WOW. J.J. Abrams really is directing STAR WARS EPISODE VII...

46,210 Views | 802 Replies | Last: 10 yr ago by Orlando Ayala Cant Read
Fat Bib Fortuna
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Whatever scenes they re-introduce Luke, Han, and Leia in, those scenes better have like 25 seconds of silence after you see each of them for the first time, because every audience is going to go absolutely insane seeing them on the screen again (at least I will).
mazag08
AG
I would love to see Cumberbatch as Grand Admiral Thrawn.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
^I've been thinking the same thing.
TCTTS
AG
Ha, Slashfilm posted this morning essentially the same rundown I posted last night (toward the bottom of the article)...

http://www.slashfilm.com/star-wars-bits-rumors-suggest-october-will-bring-official-episode-vii-news-plus-donald-faison-and-topher-grace/
BMX Bandit
What insanity to you anticipate you will do?
mazag08
AG
I would also love to see Michael Fassbender. He would be the perfect guy as a Jedi in the new order (maybe Lukes one and only apprentice who he felt could carry on the torch.. since his son is immature and not ready or something.. maybe him and Hans son are living a smugglers life partying gambling and always in trouble) who breaks away and becomes a three movie villian.. I imagine him as a dark Jedi.. killing any sith that are in existence and then linking up with thrawn (cumberbatch) in a new grassroots empire to take on an increasingly corrupting republic (of which Leia is very high up in trying to fight the corruption from the inside). Fassbender kills Luke at the end of the movie.. pushing Luke's son to train under him and obi wan in spirit while learning the rest of his fighting from han.

[This message has been edited by mazag08 (edited 10/10/2013 6:50p).]
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
thrawn's not in it. they said from day 1 that nobody from the eu is in it.
mazag08
AG
I know. But its my personal pipe dream. I dont understand why you cant use such a charismatic and purely evil at heart character and just change everything else. He doesnt have to do the same things or follow the book timeline. But he would be an epic 3 movie villain.

I do hate that the original EU (first 20 or so books including the X-win series) is now somehow supposed to have never happened.
Ulrich
Thrawn is an epic villain, but I disagree that he is purely evil. He's purely rational, and according to his world view the Empire must win out for the galaxy to survive so he is ruthless in pursuit of that goal. He's not the cackling Emperor torturing people for the fun of it.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Agree with Ulrich. Thrawn isn't bad for the sake of being bad; he's just a smart, strong leader that happens to be on the evil side of a fight.

Someone like Erwin Rommel might be a good comparison.
Simplebay
TCTTS
AG
Still no official news yet, obviously, but this may be just as good...

Based on the recent video clip below, which features Harrison Ford and Benedict Cumberbatch on the UK’s Graham Norton show (filmed just a few hours ago, it sounds like), I think it's safe to finally say that Cumberbatch is, in fact, in Star Wars Episode VII. There's just no other way to interpret his or Ford's reactions...

http://youtu.be/I3Og2CzpAFg

I figured Cumberbatch's rumored involvement was ultimately fan-generated at best, but this is a pretty cool surprise should it turn out to be true, and at this point, I don't see how it won't.

Also of note, just so there's no confusion, neither Ford, Hamill or Fisher have been officially confirmed yet either (hence Ford's reaction), though it's currently the worst kept secret in Hollywood.

Either way, I really don't see how Disney/Lucasfilm can keep all this under wraps much longer...

[This message has been edited by TCTTS (edited 10/11/2013 5:45p).]
Duncan Idaho
that 4 things video is spot on.
Simplebay
AG
Watching the behind the scenes for Start Trek Into Darkness, Sherlock and the Fifth Estate etc, the Hobbit....Cumberbatch is clearly Abrams' target.

If nothing else, he will attempt to get him. 100%. whether his apparently crazy schedule will allow it, who knows. Also, he ditched all Star Wars questions on his reddit AMA (shocker). Here's hoping he does NOT take Karl Urban's advice on this matter:

quote:
Somewhat taken aback by the total clarity of his denial, we asked if he was a fan of the Star Wars franchise. "Oh my God, yes," Urban replied immediately. "I grew up watching it. That was the Holy Grail for me. I was a fan of Star Trek growing up. Star Wars was it. Star Wars was like...I remember waiting for two/three years for that next installment, for Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi. I've seen every single Star Wars film, even the animated, The Clone Wars, and all that sort of stuff. I just love that universe, but that being said, I have no desire to be part of it. I don't see the worlds of Star Trek and Star Wars joining. I've made a commitment to Star Trek and I'm going to keep it. It wouldn't feel right to me. Being in Star Trek, to suddenly be in Star Wars wouldn't feel right to me."
PatAg
AG
Thats too bad too, because that guy is an awesome actor.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
You're also looking at a key ongoing character vs a villain who may or may not keep going
Simplebay
AG
word now is that Abrams is going the Chris Nolan school of thought, and going to shoot the next Star Wars in IMAX (in part)

which, of course needs to happen. The biggest movie on the biggest screen. The marketing has already written itself.
Simplebay
AG
Andddd there it is. Jedi News confirming via a European Disney Brochure for Euro Brand Licensing Show that Star Wars Episode VII is indeed, of course, set for "Spring/Summer 2015"

Aka May.

[This message has been edited by simplebay (edited 10/18/2013 6:25p).]
TCTTS
AG
The second I saw that news this morning, I was counting down the minutes/hours 'til you posted here to rub it in my face.

All I'll say is this... it's still not an official release date. A pamphlet handed out at a European licensing show is hardly confirmation. Every scheduling headache I've cited (over and over again) still exists. Until there's an actual, official announcement, I'm sticking with my November/December '15 date.

[This message has been edited by TCTTS (edited 10/18/2013 7:05p).]
Simplebay
AG
And whosl is obssesed with who here
TCTTS
AG
Not obsessed by a longshot. Just can't help but anticipate the annoyance you'll surely deliver.

Also...

quote:
The brochure also insists that the release date of Episode VII remains Spring/Summer 2015. We'll see! I know a lot of licensing deals have already been done, and they're all definitely for Spring/Summer 2015, but that doesn't mean the Disney mothership won't change that date. It remains unbelievable to me that Disney hasn't squatted a weekend yet; we're about to see release dates being claimed for 2016 (actually some movies have already staked their dates).

http://badassdigest.com/2013/10/18/look-at-all-my-sith-darth-vader-tv-specials/
TCTTS
AG
And from Ray Subers, box office / release date analyst...

Steven Weintraub ‏@colliderfrosty
STAR WARS EPISODE VII Spring/Summer 2015 Release Date Confirmed? Plus Darth Vader-Themed TV Specials Coming http://*******.com/mexp52w

Ray Subers ‏@raysubers
.@colliderfrosty EPISODE VII is still coming out in Spring/Summer 2015 the same way WOLF OF WALL STREET is still opening on November 15th.

(Just FYI, The Wolf of Wall Street is not opening November 15 anymore, though Paramount has yet to make it official.)

[This message has been edited by TCTTS (edited 10/18/2013 6:51p).]
Simplebay
AG
You need to let it go my man. If you're wrong you're wrong. It really is an internet message board
TCTTS
AG
YOU'RE THE ONE WHO BROUGHT IT UP.
sharkenleo
quote:
The second I saw that news this morning, I was counting down the minutes/hours 'til you posted here to rub it in my face.

And you wouldn't have?
Simplebay
AG
quote:
YOU'RE THE ONE WHO BROUGHT IT UP.

Good laws. The irony spilleth over
Simplebay
AG
quote:
quote:

And you wouldn't have?

NM high road it ain't worth it.

sharkie fall in line and dont ever disagree with resident Angelino TC or he will leave and we dont want that

[This message has been edited by simplebay (edited 10/18/2013 11:12p).]
TCTTS
AG
quote:
quote:

And you wouldn't have?

Oh, I totally would have. Like I said before, when/if November/December '15 is announced, I won't let you guys hear the end of it.

Difference is, I won't be doing it out of pure spite/annoyance/self-loathing, or whatever it is that drives Simplebay to endlessly and pathetically needle at my every word.

quote:
NM high road it ain't worth it.

Coming from you - that's irony.
RebAg13
AG
Inside info wars
sharkenleo
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I come to this thread hoping for some news and instead it's another sissy slap fight between you two.
TCTTS
AG
Plenty of news on this page alone.

Re: Simplebay - will try harder to ignore his antics and not get caught up in this ish.
Simplebay
AG
I literally did not address you all. I posted news. You came *****ing. Jesus christ
TCTTS
AG
The tone of the post was directed specifically at the claims I had been making. And it wasn't just that post in this thread I was referring to. Either way, congrats on your attempts these past couple of days to try and turn this around and make ME out to be the crazy/annoying one. From here on out, I'm done acknowledging your posts in any way.
Any Star Wars news? No? Then shut the **** UP!!!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.