WOW. J.J. Abrams really is directing STAR WARS EPISODE VII...

46,190 Views | 802 Replies | Last: 10 yr ago by Orlando Ayala Cant Read
Simplebay
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Last time Harrison Ford didn't phone it in? K19? What Lies Beneath? So....a decade ago?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
Either that or a rom-com about a government contractor who finds love while working on the construction of a large spherical space station only to have it all come crashing down around him in the film's final act.

Sounds more like a James Cameron epic to me!
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I'd like a post-ROTJ Admiral Ackbar movie where he is exhausted with everyone coming up to him and asking him to say "It's a Trap!"

or a story of Walrus Man overcoming long odds to fulfill his dreams of playing the violin after Obi-Wan Kenobi cut off his arm.
YouBet
AG
I would like to see a historical epic in the vein of Lawrence of Arabia involving the Empire, the Jawas and the Sandpeople set on Tatooine. On a side note, I would like to find out during the course of this movie why Jawas always yell "Houdini!"

We need more insight into these two noble peoples.
double aught
AG
I always thought it was "ooh-tee-dee!", but I like "Houdini!" better. Aspiring magicians I guess.
redline248
AG
Are y'all sure you don't want a pre-prequel? You know, Count Dooku training a young Qui-Gon Jin or an adolescent Mace Windu fighting the urges to sex up some twilek?
Red Five
AG
quote:
Mace Windu fighting the urges to sex up some twilek
It's been established in the EU that no one fights those urges. Twi'lek's are insane in bed.
Malachi Constant
AG
KOTOR 2 has some good backstory on the sand people.

An Old Republic movie would be the best.
Yoda
AG
quote:
Last time Harrison Ford didn't phone it in? K19? What Lies Beneath? So....a decade ago?

I know most don't like Crystal Skull, but I have always thought Harrison was giving it his all.
YouBet
AG
He was good in What Lies Beneath. Forgot about that movie.
Bruce Almighty
AG
quote:

I guess you didn't see 42.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
or Anchorman 2.
agracer
AG
Didn't Fett kill a lot of Jedi's or something and that's where he got his reputation.

But a "payback" version of Fett sounds like it's be a good story line to get his character going.
Red Five
AG
I dont know about "a lot", but he does have a few lightsabers in his collection of trophies.
LeonardSkinner
quote:
Don't like Crystal Skull, most, I know, but giving it all, Harrison was, always thought I have.

FIFYoda
Malachi Constant
AG
Script is complete. Sorry if Germans.

http://www.theverge.com/2014/1/20/5326760/star-wars-episode-vii-script-complete-jesse-plemons-in-talks-to-star
TCTTS
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
It still hasn't sunk in that his movie is actually happening. Seemed like a pipe dream for so long. Ok, since 2005, but that's still a long time.
Cyprian
AG
quote:
It still hasn't sunk in that his movie is actually happening. Seemed like a pipe dream for so long. Ok, since 2005, but that's still a long time.
same here. I mentally wrote this off after the prequels were done. I think it will hit me once I see a trailer or some type of a teaser poster.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Imagine how you'll feel the first time there's a photo of Mark Hamill or Harrison Ford in costume, or one of Han and Chewie in the cockpit of the Falcon.

The prequels were such a long process, it really does feel like it's not going to happen because Abrams operates so differently.

My girls turn 2 on Saturday. I saw Star Wars with my dad in the theater when I was 3 years old in 1977. They'll be almost 3 in December of 2015. They're absolutely going to see it with their dad.

Star Wars is awesome.

[This message has been edited by MuckRaker96 (edited 1/21/2014 1:19p).]
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
I saw Star Wars with my dad in the theater when I was 3 years old in 1977. They'll be 3 in December of 2015. They're absolutely going to see it with their dad.

This is why I love that these movies are happening. They're such a seminal moment for each generation that got to live through them. Even for the millenials with the prequels. I was 11 when Phantom Menace came out and it turned me onto the whole series.
Simplebay
AG
http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/entertainment/film-tv/news/fisher-confirms-star-wars-return-29940627.html

in case there was a doubt
AgMarauder04
AG
I'm sorry Yoda is gone. Would have liked to see him get all...

redline248
AG
So how far into the new movie does Hayden Christensen show up as ghost Anakin to give Luke some advice?
benMath08
AG
http://latino-review.com/2014/01/pixar-joining-star-wars-universe/
Saw it on Kotaku, but the source is TCTTS' favorite website.

I'm not quite sure how to feel about this.
Philo B 93
I've spent all day reading each post on this thread up to page 19. I'll read the last three tonight. Its been like reading a good novel as it has developed over 12 months, and it has a great conflict with the "Release Date Chronicles", which ended with TCTTS in victory and Simplebay humiliated.

If I were King of the World, I would film Star Wars Eps 10-12 first with Hammill, Ford, and Fisher at their current age. I would bring Clint Eastwood in as a consultant since he is the master of filming great movies about old people who used to be bad-asses, and still making them look like bad-asses.

Then, you would have 30 years of history and "mythology" to fill in with a really crappy trilogy of prequels that would be Eps VII-IX, and you could use unknown actors or hire good ones and abuse their talent with bad dialogue and direction.
redline248
AG
Brilliant
TCTTS
Malachi Constant
AG
Mark Hamill did an AMA on reddit today

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/1vvul8/mark_hamill_here_in_an_ama_far_far_away/
TCTTS
AG
quote:
Saw it on Kotaku, but the source is TCTTS' favorite website.

Ha, I only reference them so much because they're one of the only sites with consistently legit scoops. That, and they're pretty damn funny on Twitter. Otherwise, I really don't pay that much attention to them or read them on a consistent basis.
Malachi Constant
AG
Probably his coolest answer.

When asked if he knew about darth vader being Luke's father:
quote:
Irvin Kirshner brought me aside, and said "I know this, George knows this, and you'll be the third person who knows. If it goes out we'll know you leaked it." So i was terrified of being the one to ruin it. I remember when they screened it, Harrison turned around and said "I didn't know that! Why the f*&^ didn't you tell me?!"

Im good at keeping secrets. Especially when the goal it to maximize the enjoyment of the audience. That's why I'm worried about episode 7, they're going after casting sheets! I'm someone who doesn't want to know what I'm getting for my birthday. My sisters would go through the closets at xmas, and i hated that.

Im trying to keep the surprises for the movies, not for the internet. I hate spoilers, I like being surprised. There's a natural curiosity, and a competition to see who can reveal the most. I beg people, please lets keep it a surprise! Don't you want to be surprised? I know I do.
TCTTS
AG
From Steven Weintraub at Collider...

Steven Weintraub ‏@colliderfrosty
Mark Hamill, last May and this afternoon. Someone's been working out. Almost like he has a movie coming up...

[This message has been edited by TCTTS (edited 1/22/2014 7:08p).]
benMath08
AG
Wow, good for you Mark
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Someone on the AMA posted a sketch of a bearded Luke Sywalker. Looked badass. Hope they go for beard in Ep. VII.
YellowPot_97
AG
wow, someone did a great job on this!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.