*** DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS *** (Spoilers)

46,704 Views | 645 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Sea Speed
Ornithopter
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
At the end of WandaVision, Wanda walked away from having it all with her kids because of the cost to others. Then in MoM, she's perfectly willing to murder people to have it all with her kids.
YouBet
AG
Witnesses her parents being killed as a child. Is a prisoner of Nazi Hydra who performs experiments on her and brainwashes her and her brother. She gains almost unlimited power and is highly unstable coming out of that with massive trust issues.

Her brother, who is her only familial and real world tie, is killed/murdered

Finally finds love in a being who is not even really alive and then he's brutally murdered, not once but twice!, in front of her by an alien who then disappears 50% of all life in the universe for five years right after he kills her husband.

This finally breaks her mind and then she literally enslaves an entire town due to her grief of losing her synthetic husband. She recreates him and creates two sons out of thin air. All of that comes crashing down and she enters some level of insanity remission.

Not even factoring the Darkhold yet....some of y'all don't understand how she could possibly make the jump to murder after all of that?

Really? This is probably one of the more plausible and logical paths to murder I've ever seen in film.
TCTTS
AG
BenFiasco14
AG
Also - where the hell is the Time Variance Authority in all this shiet? Not to mention no way home and even Shang chi to an extent lol.
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
rhutton125
AG
Agreed with all of the above: WandaVision should have either foreshadowed the Darkhold a lot more, or DS2 should have built up to it more. As it stands, you can skip 99% of WandaVision before DS2 because all that matters is that 10-second post-credits.

If I have one grief with DS2, it's how it rehashes themes. In DS1, Strange has seemingly accepted that he can't be with Christine. There's also a scene where he literally hands the scalpel to someone else because he accepts that it's not about him and he can't do the procedure. But in DS2, he professes his love to Christine again at her wedding, and then is told again and again how he had to be the one holding the knife.

However… I get it. Tony Stark learned humility in IM1 until he suddenly hadn't in Avengers 1. I think a lot of times these characters take a step back, so to speak, which also makes sense for real life. You don't often learn humility once and change forever. Nor do you overcome grief forever and never stumble again. Especially when the Darkhold has its claws in you.

But still, tease the Darkhold a bit more maybe.
Duncan Idaho
Just finished it.

It was a big bag of Meh for me.

BenFiasco14
AG
TCTTS said:

THIS was the movie that brought you back to theaters???

I just want to bump this comment because the exchange here made me laugh the hardest I have in a long time
dmart90
AG
The new Kamar Taj was much more Kamar Tajjy.
TCTTS
AG
swimmerbabe11
looks exactly like my mom at a wedding or church event. great acting.
TexasAggie_02
AG
TCTTS said:

TCTTS
AG
Spot on.
MASAXET
AG
TCTTS said:

Reminds me of this one I see pop up every few months

BenFiasco14
AG
I'm going to rewatch the movie tonight with my girlfriend and now I'm not gonna be able to see anything other than this woman at this scene.

I also plan to get sufficiently stoned before this second viewing. Oughta make for an interesting 2 hours
YouBet
AG
MASAXET said:

TCTTS said:

Damn. Does she have any eligibility?
Duncan Idaho
swimmerbabe11 said:

looks exactly like my mom at a wedding or church event. great acting.

I was going to say, she went full method for an overly nosey church lady at a wedding she doesn't fully approve of.

If there is an Oscar category for extras, give it to her now.
double aught
AG
YouBet said:

MASAXET said:

TCTTS said:

Damn. Does she have any eligibility?
Usain Bolted across that bridge.
TCTTS
AG
Nothing will ever top the Bond background sweeper...

swimmerbabe11
this makes me think of choreographies for musicals
cav14
Peas and Carrots Peas and Carrots Peas and Carrots Peas and Carrots
maroon barchetta
TCTTS said:

What is this???
TCTTS
AG
A real shot from Quantum of Solace.
maroon barchetta
TCTTS said:

Good grief.
MooreTrucker
AG
maroon barchetta said:

TCTTS said:

Good grief.
Shots like that and the stormtrooper banging his head on the door are hilarious!
Duncan Idaho
I get why they had him do that. I mean that sweeping would have been the only thing you would have heard in that scene. But don't they have prop brooms that have silent bristles? Like the silent paper bags?

https://www.proptrx.com/silent-bags
The Collective
AG
Does she play linebacker?

Not a Bot
AG
They might do that if the sweeping was somehow integral to the scene. The comedy of this one is that it was just entirely unnecessary for the guy to be there in the first place yet they kept him there sweeping the air.
BenFiasco14
AG
maroon barchetta said:

TCTTS said:

What is this???

Another multiverse. Time to call the department of damage control
FL_Ag1998
AG
TCTTS said:

That's especially hilarious considering I just rewatched this last night and during the entire wedding I couldn't help but notice every one of the background actors doing this exact same overacting, not just this lady. They were all just having the most interesting, funny, exciting conversations in their entire life!
redline248
AG
Where else are you going to get the chance to talk to barely acquaintances from that one time in the bar about all the stuff your kid/dog/mom has been doing? Oh, and did you see the flowers, they are sooo pretty! What did you get them for the gift? I couldn't believe they asked for that!
DallasTeleAg
Would have been such a better movie.

maroon barchetta
schmendeler
AG
Those Deadpool movies were so much fun
KidDoc
AG
I really enjoyed this. Wanda was amazing throughout and I loved her as the bad guy. Her realizing how far she was corrupted when facing her kids was a great pivotal moment. I loved the more brutal fighting and horror elements.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
MASAXET
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.