WOW. J.J. Abrams really is directing STAR WARS EPISODE VII...

46,270 Views | 802 Replies | Last: 10 yr ago by Orlando Ayala Cant Read
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
More clues they're doing this one right...

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/jj-abrams-to-shoot-star-wars-episode-vii-in-35mm-film-with-cinematographer-dan-mindel-20130822
Simplebay
AG
I was told Nolan and Spielberg have been the holdouts. I thought Abrams was already on digital.

I knew those two had personally recruited Scorsese
Saxsoon
AG
I think he is digital but shows that he really wants to capture the look of this one and do it right.
sharkenleo
The shooting on film/digital is probably the least of my worries with this new trilogy.

But cool to see film isn't dead.
TCTTS
AG
The usually spot-on Latino Review have not only just revealed an apparent January 21, 2014 start-date for Episode VII, but also confirmed they're hearing a December 2015 release as well...

http://latino-review.com/2013/08/exclusive-star-wars-episode-vii-start-date
Simplebay
AG
Compelling, but seen em wrong before.

Call me when theforce.net breaks it. Don't mess with those guys and SW news
TCTTS
AG
quote:
Compelling, but seen em wrong before.

Call me when theforce.net breaks it. Don't mess with those guys and SW news

That's why I said "the usually spot-on" Latino Review.

And I worked with theforce.net over a decade ago. My exact task was managing an Episode II scriptment, based purely on rumor and whatever "insiders" were willing to give us. They're not that solid. As far as news goes, they haven't been relevant in years. It'll take one of the big three (Deadline, Variety or The Hollywood Reporter) to confirm, if the official SW site itself doesn't do it first. Still not expecting any official 'til October/November, though.

Either way, Latino Review is saying they'll have more Episode VII scoops this week. Will post when they hit...
sharkenleo
Aggie sites.
TCTTS
AG
Btw, how crazy it that Star Wars, Batman vs. Superman and The Avengers: Age of Ultron will all be filming at the exact same time? The amount of spy-photo set pics dropping during that time is going to be insane.
Simplebay
AG
Let's hope they do a better job than Cotillard walking down the fling Philly courthouse steps with Banes gang in tow
TCTTS
AG
quote:
Let's hope they do a better job than Cotillard walking down the fling Philly courthouse steps with Banes gang in tow

Agreed. Can't believe they shot that in broad daylight. Then again, I probably shouldn't be looking at crappy set pics either...
TCTTS
AG
Two more actors in consideration for roles, according to Latino Review...

http://latino-review.com/2013/08/exclusive-disney-calls-stripper-and-wendy-darling-forstar-wars-episode-vii/

Rachel Hurd-Wood seems like a great choice (though I don't know much about her), but I can't stand Alex Pettyfer. 99% of the time, I'm able to separate the actor from whatever role they're playing, but that Pettyfer kid just seethes apathetic douchiness. The couple movies I've seen him in, he's been absolutely lifeless.

[This message has been edited by TCTTS (edited 8/28/2013 3:33p).]
TCTTS
AG
Glad Badass Digest shares my concern for Pettyfer...

http://badassdigest.com/2013/08/29/jesus-god-please-dont-let-alex-pettyfer-be-in-the-new-star-wars

Also interested to hear about this:

quote:
I do think we're very close to some major casting announcements, and there's been a huge rumor ping-ponging among the film bloggers that could surface in a couple of days. I won't be the guy to do so - I just don't feel confident enough to put it in writing - but if it's true people will be happy. Happier than they will be with Alex Pettyfer, that's for sure.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I told my wife, who went with her legions of friends to see Magic Mike in the theater, about Alex Pettyfer being rumored and she said "Oh gosh, I hope not, he sucks."

TCTTS
Simplebay
AG
Alex Pettyfer is so bad. I like DJ Caruso (The Shield, Disturbia, Taking Lives), but I Am Number Four was one of the worst pieces of crap ever, and it had freaking Timothy Olyphant in it.

I blame this on Alex Pettyfer(haven't seen Magic Mike) and therefore keep him the hell away from my Star Wars
Ulrich
A huge rumor that will make people happy... what could that mean. Here are some wild guesses with the following criteria: generally well liked actors (no Ben Afflecks), don't have a bunch of movies in pre production on IMDB, young enough for an epic 3 movie set, big enough to be a huge rumor, and I can imagine them in Star Wars:
Kevin Spacey
Gary Oldman
Joaquin Phoenix
Hugo Weaving
Ed Norton
Steve Buscemi
Robert Downey Jr.
Hugh Jackman
Aaron Eckhart
TCTTS
AG
I'd take anyone of those guys.
sharkenleo
Steve Buscemi? In Star Wars? Really?
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I can see Buscemi hanging out in the cantina.
YellowPot_97
AG
the only thing that could make that list worst would be some twilight actors. I can't see any of them in a star wars movie. too much name and big movie recognition.
Ulrich
I'm not the one who implied it was going to be someone big, those are just some names that appear to me as actors who fall into the sweet spot of being widely recognized and largely respected but still not "take over the movie" level superstars. Besides, it seems like Gary Oldman is in everything. Probability alone dictates that he'll be in Star Wars, too.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Oldman was the original choice to voice General Grievous, but the strike that was going on at the time stopped that from happening.
sharkenleo
quote:
I can't see any of them in a star wars movie. too much name and big movie recognition.

Agreed, Star Wars is the kind of franchise where I'd rather see characters than actors, so I would prefer semi-unknowns, like Peter Jackson did with LOTR.

[This message has been edited by sharkenleo (edited 8/30/2013 10:11a).]
Jim01
AG
Yeah Alex Pettyfer would be horrible.

I remember one of the most telling articles I read was whe Magic Mike was on the cover of EW and there was a 4-5 page spread on it where they interviewed the stars over drinks. The only one missing? Alex. The others came off as geniunely being good friends with each other. It was never mentioned why Alex wasn't there, and not one of his co-stars brought his name up. Without saying a word it was pretty obvious what they all thought of him.
Simplebay
AG
Think I mentioned this in another thread.....but rumor has it BENEDICT CUMBERBATCH is in.
TCTTS
AG
^ Yup, looks like this the rumor all the bloggers have been hinting at for days now...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/30/benedict-cumberbatch-star-wars_n_3845096.html

I'd say there's definitely some legitimacy behind this one.

[This message has been edited by TCTTS (edited 9/2/2013 12:45p).]
Aggie_Journalist
AG
Cumberpatch would be pretty awesome.
TCTTS
AG
A few more tiny details, mainly that his role will (potentially) "continue throughout the whole new trilogy," which is exactly what I was hoping for, regardless of the actor. Hoping they're finally done with the one-off villain strategy from the prequels...

http://badassdigest.com/2013/09/02/benedict-cumberbatch-rumored-for-star-wars-episode-vii
jeffk
AG
I think Hollywood is conspiring to make sure I never get any new Sherlock episodes to watch.
Simplebay
AG
Season 3 of sherlock is already wrapped and Cumberbatch is contractually guaranteed to do 2 more
jeffk
AG
Season 5 will air in 2027 at this rate though.
Simplebay
AG
Not as a result of Star Wars. Next year SW, one year break, year after sherlock 4, year after star wars 8...see where I'm going.

Besides Sherlock took less than 3 months to film, and that was while filming another movie.
Simplebay
AG
Not as a result of Star Wars. Next year SW, one year break, year after sherlock 4, year after star wars 8...see where I'm going.

Besides Sherlock took less than 3 months to film, and that was while filming another movie.
jeffk
AG
Sorry, I forgot you have no sense of humor.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.