WOW. J.J. Abrams really is directing STAR WARS EPISODE VII...

44,971 Views | 802 Replies | Last: 10 yr ago by Orlando Ayala Cant Read
Simplebay
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Talks of delays in Sherlock, even at the expense of SW, is no laughing matter
jeffk
AG
They are indeed serious bidness.
TCTTS
AG
Re: Cumberbatch - reading between the lines, it definitely sounds like something is potentially brewing...

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=86610
PatAg
AG
I could see him as a good guy or a bad guy..or even a neutral. Interesting. Being a good actor is all that matters to me, and he definitely is.
Simplebay
AG
So it's apparently called Star Wars Episode 7: A New Dawn?

This can't be right
Simplebay
AG
Dp

[This message has been edited by simplebay (edited 9/9/2013 4:45p).]
TCTTS
AG
"A New Dawn" was a rumor debunked almost a year ago that re-emerged for whatever reason in the past few days.
TCTTS
AG
More evidence of holiday 2015 release...

http://www.thewrap.com/disney-shifts-marvels-ant-man-to-summer-of-2015/

Also, talked to a friend this weekend who works for Bruckheimer (who has a production deal at Dinsey) and he's hearing November. Surely we'll find out soon...
asmith96
summer 2015 gets a little less crowded for Disney...
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/pirates-caribbean-5-delayed-beyond-625570
Simplebay
AG
Saw that. Definitely more evidence of a summer release
Simplebay
AG
Dp

[This message has been edited by simplebay (edited 9/11/2013 10:56a).]
AliasMan02
AG
Cumberbatch would be great in a third-party role, like Talon Karrde in the Thrawn books. Independent businessman/crime lord looking to increase his stake as the galaxy endures some crisis. Extravagant space yacht, fancy clothes, and ruthless-while-smiling demeanor. Maybe a bit like Little Finger from GoT, but less psychotic.
TCTTS
AG
Potential location & casting news...

http://latino-review.com/2013/09/star-wars-episode-vii-to-film-in-the-city-of-crosses
sharkenleo
Saoirse Ronan is gorgeous.
TCTTS
AG
Now THIS is awesome. Michael B. Jordan and David Oyelowo apparently up for roles...

http://latino-review.com/2013/09/exclusive-guess-which-two-actors-went-in-for-star-wars-episode-vii/
TCTTS
AG
Thought this was pretty good. Short, but right on point...

"4 Rules to Make Star Wars Great Again"

http://youtu.be/_joDNOpeWWo
double aught
AG
Yep, good points. Love the illustrations in that video too.
TCTTS
AG
Agreed. It's surprisingly well done.
sharkenleo
The Yoda part gave me goosebumps. Yeah, I'm a nerd.
jeffk
AG
Las Cruces is surrounded by some beautiful places, but I feel sorry for the film crew and cast if they have to stay in the city for an extended period of time.
Bruce Almighty
AG
Star Wars rumor of the day: Daniel Day Lewis was seen having lunch with George Lucas and Kathleen Kennedy. Probably nothing since Lewis and Kennedy worked together on Lincoln, but you never know..........
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
A Star Wars movie with Daniel-Day Lewis and Benedict Cumberbatch would be staggering.
TCTTS
AG
quote:
A Star Wars movie with Daniel-Day Lewis and Benedict Cumberbatch would be staggering.

This.

Also, Saoirse Ronan confirmed that she's (potentially) up for a role. If so, I think she'd be a great addition. Seems like she'd fit the SW world well...

http://news.sky.com/story/1148795/saoirse-ronan-up-for-star-wars-part
TCTTS
AG
Btw, I would expect official casting/release/title/plot announcements to finally start dropping in the next six weeks or so. The rumor has always been that Disney/Lucasfilm would start making things official around October/November, which makes sense, considering they start shooting in January...
tylhair
AG
Thanks TCTTS. I have pretty much stopped looking at movie websites. If its news that matters at all it will be posted on this board, usually by you.

Thanks for saving me some time/effort and providing industry info.
TCTTS
Simplebay
AG
this piece of breaking news about Star Wars hit my desk today. crucial.

double aught
AG
Who dat?
Simplebay
AG
sara jean underwood
TCTTS
AG
Just FYI, LOTS of chatter that Disney/Lucasfilm will start making some official casting / release date announcements either this week or next. Tomorrow (Thursday) is sounding like the most probable date, but who knows...
sharkenleo
Nice. Excited.
MROD92
RebAg13
TCTTS
AG
I don't mean to be spreading nonsense - which this very well could be - but this is potentially too cool not to mention. In addition to casting and title announcements, there's word that an "announcement teaser" of sorts - featuring Hamill as Luke - MIGHT be released in conjunction with whatever announcements are coming.

The New York Comic-Con begins tomorrow (Thursday, the 10th) and there's a chance it could debut there. Then again, everyone thought Episode VII news would hit in July at the San Diego Comic-Con, and then again at the D23 Expo in August, and neither of those obviously happened. But there definitely seems to be more chatter this go-around, and even back in July, certain folks in-the-know were saying October/November.

So it's sounding like official announcements are imminent, likely within the next week or so (as early as Thursday), with a less-likely chance of an "announcement teaser" debuting in conjunction. Personally, I doubt a teaser happens, but Abrams IS known for surprising us with them in the past. Before a single frame of either Cloverfield or Super 8 were shot, specially-made teasers for each were released in theaters, totally unannounced. If one exists for Episode VII, it probably won't be in theaters, but an online-only kind of thing is definitely plausible. Either way, we should find out soon...
TCTTS
AG
Did a bit more digging, just to see if I could find any more speculation about the announcement teaser...

- Looks like there are two camps: those who say official news this week / next week, and those who say official news isn't coming 'til the 23rd.

- Though, even the reports of the 23rd say it might get moved up because of the Apple event on the 22nd (new iPads/Macs being announced), and Disney doesn't want to announce the day after.

- Either way, both are saying official news definitely won't happen the last week of October as to not overshadow promotion for Thor 2 (coming out Nov. 8). Disney wants plenty of time/space to properly market that one, without any Star Wars news overshadowing.

- However, there are ALSO reports saying Harrison Ford has told Disney to hold off on any announcements until after he's done promotion for Ender's Game (Nov. 1), so he doesn't have to field SW questions all during the Ender's junket.

- So, who knows. The this week / next week camp definitely seems to be the most confident, and to me, it makes the most sense, considering all factors.

- As for the announcement teaser, there's another report saying it won't be released 'til April 4, 2014, with Captain America 2, at which point they'll reveal the official release date as November 11, 2015. But honestly, that strategy doesn't make a ton of sense to me, as I figure Disney will start officially advertising Avengers 2 in theaters before they start advertising Episode VII. I still say the first theatrical trailer doesn't debut in theaters until December '14 with Disney's Tomorrowland. As for the 11/11/15 date, a buddy of mine who works at Bruckheimer, who has a deal with Disney, has been saying for a month or so that he's hearing it'll be a November release, so that part may potentially check out. I just doubt they wait all the way 'til April to make it official.

In other words, no one really has any idea what the hell is going on, only that official news (and a teaser) COULD drop as early as THURSDAY (which is already today in Texas)...

[This message has been edited by TCTTS (edited 10/10/2013 1:21a).]

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.