*** DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS *** (Spoilers)

46,751 Views | 645 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Sea Speed
LB12Diamond
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Very so so movie

So why tell someone that can change reality about a persons main weapon. That was pretty bad writing.
Mister Shipwreck
I thought it was a good movie
maroon barchetta
schmendeler said:

Saw it today. Loved the Illuminati cameos. Seeing professor X was awesome. Cool to see John Krasinski. I laughed out loud when Black Bolt blew his own brains out. That was savage.

I stopped reading the comics as a young teen, maybe earlier. I have no memory of Black Bolt. Is he more recent?

Glad to see Jim Halpert as Reed Richards.
Claude!
swimmerbabe11 said:

okay, I got super annoyed every time someone called them her "fake" kids.

They were very very real to her. So when you are trying to reason with someone who has lost their complete marbles..maybe we don't be super mean about the way we say "they aren't real!" She lost *everyone* who mattered to her over the course of the MCU. Her life was real crappy. So when she created them, they were real to her. Plus, don't they end up becoming real characters later? like they are somewhat real arent they?

90% of villains become that way because of some tragic thing that happened in their life.
Wanda:
maroon barchetta
schmendeler
AG
Looks like he debuted in 1965?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Bolt
maroon barchetta
schmendeler said:

Weird that I never heard of him then.

Sounds a lot like Banshee from X-Men.
RikkiTikkaTagem
AG
maroon barchetta said:

schmendeler said:

Weird that I never heard of him then.

Sounds a lot like Banshee from X-Men.

We'll if you had heard him, you'd be dead.

<marvel dad jokes>
maroon barchetta
rhutton125
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

90% of villains become that way because of some tragic thing that happened in their life.

Very good point. If Wenwu can be a great villain because he thinks he hears his dead wife in his dreams, she can be too since she sees and relives time with the children she raised.

Though I'm glad the Darkhold is also partially to blame. Wanda is one of the all-time Avengers greats but all people on the internet want is House of M, a ****ty character-ruining event where she arbitrarily creates a world where Magneto is in power. This makes a lot more sense.
swimmerbabe11
exactly. with "fake children" ..she controls reality. who can tell her what is real or fake? try telling black bolt his mouth wasn't really sealed.

look at what is going on in moon knight's life? no one is saying Steven or Marc aren't real.

A person who has gone through what she has is obviously going to have serious issues.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Thomas Little
AG
Saw it tonight. That was... not good. At all. Really wish I hadn't taken my kid to see it (10 years old). The whole scene at the end was too much for a kid. That stuff is fine for other films, but not for MCU films which every kid wants to see. We don't read or watch spoilers before movies so they'll be fun and exciting. I might have to rethink that.
Thomas Little
AG
I have to say, and most here will probably disagree. I love superhero movies, but they've mostly been highly disappointing lately. Dr. Strange and the Multiverse was not good. Eternals was terrible.

Marvel is losing my interest fast. Especially with the multiverse junk.

DC went to crap a long time ago. Those have become almost unwatchable for me.
C@LAg
so how come no one actually checked to confirm that Wanda was dead?

I mean, as Sorcerer Supreme, having just gone through all that, I think that would be my absolute top priority.
Red Five
AG
rhutton125 said:

Though I'm glad the Darkhold is also partially to blame. Wanda is one of the all-time Avengers greats but all people on the internet want is House of M, a ****ty character-ruining event where she arbitrarily creates a world where Magneto is in power. This makes a lot more sense.

Point of order: she didn't do that arbitrarily, Quicksilver convinced her to do it in order to keep the Avengers from killing her for being too great a danger to humanity.
C@LAg
Red Five said:

Point of order: she didn't do that arbitrarily, Quicksilver convinced her to do it in order to keep the Avengers from killing her for being too great a danger to humanity.
Point of order: It was Doctor Doom manipulating her all along.
maroon barchetta
Thomas Little said:

Saw it tonight. That was... not good. At all. Really wish I hadn't taken my kid to see it (10 years old). The whole scene at the end was too much for a kid. That stuff is fine for other films, but not for MCU films which every kid wants to see. We don't read or watch spoilers before movies so they'll be fun and exciting. I might have to rethink that.

There were numerous warnings from people on the non-spoiler thread/general MCU thread saying "you might want to see this first before you take your kids".

I avoided all spoilers prior to seeing it today but I did see those warnings.
Red Five
AG
C@LAg said:

Red Five said:

Given a long enough timeline, it's always Doom.
maroon barchetta
Who would win in a fight:

Dormamu or Galactus?
C@LAg
maroon barchetta said:

Who would win in a fight:

Dormamu or Galactus?
galactus.

not even close.

even if it was in the dark dimension. still galactus.

https://screenrant.com/galactus-dormammu-fight-win-strongest-powerful-best-comics/
swimmerbabe11
oh no! was the kiddo scared? I was worried that might happen.

I really liked the eternals. I think everyone was crazy.

the longer I am away from this movie, the more I like it. I think of like ant man was a heist movie, this was a horror movie. they all have different genres while still being mcu..this is just taking me longer to sit with.
maroon barchetta
Eternals was slower than watching a car rust.
Thomas Little
AG
I don't look at the threads before seeing the movies. Just watch the trailers. But in the past all we've needed to know is it's an MCU movie and we're going.
fightinags2013
AG
Logged in just to blue star that
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
C@LAg said:

Red Five said:

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Xochitl Gomez (America Chavez) was all of 1 year old when Iron Man filmed.
C@LAg
we are/were talking about House of M.

MBAR
AG
Dr. Horrible said:

I absolutely loved this one. Seems like a lot of the negativity stems from it just not being the movie people wanted it to be as opposed to watching and appreciating what it was.

I can't wait to see where they take everything from here. It felt like a finished story while also setting up so many more possibilities for the future.
Honestly, I feel thats the reason people dislike a lot of current popular culture. Not that everything has to be for everyone, but people build up these narratives on what they think the story is going to be and when its something else they are just disappointed.
02skiag
AG
I really enjoyed it. I avoid as much as possible before movies and had no idea Wanda would be the bad guy. I loved how creepy she was, it was very unexpected for me.
rhutton125
AG
I kinda get it if anyone thinks this negates any growth Wanda has in WandaVision. It's like she comes to terms with herself in episode 8, really comes into her own as a hero in episode 9, and then that 10-second post-credits scene says "lol jk" and sets her on a path to murder a bunch of people the next time we see her.

Again, the Darkhold is largely to blame, so I give it a pass. But I guess it's like Thor being king for 5 seconds at the end of Ragnarok and then Infinity War undoes most of that (here's an eye, here's a new weapon). Long-term character arcs will always come second to whatever the next writer wants to do.
KCup17
AG
This movie felt more like a sequel to WandaVision than anything else.
veryfuller
Staff
AG
Well, the Thor example, it's like his circumstances change, but it doesn't undo his arc. In Ragnarok its, his growth is that he doesn't need a hammer to be a hero. Then in IW, he loses everything and fails to stop Thanos, and goes through another journey in Endgame.

DS2 takes Wanda's realizations in WandaVision -- that part of grief is letting go, and that its ok to do that, and then pretends she didn't learn that at all? Like it's weird that they relied so heavily on WandaVision for plot but not for character information, IMO. Elizabeth Olsen does in incredible job, but the longer I've sat with the movie, the more I think they gave Wanda a short stick with this story.
elfurioso92
AG
I enjoyed it, I'd say it was a middle of the pack Marvel movie. I liked it much better than The Eternals or Black Widow.
Gigem314
AG
But we have to remember, Wanda has always been on the fringe.

We first see her working with Hydra because of what happened to her parents. She chooses to join the Avengers, but loses her brother. She tries to help others, and save her friends in Civil War, but gets painted as a villain for the collateral damage and placed on house-arrest by Tony. Then she chooses to join Hawkeye to help Cap, despite her feelings for Vision (and literally puts him in the ground)...gets labeled as a criminal again, and goes on the run with Vision at the beginning of Infinity War. Then she gets pulled back into the fight again, but has to kill Vision to stop Thanos...which he immediately undoes to get the Infinity Stone anyway. At end of the war, she's alone and hurting.

In WandaVision, we start out seeing a playful version of her powers and her ability to alternate reality. She re-creates her own version of Vision, and her children, to give herself the family she longs for. But her dark side comes out, we see glimpses of it throughout the series: when she's confronting the troops outside the town, hearing from the Westview residents trapped in her mind-control, even her arguments with Vision over how she controls him. Eventually, her creation comes crashing down. We see her flirt even more with the 'dark side' going against Agatha...as she's enticed to use her power. She lets Vision pull her back to her humanity, and feels remorse for what she did to Westview. Yet at the very end of Wandavision, we see her going to the dark magic to find her children.

To me the storyline of her going down the path with the Darkhold is perfectly logical. It simply took her to a much darker place than we saw in the glimpses from Wandavision. I thought it was well done. Her character arc is by far my favorite of all the 'second tier' MCU characters. I really hope her story doesn't send with Multiverse of Madness, and we see her character restored at some point. And Agatha definitely needs to come back...

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.