*****2024 Summer Olympics*****

80,741 Views | 1213 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by DoitBest
DannyDuberstein
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yeah, headed for an L from a country known for mountains and snow. Still time to turn it around tho
AJ02
AG
Makes you really miss Misty May and Walsh.
DannyDuberstein
AG
These swiss girls are hot at least
YokelRidesAgain
AG
wangus12 said:

China has a bunch of boxers somehow in the SFs of their respective weight classes wtf
Fortunately for US hopes, their welterweight lady boxer is going to be fighting the man from Algeria.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
monarch
S
Don't forget the 5th place guy was a yank also so basically 3 out of the top 5 were Americans !
Peace for Ukraine!
Cappo
AG
Gabby a beast
DannyDuberstein
AG
That video of Sydney Mclaughlin's 400M hurdle olympic trial time tracking with the regular non-hurdle 400M race at Tokyo is nuts.
TexasAggie81
wangus12 said:

YokelRidesAgain said:

What a diving podium: China, China, North Korea.
Still 3 more diving events. China will most likely win Gold in all 8 diving events.

Same goes with Table Tennis so another 2 golds there.

They'll probably win both golds for synchronized swimming since Russia isn't there.

China also won 50% of the Golds in weightlifting in 2021. If they do the same this year, its another 5 golds.

So you are looking at China probably ending up around 35+ Golds.

The USA has their work cut out for them.

Their diving medals have offset a lot of our swimming success in the pool.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
TexasAggie81 said:

wangus12 said:

YokelRidesAgain said:

What a diving podium: China, China, North Korea.
Still 3 more diving events. China will most likely win Gold in all 8 diving events.

Same goes with Table Tennis so another 2 golds there.

They'll probably win both golds for synchronized swimming since Russia isn't there.

China also won 50% of the Golds in weightlifting in 2021. If they do the same this year, its another 5 golds.

So you are looking at China probably ending up around 35+ Golds.

The USA has their work cut out for them.

Their diving medals have offset a lot of our swimming success in the pool.

Various predictors I saw early on had US between 39-42 gold and China at 34-40.

I think if we win what we should we will finish ahead of them.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Cappo said:

Gabby a beast

Definitely. Also an indictment of FloJo's WR/OR in 1988 which is half a second faster than what Gabby ran today. Such a stupid unclean record
StinkyPinky
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

That video of Sydney Mclaughlin's 400M hurdle olympic trial time tracking with the regular non-hurdle 400M race at Tokyo is nuts.
Wasn't it? I thought that was pretty cool.
wangus12
AG
USA Womens Cycling Team Pursuit advances to Gold Medal match tonight vs New Zealand
Ag Since 83
AG
The American and Japanese figure skaters just got their team medals from 2022 Beijing where the medal ceremony was postponed because of a Russian drug test failure. They did the full ceremony with the anthem and everything at the place by the Seine where the opening ceremonies were.

Kind of awkward, but cool that they got to do the ceremony in front of fans vs. no fans in Beijing two years ago
Ag Since 83
AG
Bronze for Hampton Morris in weightlifting (China took gold of course)
wangus12
AG
China will rack up a lot of Golds in Weightlifting
YokelRidesAgain
AG
wangus12 said:

Stanozolol is a helluva drug.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
taylorswift13_
Men's volleyball loses in the 5th set 15-13 to Poland to make it to the gold medal match
StinkyPinky
AG
taylorswift13_ said:

Men's volleyball loses in the 5th set 15-13 to Poland to make it to the gold medal match
Dang!
wangus12
AG
Damn we needed that. I think we are gonna need some more unexpected golds at this point.
JDUB08AG
AG
Barely missed out on the men's park gold
taylorswift13_
Hopefully Katie Moon gets one today in the pole vault and Quincy Hall in the 400
taylorswift13_
I'm a big canoe sprint fan now

https://instagr.am/p/C-YEzL4Mzsh
DannyDuberstein
AG
YokelRidesAgain said:

wangus12 said:

China is the reason weightlifting will no longer be in the Olympics in 2028. Dirty sport can't clean itself up
JDUB08AG
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

YokelRidesAgain said:

wangus12 said:

China is the reason weightlifting will no longer be in the Olympics in 2028. Dirty sport can't clean itself up
Really? I wasn't aware it was getting dropped.

Is baseball and softball coming back?
Ag Since 83
AG
Gold in the women's team pursuit
PascalsWager
AG
We haven't really talked about her yet, but Kristen Faulkner might be having the best Olympics of any US Olympian. Gold in the women's road race. Now gold in the indoor team pursuit!

Incredible!
DannyDuberstein
AG
JDUB08AG said:

DannyDuberstein said:

YokelRidesAgain said:

wangus12 said:

Actually, I have old news. They did drop it for 28 (announced Jan 2022) but late last year agreed to reinstate it. But that drama was 100% due to the fact it is dirty.
YokelRidesAgain
AG
Rai Benjamin so far ahead in the stretch of the 400 m hurdle semifinals that he is jogging home. Time to take down another blowhard Norwegian!
Nanomachines son
DannyDuberstein said:

JDUB08AG said:

DannyDuberstein said:

YokelRidesAgain said:

wangus12 said:

Actually, I have old news. They did drop it for 28 (announced Jan 2022) but late last year agreed to reinstate it. But that drama was 100% due to the fact it is dirty.

Honestly? There is no way to make it clean. It's impossible. All of the competitors at the top level use, 100% of them. You cannot compete without using.

It doesn't help that basically zero powerlifting or strongman competitions ever test for steroids and don't care.

You can either choose to accept that it is dirty across the board or you eliminate it as a sport. There are no other options because everyone is dirty.
MaroonStain
AG
Me and family have been disappointed in volleyball outcomes. Watched all games and was in it to win it.
YokelRidesAgain
AG
US takes down Australia in the men's water polo quarterfinal in a penalty shootout!
DannyDuberstein
AG
I don't think they were expecting it to get fully clean. No one reasonably would expect that with this sport. But if I recall, I do think the complete lack of effort to even attempt to get it cleaner was what they cited when banning it. It was basically a "your sport is dirty and you aren't even trying" messaga
94chem
So, I read that the rectangular boxes handed out at the podium contain a poster. I had just been assuming it was a baguette.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
YokelRidesAgain
AG
As expected, China wins gold in the "sport" of team artistic swimming. USA leads 25-24.
YokelRidesAgain
AG
WHAT A COMEBACK BY QUINCY HALL!!!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.