*****2024 Summer Olympics*****

80,261 Views | 1213 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by DoitBest
safety guy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I thought the show was all over the place. Part was good, part was huh??? But that is to be expected in a non American country. I thought the can can presentation was bad. The girls looked like they did not know what to do. The athletes in the boat was different but you really could not follow any of them and the flag bearers were just a waste except the one guy who got on top of the front of the boat holding his flag. NBC coverage was poor. Peyton manning and Kelly clarkson were just a waste and Mike tirico did not sound prepared. Maria Taylor, I guess can only interview one type of athlete. Snoop dog does not need to be involved. Musical performance were great. The Olympic flag and the torch part were cheesy but they are history and very moving. The 100 yr old guy brought a tear to my eye. I was not surprised to see Nadal as part of the presentation but was surprised that Yannick Noah was not a part. I thought he or Zidane would be the guy at the end of the torch lighting even though zidane was on twice earlier. Have no idea who the last guy was.
JOHN2010
AG
Yes.

The opening ceremony, and especially the commentary, is absolute trash
ShotOver
AG
Did they celebrate trans athletes?
monarch
S
Opening ceremony was pathetic
Peace for Ukraine!
monarch
S
Missing me some Athing Mu.
Peace for Ukraine!
MsDoubleD81
AG
It's in France.
gabehcoud
The Dallas Stars knight/alien thing made it to the head of the Opening Ceremony
tk for tu juan
Audio without the commentary, wish I could find a video without it. Maybe Gojira will post it eventually

tk for tu juan
Interesting mix of crowds switching back and forth between Dressage and Handball.
monarch
S
Remember, the next summer games are in SoCal in 28. I pray our showing isn't as screwed up and pathetic as Paris. But we are the US and Hollywood is right there and CaliCool is there and I'm already dreading this.
Peace for Ukraine!
ShotOver
AG
That was the most disgusting opening ceremony ever. How is that crap even thought of? I could care less about watching any of that s**t…. Somehow, California will look to top that in '28….
KCup17
AG
On another note: Chloe Dygert starts the USA medal count with a Bronze in the Women's individual time trial.
YokelRidesAgain
AG
KCup17 said:

On another note: Chloe Dygert starts the USA medal count with a Bronze in the Women's individual time trial.

Diving won silver in the 3m springboard synchronized event earlier this morning.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
chap
AG
YokelRidesAgain said:

KCup17 said:

Diving won silver in the 3m springboard synchronized event earlier this morning.

Kassidy Cook from The Woodlands.
KCup17
AG
YokelRidesAgain said:

KCup17 said:

Alas I am late to the party. Awesome that Kassidy and her partner won Silver!
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
StinkyPinky said:

I'm like a kid when it comes to the Olympics. Have watched them religiously since a small kid from start to finish. Looking forward to the next two weeks.

Link to Schedule/Results
https://olympics.com/en/paris-2024/schedule/grid

This part. I'll watch the most random niche sports. I love the Olympics so much.
Pahdz
Getting into men's field hockey at the moment this looks like a fun game
StinkyPinky
AG
We get mens US table tennis vs Moldova as a lead up to the US/NZ soccer game. This is why I love the olympics
StinkyPinky
AG
Wow, Fiji continuing their dominance in the Rugby 7 vs Australia. Impressive wins.
KCup17
AG
I love how all of a sudden I become an expert in the most niche sports.
YokelRidesAgain
AG
KCup17 said:

I know, can you believe how the referees missed a knock on before Fiji's last try in the quarterfinals against Ireland? I totally know what those words mean!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
StinkyPinky
AG
US up 2-0 in mens soccer vs New Zealand.
MAROON
AG
Sweden/Germany men's team handball. What a great sport
StinkyPinky
AG
StinkyPinky said:

US up 2-0 in mens soccer vs New Zealand.

3 - 0 US. Only 30 mins in.
StinkyPinky
AG
YokelRidesAgain said:

KCup17 said:

I know, can you believe how the referees missed a knock on before Fiji's last try in the quarterfinals against Ireland? I totally know what those words mean!
LOL!
KCup17
AG
This game makes me realize how good that France squad is. We are completely controlling this game and France thumped us 3-0. I know we were a little better than the scoreline but still.
YokelRidesAgain
AG
France shocks Fiji to win the gold in rugby!

It looks like France's national stadium is filled to capacity for this game.
StinkyPinky
AG
Big moment for the home crowd in Rugby finals. Fiji looking shocked.
YokelRidesAgain
AG
Titmus v. Ledecky 400 meter freestyle race coming up next!
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
YokelRidesAgain said:

Titmus v. Ledecky 400 meter freestyle race coming up next!

So pumped.
KCup17
AG
The 17 year old from Canada put on a show!
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
NBC needs to put the WR/OR records up on the screen during these kind of events.
tk for tu juan
The graphics come from the Olympic Broadcasting Services (OBS) video feed that all networks use. They usually put a WR line if someone is beating it or close to it
Aggie Therapist
AG
Head Ninja In Charge said:

NBC needs to put the WR/OR records up on the screen during these kind of events.

They literally just did
DeadCiv
AG
tk for tu juan said:

The graphics come from the Olympic Broadcasting Services (OBS) video feed that all networks use. They usually put a WR line if someone is beating it or close to it

Not sure that's entirely true. I know a kid that's in Atlanta right now churning out on-screen graphics for NBC

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.