*****Official The Walking Dead Season 6*****

177,217 Views | 1337 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Ryan the Temp
DannyDuberstein
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I enjoyed the episode and particularly cheesemakers backstory. Sure, there was some cheeseball crap mixed in, but I thought John Carroll Lynch brought a lot to a one episode character that we'd never seen before. Btw, the cheese fistpump was when Morgan was reading in the living room - over his shoulder Eastman was shown fistpumping In the kitchen.
mazzag
AG
The cheese worked finally because Morgan had been sneaking apples and peanut butter to tabitha.
combat wombat™
AG
quote:
I liked it. Wasn't the best but it wasn't the worst episode in the series.

If I had one gripe, it seems like Morgan and the Cheese Maker were expending a lot of calories training and burying walkers. At some point you'd figure they'd have to eat some animal protein.

Also watching someone starve to death over 47 days is pretty ruthless. I get it but damn.
Yeah, well... he killed his wife and two little kids. I can kind of understand it.
AggieHank86
AG
quote:
UJust finished watching it, and it's official - Morgan is the worst character ever. Him leaving that wolf alive is going to get more people killed.

That and this episode was Fing boring as hell.
For about four seasons, everyone kept asking "Where is Morgan and when will we see him again?"

Those folks got their wish.
Donald Glover
AG
Saw the episode a little late, thought it was filler-y and clearly one of those low budget episodes. I myself was one of the ones who couldn't wait to see morgan again, but not an hour and a half of him.
O well...
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
Really enjoyed tonight's episode. 90 minutes is the only way to explain how morgan went from BSC to where he is now.

I hope this was sarcasm.
Philip J Fry
AG
Totally serious.

Stop watching it if you can't handle a slower paced episode with good dialogue.
Gregg Papivich
quote:
quote:
quote:
i trained myself in this since the show last night. seems pretty simple with basically 3 moves using a broomstick.
Sensei, I am ready to begin my training in Muy-kwan-do.

Just grab a broomstick and go in the backyard. Make 3 relatively different moves and always stiffen up after you swings. Keep your feet spread apart, head down and eyes up in a very focused look, you're ready.

dork
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
Totally serious.

Stop watching it if you can't handle a slower paced episode with good dialogue.

I just hate Morgan, I don't hate slower episodes.
Muy
AG
Where have I seen this episode before? Oh yeah, when Luke met Yoda.
BigRobSA
quote:
Where have I seen this episode before? Oh yeah, when Luke met Yoda.
Or when Daredevil met his blind instructor.

Or Elektra and HER instructor.

Or Rutger Hauer's character in Blind Fury.

Or..

...it's overdone, as a whole. Totally unnecessary to the storyline and could have been a fireside story for maybe 5 minutes.
AtlAg05
AG
quote:
He doesn't have to be an expert; he just has to be good enough to deflect your ass.

Fify
Chipotlemonger
AG
There was some good dialogue in there.

But there was also some nonsense. Morgan sucks. When he's killing everybody he sucks, when he's killing no one he sucks.

I like the actor, hate what they've done with the character.
Johnsy3
AG
quote:
quote:
He doesn't have to be an expert; he just has to be good enough to re-direct your ass.

Fify x2
Fightin TX Aggie
AG
We never saw exactly how Morgan killed pscyhiatrist Yoda.

I choose to believe he made him eat poisoned fish heads.
DannyDuberstein
AG
I thought one of the plotholes was "all life is precious", then at the end, yoda is all "I've got a gun in the mailbox, let's go blow my brains out".

I will assume that they waited until he actually died, but I thought it was kind of funny.

Objective Aggie
AG
A lot of folks mentioned the dialogue in this episode.

I like the show. But I would have to say that dialogue is one of the weaker points.

I find it interesting that rarely do they talk about the before. Now much dialogue about their pasts, etc. Herschel was good about this. Cheesemaker Yoda was good at that too. I enjoyed the Carl / Michonne conversations at Carl's old town and Carol / Darryl in Atalanta when looking for Beth. It helps to mix it up.
chase128
AG
I still think the All Life is Precious mantra he spouts becomes hypocritical when he starts endangering the peaceful people of Alexandria by allowing the Wolves to live.
easttexasaggie04
AG
I actually enjoyed this episode. Maybe because I liked the bald guy's cabin. If I was Morgan I would have considered just staying there. Seems like a pretty good setup with more fortifications and more goats. I enjoy these "change of pace" episodes from time to time. The same old characters get boring after a while....CORAL!
AgKJ
AG
quote:
I actually enjoyed this episode. Maybe because I liked the bald guy's cabin.

I have to admit, this is about as good a reason to like/hate this episode as any of the others on this thread!
rhomulus bonham
AG
quote:
I actually enjoyed this episode. Maybe because I liked the bald guy's cabin.
I must say, I also enjoyed this episode and the back story of bald guy. The only problem I had was that I will always picture bald guy as Drew Carey's cross-dressing brother from the Drew Carey show. No matter what he does, I always have that image of him in my head.
LHIOB
AG
If you think the dialogue is good then maybe you need to check out Fargo
et98
AG
One theme throughout this series is that extreme and indiscriminate violence is dangerous.
Conversely, recent episodes are showing us that extreme pacifism is equally dangerous.

EXTREME VIOLENCE
* Groups like Woodbury & Terminus chose extreme violence and a lack of pacifism...and it got them killed.
* Morgan choking that guy to death with his bare hands at the beginning of this past episode when he didn't need to contributed heavily to the eventual death of Eastman.

EXTREME PACIFISM
* Countless unnamed individuals and communities have been murdered or completely sacked because they were too "nice." Noah's gated community falling to The Wolves is a good example of that. Without Rick's groups, Alexandria would've also been a good example.
* Eastman sparing Morgan's life contributed to Eastman's death. Had Eastman killed Morgan like he should have, he would've easily handled that walker that bit him and would likely be alive today.
* Morgan sparing the Wolves in a previous episode made The Wolves' numbers stronger and more dangerous once they attacked.
* Morgan allowing those Wolves to escape Alexandria nearly got Rick killed in the previous episode.
* Glen continuing to give that Alexandrian guy chance after chance after chance when he should've given up on him proved to be dangerous (regardless if Glen lived or died).

MODERATION
* Rick's group defending themselves, being peaceful when appropriate, and being violent when necessary are why they are so strong. Joining forces with the Greene family instead of killing them in season 2 has saved the group countless times. Neutralizing the Woodbury threat while taking in one of them has proven valuable. Putting up with Daryl's nonsense and supporting Rick through his craziness instead of just killing them have paid off big time.

* Rick's group defending themselves, being peaceful when appropriate, and being violent when necessary are why Alexandria survived the Wolf invasion. Rick's group was peaceful enough to join Alexandria without feeling compelled to take it over by force. Therefore, they've gotten to live in nice houses with nearly all the amenities of pre-apocalypse society behind zombie-proof walls. However, Rick's group is violent and tough enough to defend the community against Wolf attacks when necessary.

* If Rick's group had been attacked by wolves in the forest, they probably would've died. That house made sure the baby was hidden from the Wolves, and there's no way that would've happened in the woods.

Knut
AG
Just got done watching Season 5 episode 8. At the end Morgan walks into the church and sets down the GooGoo chocolate cake, a bullet, and a rabbits foot. Not sure if that was mentioned yet, but that means they already had his story written a while back.
Philip J Fry
AG
quote:

Does it have zombies in it? If not, then I'm not interested.
Objective Aggie
AG
quote:
Just got done watching Season 5 episode 8. At the end Morgan walks into the church and sets down the GooGoo chocolate cake, a bullet, and a rabbits foot. Not sure if that was mentioned yet, but that means they already had his story written a while back.
LHIOB
AG
quote:
quote:

Does it have zombies in it? If not, then I'm not interested.

In that case watch iZombie
redbaron788
AG
Is it normal for an infection to hit that hard in less than half a day?
Philip J Fry
AG
Is it normal for an infection to kill you then reanimate you?
Rocagnante
AG
quote:
There were approximately 217 days between Rick's encounter with Morgan and when Morgan arrived at Terminus. That's a pretty good chunk of time with nothing to do but train.

I approximated 216 days, but we'll go with 217.
double aught
AG
Though crowd. I really enjoyed this one. As someone mentioned, Eastman was an interesting character for being in just one episode.
Chipotlemonger
AG
How many parts is that flight bit going to have?

Bet that dude turns while in the bathroom.
redbaron788
AG
Me? No. In twd universe also no. One kills, another separate reanimates. ****

Now if anyone else cares, according to finally successful Google searches, cellulitis caused by p. multicoda (commonly found in animal bites) can present symptoms that fast with an incubation period of 0-24 hours.

Rocagnante
AG
quote:

I thought same thing. Seemed like the bite started to affect Eastman pretty quickly.

Remember "Tainted Meat".....hadn't he been bitten for a few days?
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
quote:
quote:

I thought same thing. Seemed like the bite started to affect Eastman pretty quickly.

Remember "Tainted Meat".....hadn't he been bitten for a few days?
Once again, I think you guys are just assuming that it was a short time span. I thought it was pretty evident that it had been a day or two. But don't forget that at the CDC (I believe it was that episode) the doctor said that the times varies greatly from victim to victim. He said some turned very quickly and others took days.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.