*** DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS *** (Spoilers)

46,743 Views | 645 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Sea Speed
swimmerbabe11
How long do you want to ignore this user?
also, hell of a mother's day weekend movie... yikes.
swimmerbabe11
the illuminati thing felt like a scene out of The Boys.

nickstro66
AG
I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure Doctor Doom can travel the multiverse right? Could have sworn he had mystical powers that allowed him to do so.

Maybe he's the next big bad. Tries to travel throughout the multiverses to make Latveria and himself more powerful.
BigC
AG
Dr. Doom doesn't have that power per se, like America Chavez. He's more like an authoritarian Tony Stark; super intelligent with virtually unlimited resources due to being the ruler of a country. Additionally, he has an affinity for the mystic arts and combines that with technology to do some very powerful things, such as traversing the multi-verse.

If I was to guess, I would see Dr. Doom playing more of a Loki role in that he is a bad guy who will enter a temporary truce with the heroes when a "more powerful" bad guy shows up. Like he would fight with the avengers if the skulls were invading or with the FF against Galactus.
Quad Dog
AG
My son and I liked it. Not the best MCU movie, but fun and a good zag from the normal MCU formula.

Olsen was amazing in this.

Zombie Stranges cloak of demons was really cool.

Damn, Cumberbatch was wearing the hell out of the suit at the wedding.

America was cool, but the trope of figuring out and mastering your powers at the last second was a little lame.

The hints of X-Men theme was awesome. The whole score was great. Score by Danny Elfman .

I loved the music fight.

Strange said that Fantastic Four charted in the 60s.

Those complaining about the lack of a goal of phase four I think are forgetting the lack of direction of phase two and three. Took forever to build up and establish Thanos. Go look up how far apart some of those movies were.

Definitely a Raimi movie, he loves a close up.

AliasMan02
AG
I had fun. Most of it was more awesome just in the concepts and hints at the future than in actual execution.
G Martin 87
AG
Sex Panther said:

I thought the music fight was one of the coolest things of the whole movie
The music fight score used themes from Bach and Beethoven, so it literally was a battle of master composers. Loved it!
Rocagnante
AG
Interesting. That was a pretty creative sequence.
rhutton125
AG
I liked it.

I think the Raimi-ness of it peaks at the wrong time though. He keeps the Army of Darkness cheese at bay for the first 2/3, when a little camp and silliness might be palatable, and instead cranks it up in the finale. Silly-voiced souls and electric guitar riffs and things like that. Musical note slow-mo fights. It negatively impacted the dramatic tension in the finale, IMO, with zombie Strange and scream-cam Christine.

If Raimi didn't direct it then it might not be as scary or visually compelling but IMO the final act would have landed a lot better. How you felt about those Raimi elements might dictate if you'd make that trade or not.
ramblin_ag02
AG
Nitpicks: Earth 616 is the Marvel Comic universe. 199999 is the MCU. Dumb mistake to make

They did Mr Fantastic all wrong. Zero chance he walks out to punch the Scarlet Witch without a weird invention or amazing plan. Smartest man in the world my ass.

Love MCU, love Evil Dead and it was a great fusion. Tell me Bruce Campbell is in the movie and I'm in
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Gangnam Style
AG
Looks like opening weekend will be around $190 million, just short of $200 million. Crazy jump from the $85 OW of Doctor Strange 1. Even with weaker than anticipated legs, it should have a good shot to hit $1 billion (without China). Original
AliasMan02
AG
Who was the statue of (looked to be broken and reassembled) in the lobby of the Illuminati hq? Was it Clea? I didn't get a good look.
SteveA
AG
Xavier could have simply turned her off. Other than that, great flick.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
No chance. Wanda is way more powerful.
Dr. Horrible
I absolutely loved this one. Seems like a lot of the negativity stems from it just not being the movie people wanted it to be as opposed to watching and appreciating what it was.

I can't wait to see where they take everything from here. It felt like a finished story while also setting up so many more possibilities for the future.
TCTTS
AG

09AggieJC
AG
Why couldn't Wanda just find a universe where her kids lost their version of her?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
What I found odd was not a single universe where Vision was with her?
09AggieJC
AG
that too and why did they search and search for the Book of Ashanti and not rush to it when it was within grasp?

Everything about that book seemed pointless and stupid
Old Buffalo
AG
Do you think it's because Vision isn't a human? He was AI created - then blended with the Mind stone.
“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”
swimmerbabe11
In most time travel/multiverse lore, there are fixed occurrences, things that cannot change. That's why there is no universe where Strange and Christine are actually happily together. It's a defining trait that makes them who they are.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Not sure I follow. Why does that matter?
09AggieJC
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

In most time travel/multiverse lore, there are fixed occurrences, things that cannot change. That's why there is no universe where Strange and Christine are actually happily together. It's a defining trait that makes them who they are.
That's fine but then Wanda is wrong that the Multiverse has a cure/answer for everything

And that makes Dr Strange's answer about his sister make more sense but still how did he know that would be the same?
maroon barchetta
G Martin 87 said:

Sex Panther said:

I thought the music fight was one of the coolest things of the whole movie
The music fight score used themes from Bach and Beethoven, so it literally was a battle of master composers. Loved it!

My wife said that part reminded her of The Sorcerer's Apprentice, which is perfect for a Doctor Strange movie.
maroon barchetta
Just got back from a morning showing.

Loved it!

Don't know why anyone thought it was a horror flick.
swimmerbabe11
I don't know what age I would let kids see it at.
Def a watch before you take them movie.
Super dark, super gory, def some jump scares.
My nephew would be terrified. There were some points where I was a little tense.

Felt like it should have been released around Halloween, not around Mother's day.

The irony of the villain being a crazed mother on Mother's day weekend still cracks me up.
maroon barchetta
swimmerbabe11 said:

I don't know what age I would let kids see it at.
Def a watch before you take them movie.
Super dark, super gory, def some jump scares.
My nephew would be terrified. There were some points where I was a little tense.

Felt like it should have been released around Halloween, not around Mother's day.

The irony of the villain being a crazed mother on Mother's day weekend still cracks me up.

But in the end the true mother to the boys was the winner and survivor and the love the boys had for their real mother was the difference. B
swimmerbabe11
Oh! That reminds me!

I didn't understand what "real" mom said the Scarlet Witch when she walked over and touched her face. What did she say?
maroon barchetta
Dang. I don't remember now.
thegoodolag15
AG
She said, "Know that they'll be loved."
schmendeler
AG
Saw it today. Loved the Illuminati cameos. Seeing professor X was awesome. Cool to see John Krasinski. I laughed out loud when Black Bolt blew his own brains out. That was savage.
swimmerbabe11
appreciate you
Old Buffalo
AG
He could be a product of 616 only. He's not a soul, which may be attached to several other universes.
“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”
PlanoAggie
AG
Looks like I'm against popular opinion here, but I didn't like it at all. Didn't care for Wanda being the evil devil possessed witch killing innocent people all for her fake kids. I've never been into horror movies much. There's already enough evil in this world, I don't care for my entertainment to magnify that.

Anyway, I guess to each their own.
swimmerbabe11
okay, I got super annoyed every time someone called them her "fake" kids.

They were very very real to her. So when you are trying to reason with someone who has lost their complete marbles..maybe we don't be super mean about the way we say "they aren't real!" She lost *everyone* who mattered to her over the course of the MCU. Her life was real crappy. So when she created them, they were real to her. Plus, don't they end up becoming real characters later? like they are somewhat real arent they?

90% of villains become that way because of some tragic thing that happened in their life.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.