*** DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS *** (Spoilers)

46,713 Views | 645 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Sea Speed
fat girlfriend
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bobinator said:

No I mean a normal post would be like

"Don't personally care for the two moms."

Your post was like

"This is another flag in the ground for the new world order's conspiracy to slowly erode traditional values with popular culture" or whatever the "new civic religion" is.

I see. I don't think the phrase, "new civic religion" is weird at all. It's in contrast to the traditional civic religion, which is commonly used in discussion of Protestantism in the history of our schools. The civic religion was used in courts to defend things like anti-sodomy laws and public schools. It's basically just the preferred moral backdrop of a culture and is enforced in various ways by its defenders, including in the moral formation of its citizens via media.

It's not nefarious. I just want it named for what it is.
fat girlfriend
jeffk said:

I just wonder how some folks function in the larger society. Do you scream and run when you see a homosexual couple show affection in public?

I do not. Do you? Do you point and scream if you happen to see someone carrying a Bible, or maybe voicing the opinion that human flourishing is best achieved in traditional family structures?
Madmarttigan
AG
Where did this guy come from?! 0.2 posts a day blasting this thread suddenly
Formerly tv1113
fat girlfriend
Madmarttigan said:

Where did this guy come from?! 0.2 posts a day blasting this thread suddenly

I posted once, got called a weirdo, and have since only posted in reply to those who are insulting me. I'll happily stop posting in this thread if people stop insulting me.
TexasAggie_02
AG
maroon barchetta said:

TCTTS said:

What the hell are some of you weirdos talking about?

It's bizarre.
I would say strange, even
TCTTS
AG
My "weirdo" comment wasn't directed at you, specifically. If it was, I would have replied to your post specifically. This is an old thread, this movie has been out for weeks and weeks now, yet you and a couple others suddenly/randomly popped up in here, seemingly in sync, but out of the blue, complaining about woke nonsense, in a way that often brings about the "Sir, this is a Wendy's…" memes. It *was* weird and none of us knew what the hell was going on.

Which is all besides the point that you're clearly one of those people who seems to have a problem with gay anything showing up in movies, TV, etc, which is a whole other issue I won't get into.
double aught
AG
Sports-Ag said:

When Scarlet Witch went to the multiverse and possessed the body of Wanda in the kitchen and she stares at you (the fourth wall) the crowd was like whoa. I was like that's hot. I thought Elizabeth Olsen was hot as Scarlet Witch being the villain.
She looked damn good as Wanda in her mom clothes too.
fat girlfriend
TCTTS said:

you're clearly one of those people who seems to have a problem with gay anything showing up in movies, TV, etc,
That's false. I have a problem with the constant "homosexuality is conducive to human flourishing" proselytizing found regularly in movies and TV. Characterizing that as having a problem with anything gay showing up in movies is both false and uncharitable.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
It just released on streaming, probably why.
schmendeler
AG
I guess "human flourishing" is the new term in use.
jeffk
AG
schmendeler said:

It's fine to have homosexual couples in media as long as they're not happy.
fat girlfriend
schmendeler said:

It's good term, but it's certainly not new. Goes back to Aristotle and other ancient Greeks. Ancient Hebrews, too.

I love the term. All of us certainly want a flourishing life!

Quote:

It's fine to have homosexual couples in media as long as they're not happy.
I wonder why some of you insist on mocking me?
jeffk
AG
Okay, how would you portray a homosexual couple on a tv episode or movie? This one only had them on-screen for about a minute and you felt you were being proselytized.
TCTTS
AG
fat girlfriend said:

TCTTS said:

you're clearly one of those people who seems to have a problem with gay anything showing up in movies, TV, etc,
That's false. I have a problem with the constant "homosexuality is conducive to human flourishing" proselytizing found regularly in movies and TV. Characterizing that as having a problem with anything gay showing up in movies is both false and uncharitable.

I'm sorry, but if THAT'S what you're getting from this stuff, then you're ACTIVELY looking to be offended, pick a fight, etc. If you watched this movie, and in the brief few seconds a gay couple was on screen, truly thought, "They're clearly trying to show that homosexuality is conducive to human flourishing," I don't know what to tell you. Because it just ain't there, at all. The movie simply *depicted* a gay couple on screen for a few seconds. AT WORST it was pandering, but it was about as innocuous as pandering can be, all things considered. Either way, NOTHING about their appearance said, "Being gay is essential to human flourishing."

It was literally nothing more than a depiction of a loving family being torn apart. No different than the depiction of a loving, heterosexual family being torn apart.

Tell me, do you get this upset when heterosexual families are shown flourishing on screen in the face of divorce, infidelity, and infertility? Because, both biologically and psychologically, none of those things are conducive to human flourishing either. Yet I don't see you in other threads, raising a stink when those kinds of non-conducive behaviors appears in those movies. It's *only* for the gay stuff. I wonder why that is...
The Porkchop Express
schmendeler said:

This is the gif I got when I googled it.

My favorite thing about TexAgs is when someone goes on a bizarro ranting rampage that makes no sense to the other 99% of the board, and that someone is NOT ME.
WARNING: I have a deep-seated desire for others to love the Star Wars franchise as much as I do, in exactly the way I do, and get snippy and sensitive and passive-aggressive when they don't.
bobinator
AG
I dunno TC, I think the fact that the guy couple's kid was a super powerful being that can cross the multiverse was basically an outright political statement that the gays have better kids.
TCTTS
AG
And the "multiverse" is just code for all the different genders/sexual orientations, isn't it?

AgfromHOU
AG
I hope Marvel goes bigger and gayer with each new movie
bobinator
AG
Yep. I mean did you see the paint dimension? Super gay.
bobinator
AG
I mean the next one is called "Thor: Love and Thunder"
The Porkchop Express
The Human Flourish sounds like a great superhero name.
WARNING: I have a deep-seated desire for others to love the Star Wars franchise as much as I do, in exactly the way I do, and get snippy and sensitive and passive-aggressive when they don't.
AgfromHOU
AG
And has some homosexual tones between Star-Lord and Thor.

And Valkyrie is gay.
fat girlfriend
TCTTS said:

fat girlfriend said:

TCTTS said:

I'm sorry, but if THAT'S what you're getting from this stuff, then you're ACTIVELY looking to be offended, pick a fight, etc. If you watched this movie, and in the brief few seconds a gay couple was on screen, truly thought, "They're clearly trying to show that homosexuality is conducive to human flourishing," I don't know what to tell you. Because it just ain't there, at all. The movie simply *depicted* a gay couple on screen for a few seconds. AT WORST it was pandering, but it was about as innocuous as pandering can be, all things considered. Either way, NOTHING about their appearance said, "Being gay is essential to human flourishing."

It was literally nothing more than a depiction of a loving family being torn apart. No different than the depiction of a loving, heterosexual family being torn apart.

Tell me, do you get this upset when heterosexual families are shown flourishing on screen in the face of divorce, infidelity, and infertility? Because, both biologically and psychologically, none of those things are conducive to human flourishing either. Yet I don't see you in other threads, raising a stink when those kinds of non-conducive behaviors appears in those movies. It's *only* for the gay stuff. I wonder why that is...
I get upset at the normalizing of all harmful behaviors. When Christian parents wouldn't let their kids watch The Love Boat in the 80s, they were mocked. Over time, those who get upset at the normalization of harmful behavior have come to be called "unloving" or face thinly veiled insults that they just hate gay people. I don't see how anyone could deny that movies with a young audience in mind are making a thoughtful decision to promote a value system that normalizes homosexual behavior.
fat girlfriend
Lotta mocking on this thread by super loving and tolerant posters...
AgfromHOU
AG
You don't like it. We get it. Time to move on. Society cannot be built upon people imposing their morals on others.
fat girlfriend
AgfromHOU said:

Society cannot be built upon people imposing their morals on others.
Exactly my point!
AgfromHOU
AG
So stop imposing yours and move on
TCTTS
AG
fat girlfriend said:

TCTTS said:

fat girlfriend said:

TCTTS said:

I get upset at the normalizing of all harmful behaviors. When Christian parents wouldn't let their kids watch The Love Boat in the 80s, they were mocked. Over time, those who get upset at the normalization of harmful behavior have come to be called "unloving" or face thinly veiled insults that they just hate gay people. I don't see how anyone could deny that movies with a young audience in mind are making a thoughtful decision to promote a value system that normalizes homosexual behavior.

So you think homosexuality = "harmful behavior"? Yeah, you can take a hike with that sh*t. Later.
fat girlfriend
AgfromHOU said:

So stop imposing yours and move on
How am I imposing my morals on others? Am I involved in a thoughtful plan to promote the idea that homosexuality is good for people by regularly shoe-horning the image of a wonderful and happy family with a two moms or whatever into as much media content as I can get into as many millions of children as I can it to? I'm just a dude who posted once on the internet on a college website, and now I've been called a weird gay hater.
fat girlfriend
TCTTS said:

fat girlfriend said:

TCTTS said:

fat girlfriend said:

TCTTS said:

So you think homosexuality = "harmful behavior"? Yeah, you can take a hike with that sh*t. Later.
Yes, I do think that homosexual sex is harmful behavior, corrosive both to individual flourishing and the common good. This has been by far the preferred opinion of mankind, both Christian and not, in most cultures, and remains the opinion for most of the world, despite the fact that the secular religion of the western world is working so hard to make people like you think that people who think what I think are evil.
TCTTS
AG
"I'm just a dude who thinks people who are born a certain way, and choose to be in a loving relationship with someone of the same sex, are harmful to humanity. Even though I'm offering no concrete examples or evidence as to why. And now I'm being mocked and called weird."

Seriously, STFU. In 50 years, people are going to look back and wonder how the hell we ever indulged people like you.
AgfromHOU
AG
So you suggest making gay people straight, when that's not who they are?

Imposing morals.
fat girlfriend
TCTTS said:

"I'm just a dude who thinks people who are born a certain way, and choose to be in a loving relationship with someone of the same sex, are harmful to humanity. Even though I'm offering no concrete examples or evidence as to why. And now I'm being mocked and called weird."

Seriously, STFU. In 50 years, people are going to look back and wonder how the hell we ever indulged people like you.
It's rude to make up quotes and attribute them to others.

You think I'm morally equivalent to an explicit racist from the bad old days. I get it. You think I'm a moral monster and you're motivated to promote a values system that condemns and replaces the one I hold. In short, you're making my point about the new civic religion.

I think you're mistaken. In 50 years, we'll be cleaning up the mess made by an incoherent and unsustainable view of the human body, gender, and sexual functioning.
fig96
AG
Who wants to tell him it's from the original comic?
fat girlfriend
AgfromHOU said:

So you suggest making gay people straight, when that's not who they are?

Imposing morals.
That's so 15 year ago. Don't you know that sexuality isn't a binary?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.