urgency. He said that was only going to give them a little time. Instead of running toward the book they just stand around and talk.

Also, the guy sitting two seats down from me fell asleep and started snoring loudly towards the end of the movie. That got a pretty good laugh.
jeffk
AG
rhutton125 said:

2) Captain Carter introduces herself by chucking her shield at the wall for no reason.

Kinda dumb

I give her a pass on that. If I could bounce a metal shield around off of things with pinpoint precision, I'd probably do it nonstop and without heed to the appropriateness of the situation.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
rhutton125 said:

Two awkward things that stood out to me in the moment:

1) Strange shoots serpents at Wanda, Wanda does something cool to defend it. Wong stands there for like 15 seconds.

Wanda comes to attack and all the recruits are using defensive spells, but the sorcerer supreme and dr. Strange stand there and watch?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
h1ag
AG
Just walked out of my first movie since Spice World in junior high. That was a jumbled, hot, steamy pile right?

Kind of sucks because The first Strange movie was my favorite of all the phase 1 stuff. All the complaints of wandavision and moon knight blown onto imax, then they said "Raimi try to remake evil dead 2 on top of this mess."
TCTTS
AG
THIS was the movie that brought you back to theaters???
jeffk
AG
TCTTS said:

Only momentarily.
h1ag
AG
As in, walked out before the end, not first time I've been to the movies since the 90s.
maroon barchetta
TCTTS said:

This was the first one he has walked out of since Spice World. He didn't see it's the first movie he has attended since then.

But LOL at him attending even one minute of Spice World.
rhutton125
AG
I was imagining some scenario where you thought Spice World couldn't be topped, and you swore off movies for almost 30 years.
swimmerbabe11
okay but for serious, at what part did you leave? i've only ever left one movie and it was like 4 minutes before the end and it was the notebook..so we all knew what was happening. im curous what was the point where you harumphed out and couldnt take it anymore
RikkiTikkaTagem
AG
rhutton125 said:

I was imagining some scenario where you thought Spice World couldn't be topped, and you swore off movies for almost 30 years.

Now that is a multiverse of madness
FincAg
AG
Because I haven't read any of this thread do to spoilers, can someone pinpoint when this will go Disney+ ? Me and my boys would love to know.

45 days?
60 days?
90 days?
BowSowy
AG
Saw this tonight. I liked it, but I wouldn't put it near the top of marvel movies. I thought this would be the movie that started to give us an idea about where phase 4 of MCU was going, but it didn't. Like TCTTS has been saying, it's crazy that we're this far into the next chapter and don't have a clue what the next big conflict is going to be.

The trailers fooled me. I thought I saw zombie Wanda and the all powerful Strange from What If.

Can someone explain to me why Strange got the third eye, and what does that mean? I was confused by that.

Also, as a side note. I had heard there was a mid- and post-credits scene. My wife wanted to leave after the first, and then gave me crap that we sat through the credits to see that last scene. Also, who was that woman in the mid-credits scene?
Sex Panther
AG
Charlize Theron
YNWA_AG
AG
maroon barchetta
That would have been a huge surprise.
fig96
AG
Not to tangent, but waking out of a movie in general is the weirdest idea to me. This wasn't a top tier MCU film by any means, but so bad that it's the first film you've walked out in 25+ years?
swimmerbabe11
I'm still laughing literally out loud every time I think about the spice world comparison, like uncontrollable snort laughs. like on video chats and can't control my face. I dont know why that's the funniest thing to me in a while, but it is.

also, I loved that movie, but I was the target demo at the time.

still, what was the catalyst of the exodus? I dont get what makes people leave unless it is too gory to bear or blasphemously offensive or something.
Saxsoon
AG
Didn't walk out of Thor 2 but out of this
Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2012
swimmerbabe11
man I really need to rewatch Thor 2, because I recall enjoying it and I apparently I'm the only person on all of Texags.

and maybe reread the original thread on it.
schmendeler
AG
I think spring breakers was the only movie I've walked out of. I just realized I wanted to spend my time doing something else about 15-20 minutes in.
redline248
AG
I like Thor 2, but I don't need my superhero movies to be masterpieces. I'd rather watch it than IM3 or Incredible Hulk. Or Captain Marvel.
RikkiTikkaTagem
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

man I really need to rewatch Thor 2, because I recall enjoying it and I apparently I'm the only person on all of Texags.

and maybe reread the original thread on it.

I liked it too. Didn't have the courage to admit it publicly till now
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I rewatched Dark World a couple years ago and didn't find it that terrible. I mean it's a competently made movie with an entertaining Loki performance. There are much worse movies in the MCU. (Such as all the ones redline mentioned.)

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.