WOW. J.J. Abrams really is directing STAR WARS EPISODE VII...

46,219 Views | 802 Replies | Last: 10 yr ago by Orlando Ayala Cant Read
Fat Bib Fortuna
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Prequels 3PO was pretty awful, especially his "action scenes" in AOTC, but he was good in ROTS, and had the last line (and laugh) of the movie.

I saw Anthony Daniels hosting the Music of Star Wars at Toyota Center in 2009 with the Houston Symphony - say this for the guy, he has a really deep reverence for the SW Universe.

Ditto on not being able to imagine SW without the Skywalkers - the stand-alone movies can cover other stuff. Personally, I can't wait to see Luke with a lightsaber in hand again.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
I like 3PO sticking around if only for what he brings out from the characters around him. When I think of Han Solo, I think of 3PO telling him the chances of surviving an asteroid belt are 3,720 to one, and Solo snapping "Never tell me the odds."

3PO individually is annoying, but as a tool for other characters to interact with and bounce their personalities off of, he's great.
TCTTS
AG
Great point, Aggie_Journalist. Never thought of him in those terms.
TCTTS
AG
If Saoirse Ronan didn't get the part she was up for simply because she mentioned she had auditioned, Jason Flemyng may very well be banned for life from all Disney movies after a posting A PAGE OF THE SCRIPT to Instagram...

http://latino-review.com/2013/11/red-star-wars-episode-vii-script-makes-internet-debut/

Granted, the resolution isn't high enough to really decipher anything, but still. You know the internet's already putting this image through its paces, trying to glean whatever they can...
TCTTS
AG
And just a reminder, from Collider...

quote:
It’s important to note that not only is the script for Episode VII being held under lock and key in Abrams’ mystery box, but it’s still very much in flux. As such, if this image is indeed real it’s probably a collection of sides written specifically for the audition and not actual pages from the Episode VII script. This is a technique used when directors are trying to keep their story locked down, and one employed regularly by Christopher Nolan.
redline248
AG
Burn him at the stake!
Simplebay
TCTTS
AG
I say the more unknowns, the better. Kid's got a good look, too (i.e. not a Zac Efron-type)...

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=91262
PatAg
AG
He was decent in Skins. 2 of the original male leads in the first group of that show are already playing somewhat big roles in movies/shows. The guy playing Gendry in Game of Thrones was in Skins, and the guy playing Beast in the new xmen was as well.
TCTTS
AG
Pretty good little blurb / wrap-up from Badass Digest on the current state of affairs...

http://badassdigest.com/2013/12/13/star-wars-episode-vii-script-not-done-yet/
Bruce Almighty
AG
Sorry if already mentioned on this thread, but there are rumors of a Han Solo origin movie in 2016.
Simplebay
AG

Pignorant
AG
Is that real??
Brian Earl Spilner
No
TCTTS
AG
Once again... context, Simplebay. Context.

(i.e. "Check out these fan-made posters...")
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
To be fair I don't think a lot of people will confuse those for authentic when the script isn't even finished.
TCTTS
AG
True.
Simplebay
AG
those are fan becaus: obviously. you're typing this, and therefore the internet is still working. which means they're not real.

first one is awesome. second is meh.

in other actual news: apparently the script is due at the beginning of February.
wangus12
AG
Curious as to which weapon sliced a destroyer in two. Impressive
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Most impressive.
SteadicaTm
AG
Had a hard time finding a fight choreographer and stunt performers to finish the last few days of the movie I was just shooting.

Everyone's response: Can't do it. Preparing for my Star Wars audition.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
quote:
Had a hard time finding a fight choreographer and stunt performers to finish the last few days of the movie I was just shooting.

Everyone's response: Can't do it. Preparing for my Star Wars audition.
TCTTS
AG
That's awesome/hilarious.
RebAg13
YouBet
AG
First photo: there is no fire in space.

[/space nerds]
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
There has to be a breathable air inside the Star Destroyer, meaning there is oxygen.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Instead of the endless spinning of our wheels about what's going to happen, let's talk about some things - real or humorous - that we really want to see in Episode VII.

I'll start off

The Millenium Falcon
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Yoda
RedbeardAG
AG
Space boobs
PatAg
AG
Better be at least one ******* lightsaber. And hopefully some political/gangster machinations.
PatAg
AG
and a superb villain
friend of cheese
Jar Jar </ducks>

[This message has been edited by friend of cheese (edited 12/20/2013 3:18p).]
YouBet
AG
I want to see Han shoot someone first.
YouBet
AG
I want to see rogue elements of Storm Troopers who got stranded on Endor after the "Battle" wage guerrilla warfare on the Ewoks.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.