WOW. J.J. Abrams really is directing STAR WARS EPISODE VII...

46,207 Views | 802 Replies | Last: 10 yr ago by Orlando Ayala Cant Read
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Tctts has to have the last word on all arguments on the on the E board.
TCTTS
AG
If defending what I believe to be true = having to have the last word, then yes, you're exactly right.
Rudyjax
AG
You're not supposed to post after someone says you have to have the last word.
Farmer1906
AG
You defend it and take over the thread with petty details that don't agree 100% with you.
mid90
AG
quote:

Tctts has to have the last word on all arguments on the on the E board.

quote:
You defend it and take over the thread with petty details that don't agree 100% with you.

As an entertainment board lurker, I give this +11tybillion
LeFraud
Serious question. How long had you planned to use that gif tctts?
Farmer1906
AG
And tctts, I dont mean to come off like a dick. I'm usually on the same side of arguments as you. I love your informative posts and movie reviews.
TCTTS
AG
I apologize for needling certain points. I've said this (many times) before, and I'll say it again, but I'm fairly passionate about this stuff (in case that wasn't apparent by now), I thoroughly enjoy debating, yet I'm constantly having to remind myself on here (and I'm constantly reminded by others) that my enthusiasm/passion can sometimes be interpreted as relentless needling / I-know-more-than-you antics. Again, this is my job. So of course I'm going to feel like I have an edge when it comes to certain points. But please know that my attitude comes only from a place of passion, not from ever trying put anyone in their place, trying to be the smartest guy in the room, etc. So I apologize for coming off a certain way, or hammering certain points too much. I guess it's just in my nature. If I express a certain opinion, or claim something I know to be fact, and someone disagrees, I'm not one to just say, "Cool. Let's agree to disagree" or ignore it. I'm going to defend my point. Especially when dozens of people are continually telling me I'm wrong about something I feel in my gut is right, like with the whole release date thing (which I admit I overcompensated for and needled far too much).

When it comes to this movie specifically, this early in the process, I'm simply far more interested in discussing its release merits, what it means in comparison to the rest of the movie landscape, etc. The last thing I want to talk about is light saber colors. Yes, I obviously enjoy delving into potential plot points here and there, and offer what I can when I can in that regard, but it all just seems so completely arbitrary at this point, having no true indication where the filmmakers are taking the story yet. So, instead, I've tried to focus more on the concrete aspects happening now (release date shuffling, behind-the-scenes stuff, potential casting, etc.). Seeing as I started this thread, I feel like I have a certain authorship and responsibility to keep it from getting too off course. But I realize I need to do a better job of letting it go where the conversation takes it and not trying to steer it in a certain direction, even if that means discussing light saber colors and random EU stuff that has no bearing on the actual plot.

The last thing I want to be perceived as is a d*ck. So, again, I apologize. I'll try and dial it back from here on out.

[This message has been edited by TCTTS (edited 11/9/2013 10:16a).]
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Really no need to apologize, TCTTS. I enjoy a good debate as much as you do.
TCTTS
Rudyjax
AG
TCTS brings a childlike passion for movies. Reminds me of me and my friends. One of my buds in high school is an editor/ assistant editor. We would routinely see 2-3 movies a weekend. Somewhere a long the way I lost my passion for movies.
Elliot P. Campbell
AG
Tctts, are you in the filmmaking business or are you a critic/journalist?
TCTTS
AG
Screenwriter.
Elliot P. Campbell
AG
I may request contact info soon, iydm
YouBet
AG
I'm still pumped this is getting made at all. The prequels, while appreciated, were a letdown in many ways. Here's hoping these can live up to the wonder that was the originals.

First movie I ever saw was Star Wars when it came out in '77. Saw it at a drive-in. Shaped my life.
Simplebay
AG
Great info. As someone who also is close to the industry....wayyyyy too personal.
TCTTS
AG
^ Is that directed at me?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I was wondering what he was talking about as well.

Still waiting on him to explain this
quote:
And so at least 3/4 of that blowing his nutt will be all over me cu think Winter 2015 is retarded
TCTTS
AG
Ha! I still have no clue about that other one either. If it's not a direct contradiction to something I've said, his posts are usually either incoherent or completely context free.
jeffk
AG
Simplebay is best ignored.
Farmer1906
AG
quote:

+1 but especially in the bball board.
RebAg13
AG
quote:
quote:

+1 but especially in the bball board.
TCTTS
AG
Technically the first official behind-the-scenes pic from Episode VII has just arrived via Bad Robot's Twitter feed. I can't imagine Star Wars without R2D2 and C-3PO, but was still kind of hoping we'd move on from them in these next three movies. Guess not...

[This message has been edited by TCTTS (edited 11/14/2013 4:07p).]
R2, fine.

3P0 started to inch toward being on the same level of annoying as Jar Jar.
TCTTS
AG
quote:
3P0 started to inch toward being on the same level of annoying as Jar Jar.

This.
Rex Racer
AG
Threepio is fine as long as they cut out the cheesy lines that George gave him in Episodes II & III.

[This message has been edited by Rex Racer (edited 11/14/2013 5:03p).]
double aught
AG
Less CGI that the previous three flicks I hope?
hunter2012
AG
It's JJ Abrams, so MORE LENS FLARE...
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
You wanted a Star Wars movie without R2D2?

I'd watch R2D2 rolling around a shopping mall for 90 minutes over 90% of the movies out today.
Texaggie7nine
quote:
Less CGI that the previous three flicks I hope?

How awesome would it be if he went back to the old stop motion technique.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
I can't imagine Star Wars without R2D2 and C-3PO

And neither can any true SW fan. You can't take them out. It'd be like a Batman movie without Alfred.
TCTTS
AG
quote:
You wanted a Star Wars movie without R2D2?

It's not so much R2D2/C-3PO, it's what they represent. Meaning, if we're following them around, we're also likely following around the Skywalkers, Solos, etc. Same old families out of billions in this giant universe. Don't get me wrong, it'll be awesome seeing Luke/Liea/Han again, I was just hoping the main focus would be on some different families/characters as well. And who knows, maybe it still will be.

[This message has been edited by TCTTS (edited 11/14/2013 5:43p).]
benMath08
AG
I can't imagine the main character not being a Skywalker.
redline248
AG
It's also just a galaxy, not a universe.
YouBet
AG
The guy in the hoodie secretly agrees with TC. Such contempt on his face.

Kind of with you though. I'm fine with R2. He's still a favorite of mine but 3PO wears me out at this point.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.