Westworld 3 - 2020

121,505 Views | 1470 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by TCTTS
Gap
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Trailer dropped tonight. I had no idea what it was a preview for until the end. I was highly critical of last season, but this trailer has me hyped for Season 3. Aaron Paul of Breaking Bad fame looks to be a new lead in it.

Malachi Constant
AG
Wow
zgood10
AG
This was an amazing spot right before GOT tonight. Pumped
Chuck Gay
AG
Sitting there ready to watch the Game of Thrones finale and was trying to figure out what it was a preview for. Perhaps some new series that would be Blade Runner-esque. I wasn't expecting that Westworld logo to pop up.

Ginormus Ag
AG
NOW!!!! I want it NOW!!!! Do it now!!!!
Username checks out.
bobinator
AG
I'm already ready to argue about season 3
Complete Idiot
Season 3 is muddled
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Dro07
AG
West world season 3: the season we didn't want but need.
Leggo My Elko
AG
Was the Delores at the end?
TCTTS
AG
I knew they'd started filming, but I had no idea they had this much footage shot and completed VFX. Wasn't expecting a trailer for another few months, but what an awesome surprise. I'm guessing this all but confirms this will be the first drama of HBO's 2020 slate, (hopefully) meaning a January premiere.

I know it rubbed some people the wrong way, and sure, it certainly had its share of hiccups, but I still think season two was one of the most brilliant, engaging, and mind-bending seasons of television I've ever seen. And yet, I love that this trailer teases an almost completely different story going forward, something I've never seen a series of this caliber attempt, which is really exciting. You just know Dolores is going to have to infiltrate/return to Westworld at some point, but I can't wait to see what kind of show this is before that point, and all the ways the Nolans are going to attempt to push the boundaries of storytelling this go-around.

Also, I love how certain series - namely this and Stranger Things - have dropped the whole "season" moniker and are titling these like movies now. Stranger Things 3. Westworld III. So cool.

Cannot wait.
TCTTS
AG
Yep. Looks like she's going Kill Bill on some peeps.
TCTTS
AG
My *only* complaint is that in the 2050s we're apparently still using cell phones that look the exact same as cell phones today. There's not even some kind of hologram floating above the screen, never mind it not being some kind of completely different device. Surely in 30 years we'll have either moved past cell phones to something else, or we'll still hold a phone-shaped device, only it'll be so much more than just a screen we touch...
Dro07
AG
Well from the looks of it he is poor so maybe that's the free govt phone?
TCTTS
AG
That said, I will gladly accept cell phone technology not advancing one bit if that means owning bad ass motorcycles that can drive themselves, flying/hovering vehicles that look like something out of TRON: Legacy, and of course... indistinguishably life-like robots who will bow to our every whim... and I mean every whim...
TCTTS
AG
Oooh, good call. In 2050, iPhones are for poors only.
mazag08
AG
Literally have no idea what they are trying to do. But I'm definitely in.
Dro07
AG
Yup after the season finale I didn't think there was a need for season 3 but this trailer has peaked my interest.
PatAg
AG
TCTTS said:

Oooh, good call. In 2050, iPhones are for poors only.
It's probably just a retro thing. Just like 90s fashion is becoming popular again.
TCTTS
AG
Also, to counter the cell phone thing, kudos to the filmmakers for featuring a t-shirt that's animated/lights up. All indications point to that being a huge trend in clothing over the next 10-20 years or so, if not sooner. Imagine everything from professional sports uniforms that can instantly change numbers or scroll sponsor logos to owning, say, three t-shirts than can "display" an infinite number of color/patterns/pictures/etc. Yeah, it's a little cheesy that a criminal would be wearing something like that while pulling off a job, but at the same time it's a nod in the right direction and is cool in a cyberpunk kind of way.
bbattbq01
AG
Surprised me when I opened IMDb just now! Gotta keep me subscribing!
TCTTS
AG
mazag08 said:

My guess is that Dolores has some kind of grand plan that partly involves offing Delos executives or something along those lines (we see her killing those two men in the street), but also ultimately extends to achieving some kind of new world order. She somewhat spelled it out to Bernard in the final scene of season two, even going so far as to tell Bernard that he'll of course try to stop her.

That said, I love the indication here, set up in this trailer, that someone (Aaron Paul's character) is now going to mistake Dolores for a real human being. That's a great evolution of her character/plight. That, and Pauls' character looks to be wreaking some havoc as well, so I'm assuming they team up in some way.

And then, like I mentioned above, surely whatever Dolores is up to involves having to go back to/infiltrate what remains of Westworld at some point. And it was clear Maeve's story wasn't over either, so I'm assuming part of the season will still be taking place there as well, in the aftermath of everything that happened in season two.
Fenrir
Just finished season 2 tonight actually. I'm still not sure what the **** I just watched. Glad this show is continuing on. Not sure how long this show can stretch out but the direction of this trailer is way different than anything else in the show so far.
tk for tu juan
TCTTS said:

Also, to counter the cell phone thing, kudos to the filmmakers for featuring a t-shirt that's animated/lights up. All indications point to that being a huge trend in clothing over the next 10-20 years or so...
They already did that in the final dance scene of Step Up 3
TCTTS
AG
A groundbreaking franchise truly ahead of its time...
GiveEmHellBill
AG
TCTTS said:

I knew they'd started filming, but I had no idea they had this much footage shot and completed VFX.
I'd bet that pretty much every scene we were shown is in the first 20 minutes of the first episode.
BenFiasco14
AG
This is gonna be both really cool and awful at the same time.

I hated season 2. Season 1 was amazing.

Ready to complain.
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
Joseph Parrish
AG
Lol, Jussie Smollett actually in jail!?!?
Tobias Funke
AG
Joseph Parrish said:

Are you lost, sir?
Joseph Parrish
AG
Tobias Funke said:

Joseph Parrish said:

Are you lost, sir?
Nope, if anything on that board crosses over it's Jussie (an actor in the entertainment industry).
bobinator
AG
mazag08 said:

POTD
Tobias Funke
AG
Was Jussie in that trailer or something? What are you talking about?
Joseph Parrish
AG
Tobias Funke said:

Damn sure looked like him in the orange jump suit...could be wrong. Don't think I am.
Olsen
AG
Joseph Parrish said:

Tobias Funke said:

Damn sure looked like him in the orange jump suit...could be wrong. Don't think I am.

That was Kid Cudi.
bobinator
AG
Joseph Parrish said:

Narrator voice: "he was"

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.