*****Official The Walking Dead Season 6*****

177,201 Views | 1337 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Ryan the Temp
DannyDuberstein
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Why would someone be "worried" about it being pronounced Neegan vs Naygan? Of all the pointless **** to worry about, thats up there.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Okay, what does everyone think happens in the next 15 odd seconds or so on that plane flight?
Ol Jock 99
AG
quote:
Okay, what does everyone think happens in the next 15 odd seconds or so on that plane flight?

I'm thinking some neardead guy thrashing about. And the Asian chick getting mad. Oh, and the young guy will look on confused and concerned.
Scotch
AG
Hold up, that's at least 45 seconds of material there, slow your roll.
Objective Aggie
AG
I think it would be incredible awesomeness if the next episode was just some guy reading a newspaper. For 45 seconds. And then say, "see more of Fear the Walking Dead online at amc.com."
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
quote:
There was a publicized casting announcement about Negan, so knowing the guy speaking wasn't Negan had ZERO to do with the source, as does the spelling of the name.

For the record I have read a grand total of like 4 of the comics so I know nothing of the Alexandria story arc.

If minor spoilers (which the comment I quoted wasn't ... It contained no information not available from the producers of the tv show) bother you so much you feel the need to constantly complain about them, then maybe a show based on a comic where literally thousands of people have some idea what happens, isn't for you.

I got it, some people don't like spoilers, but the freaking whining and crying about spoilers constantly is worse than most of the things said that are so called spoilers.

A completely insulated environment for discussing the show is an unreasonable expectation. Huge major plot spoilers, yeah those guys are *******s, but most of what is cried about on here doesn't reach that level. I doubt an environment like you want exist for this show.
Alright, I'm gonna chime in on this since my response to the Negan/Naygan post seems to have started a **** storm.

A) Was what he posted a spoiler in and of itself? No, of course not. In fact, if you re-read my post I never accuse him of posting a spoiler. My response was just a simple, common sense one....this is the spoiler free thread meaning that the vast majority of the folks here haven't read the comics so how/why in the world would we have been calling him "Naygan" if none of us knew who the hell he was? Also, that post served as a kind of a "caution" sign in case the poster was a thread newbie...frankly I don't pay too much attention to who posts what.

B) I've seen the fact that it was a publicized casting announcement mentioned more than once as some sort of justification for discussing Negan. Again (as posted countless times) this thread is pretty much limited to the show itself sprinkled with some of the Talking Dead. I had no idea that a casting announcement had been made because my exposure to the show is pretty much limited to Sunday night. Without this thread, the first time I would have ever heard of Negan was when the motorcycle gang mentioned his name. And that's exactly what et98 was getting at in his post above.

C) Your comments about "minor spoilers" and an "insulated environment" are precisely why people get upset. Just because you deem something "minor" doesn't make it so. Why is it SO hard to understand and respect that? And NO, it is not an unreasonable expectation to have an "insulated environment" on this thread. This is a board limited to A&M fans. There is also a thread on this very board dedicated to discussing spoilers, etc. for the sole purpose of keeping them off of this thread. It shouldn't be difficult yet people still can't seem to grasp the concept or display the common courtesy (to their fellow Aggies, no less) to follow this simple rule.

[/soapbox]
RigsTx
AG
quote:
quote:
There was a publicized casting announcement about Negan, so knowing the guy speaking wasn't Negan had ZERO to do with the source, as does the spelling of the name.

For the record I have read a grand total of like 4 of the comics so I know nothing of the Alexandria story arc.

If minor spoilers (which the comment I quoted wasn't ... It contained no information not available from the producers of the tv show) bother you so much you feel the need to constantly complain about them, then maybe a show based on a comic where literally thousands of people have some idea what happens, isn't for you.

I got it, some people don't like spoilers, but the freaking whining and crying about spoilers constantly is worse than most of the things said that are so called spoilers.

A completely insulated environment for discussing the show is an unreasonable expectation. Huge major plot spoilers, yeah those guys are *******s, but most of what is cried about on here doesn't reach that level. I doubt an environment like you want exist for this show.
Alright, I'm gonna chime in on this since my response to the Negan/Naygan post seems to have started a **** storm.

A) Was what he posted a spoiler in and of itself? No, of course not. In fact, if you re-read my post I never accuse him of posting a spoiler. My response was just a simple, common sense one....this is the spoiler free thread meaning that the vast majority of the folks here haven't read the comics so how/why in the world would we have been calling him "Naygan" if none of us knew who the hell he was? Also, that post served as a kind of a "caution" sign in case the poster was a thread newbie...frankly I don't pay too much attention to who posts what.

B) I've seen the fact that it was a publicized casting announcement mentioned more than once as some sort of justification for discussing Negan. Again (as posted countless times) this thread is pretty much limited to the show itself sprinkled with some of the Talking Dead. I had no idea that a casting announcement had been made because my exposure to the show is pretty much limited to Sunday night. Without this thread, the first time I would have ever heard of Negan was when the motorcycle gang mentioned his name. And that's exactly what et98 was getting at in his post above.

C) Your comments about "minor spoilers" and an "insulated environment" are precisely why people get upset. Just because you deem something "minor" doesn't make it so. Why is it SO hard to understand and respect that? And NO, it is not an unreasonable expectation to have an "insulated environment" on this thread. This is a board limited to A&M fans. There is also a thread on this very board dedicated to discussing spoilers, etc. for the sole purpose of keeping them off of this thread. It shouldn't be difficult yet people still can't seem to grasp the concept or display the common courtesy (to their fellow Aggies, no less) to follow this simple rule.

[/soapbox]

As someone who does not do much of anything on social media and the like, I can agree. The only reference to Negan I've seen besides on the walking dead has been on this thread. It doesn't ruin my day when a spoiler happens, but to say that everyone must have seen the casting announcement is false.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Yep. I didn't see the casting announcement. Minor spoiler. Spoiler nonetheless.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Other than this thread, I haven't seen it either.
Objective Aggie
AG
Since this thread has taken a turn I will weigh in:

* I had not seen the casting announcement anywhere but here
* I have no problem with someone posting something like "click here to see a new casting announcement. I really like this actor, should be a great addition. . . " or somesuch. If you don't want to see the announcement, don't click.
* I do hate it when people assume that everyone knows what they know. This thread has a lot of speculation. We all speculate on what could happen, or what we want to happen. That's great. But when someone says "aha, I bet Glenn only survives only to be killed be Neagin's gang" - - well - - that spoiled a little bit for me. Did not know there was a gang. And then I know that if I hear the name Neagin that he is probably more of a bad guy. Bottom line, speculation is fair game. Insider information speculation is uncool.

But if I was really concerned about spoilers, I wouldn't read this thread. I wouldn't read the media recaps. I do. So there is only some risk and I am willing to live with that. I just wish people had a bit more discretion.
Ryan the Temp
AG
I don't know about y'all, but the last thing I would want to drive in the ZA is a loud ass motorcycle. Zombies love the sound of those pipes.
AtlAg05
AG
I enjoyed Ricks head shots while his gun was still at waist level.
BigAggie06
AG
First, the multitude of discussion points posted by et98 minus maybe 1 or 2 about wether or not Negan is a person are still able to be discussed.

Second. So ok, you haven't seen a casting announcement ... Sorry but if things that are discussed about the future of the show on Talking Dead are fair game, then I don't see how information actually announced by the show through other means isn't legitimate subjects. I don't watch Talking Dead so I think any discussion abkut anything mentioned on their should be banned as a potential spoiler.

Third. In the Internet age it is totally unreasonable to expect 100% spoiler free environment on a subject like this. I am totally for calling out the most aggregious spoilers on this thread but small stuff will inevitably slip through. You may as well just make a thread that says "DONT YOU DARE COME HERE IF YOU KNOW ANYTHING THAT WASNT EXPLICITLY MENTIONED IN THE SHOW" ... And even then you will still get jackasses that go in just to spoil the show for everyone. This board is not 100% limited to A&M fans, It is geared toward A&M fans but nothing stops others from coming here and that has nothing to do with the fact that some people on here entirely overreact to any little bit of information that they think is a spoiler.

My point is that incessant moaning about spoilers on trivial stuff ruins the thread for some of us as much if not more than the spoilers do for you.
The Debt

Rocagnante
AG
I had a random thought driving into work. In this last episode when Deanna starts shooting walkers in the upstairs hallway, is that the first time in this series we have proof that walkers can climb stairs?
Chipotlemonger
AG
Interesting question.

I THINK they climbed some stairs when the whole group was walking around aimlessly. Sasha and "tainted meat" guy in that warehouse near the railroad tracks to Terminus?
gigemhilo
AG
they climbed stairs in several of the scenes in atlanta. for instance, the rooftop where merle was left for dead and then sawed his arm off.

$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
quote:
I had a random thought driving into work. In this last episode when Deanna starts shooting walkers in the upstairs hallway, is that the first time in this series we have proof that walkers can climb stairs?
No. Go all the way back to season one. Remember Merle cuffed to the drain pipe on the roof and T-Dawg having to chain the door to keep the walkers from getting to him?
Objective Aggie
AG
quote:

I wondered this as well before. Seems like it would be quite hard for a zombie. Kinda like a puppy. They could climb stairs if they knew how. They have teh muscles, but not the knowhow. My thoughts at least.
Rocagnante
AG
That seems like forever ago.
Cibalo
quote:
First, the multitude of discussion points posted by et98 minus maybe 1 or 2 about wether or not Negan is a person are still able to be discussed.

Second. So ok, you haven't seen a casting announcement ... Sorry but if things that are discussed about the future of the show on Talking Dead are fair game, then I don't see how information actually announced by the show through other means isn't legitimate subjects. I don't watch Talking Dead so I think any discussion abkut anything mentioned on their should be banned as a potential spoiler.

Third. In the Internet age it is totally unreasonable to expect 100% spoiler free environment on a subject like this. I am totally for calling out the most aggregious spoilers on this thread but small stuff will inevitably slip through. You may as well just make a thread that says "DONT YOU DARE COME HERE IF YOU KNOW ANYTHING THAT WASNT EXPLICITLY MENTIONED IN THE SHOW" ... And even then you will still get jackasses that go in just to spoil the show for everyone. This board is not 100% limited to A&M fans, It is geared toward A&M fans but nothing stops others from coming here and that has nothing to do with the fact that some people on here entirely overreact to any little bit of information that they think is a spoiler.

My point is that incessant moaning about spoilers on trivial stuff ruins the thread for some of us as much if not more than the spoilers do for you.

If you watched Talking Dead you would know that they only talk about things that have happened so far in the show. they discuss the episode and what happened, what they think the character was thinking or if the actor is they where they believe their character was thinking. sometimes they show some behind the scenes "making of" clips as well. If they do show anything it is just a preview of next week and only adds to more speculation.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Seems silly to have them climb stairs, but they should be able to crawl up them - as well as crawling over other walkers that have tripped and fallen on them.
The Milkman
AG
quote:
Anyone else worried they are pronouncing it knee-gan? I always pronounced to nay-gan. And I think with all the terrible accents and crummy dialog it's gonna come off like sci-UHN-tist.
Also, is there something wrong with sci-UHN-tist?
tomtomdrumdrum
AG
quote:
they climbed stairs in several of the scenes in atlanta. for instance, the rooftop where merle was left for dead and then sawed his arm off.

Season 1 might not be the best gauge for what walkers can do. Darabont also had them picking up rocks and using them to try to break through a glass door.
gigemhilo
AG
That's true - forgot about that
Rocagnante
AG
I need to rewatch season 1 because I don't remember walkers ever picking up rocks and using them to try and break windows.
tomtomdrumdrum
AG
Rocagnante
AG
Was that a window at the bottom floor of the department store they were inside before heading to the roof?
AtlAg05
AG
Maybe their muscles were still pretty fresh and hadn't decomposed so they could still pick things up....

aggietoolman
AG
Yes
Counterpoint
AG
quote:
Maybe their muscles were still pretty fresh and hadn't decomposed so they could still pick things up....

And maybe their brains weren't as rotten, so there were still some sparks of their former humanity.

et98
AG
It seems like the writers hinted that walkers could sort of "remember" things for a while. Morgan's wife tried to turn the doorknob of their house, and the little girl that Rick saw in the first episode was carrying her teddy bear.

I'm glad the show abandoned these types of things, though.
toucan82
what am I going to do tonight with no Walking Dead?
AtlAg05
AG
quote:
what am I going to do tonight with no Walking Dead?

Read the comics?
Ol Jock 99

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.