*****2024 Summer Olympics*****

80,251 Views | 1213 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by DoitBest
StinkyPinky
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Oh my. I've been busy and haven't watched a single second of the break dancing (until the video) and Oh My! What kind of crap is this? That was embarrassing.
YokelRidesAgain
AG
JDUB08AG said:

China about to get 2 more golds. Boxing and artistic swimming
They have yet another gold medal opportunity in welterweight boxing. Their athlete is fighting the Algerian who is (allegedly) a man.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
jograki
AG
GOLD FOR OLIVIA REEVES IN WOMEN'S 71 kg WEIGHTLIFTING!
YokelRidesAgain
AG
StinkyPinky said:

Oh my. I've been busy and haven't watched a single second of the break dancing (until the video) and Oh My! What kind of crap is this? That was embarrassing.
I only watched a few highlights, but agree. This needs to be one and done--it's not on the program for LA and hopefully the Aussies make space for cricket or kangaroo boxing or something instead of "B boys".
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
tk for tu juan
StinkyPinky said:

That is a break dancing version of old guy trying to dance at a college tailgate
YokelRidesAgain
AG
YokelRidesAgain said:

JDUB08AG said:

China about to get 2 more golds. Boxing and artistic swimming
They have yet another gold medal opportunity in welterweight boxing. Their athlete is fighting the Algerian who is (allegedly) a man.

ETA: There is another routine to go in "artistic swimming" tomorrow, so this gold doesn't count for China yet. They are heavy favorites in this, table tennis, and diving (mercifully, the last diving medal of the Olympics is tomorrow morning). Currently 33 all.
monarch
S
WOKE & DEI...breakdancing is not a sport. Should never had been included.
Peace for Ukraine!
monarch
S
Don't we have men's marathon on Sat and women on Sunday?
Peace for Ukraine!
StinkyPinky
AG
tk for tu juan said:

StinkyPinky said:

That is a break dancing version of old guy trying to dance at a college tailgate
LMAO! Yes, fitting
YokelRidesAgain
AG
monarch said:

Don't we have men's marathon on Sat and women on Sunday?
Yes, both races start at 1 am and will be won by runners from East Africa.
YokelRidesAgain
AG
The Uzbek men's boxing program has been very impressive at these Olympics. They have won two golds, are up in the heavyweight final going on now, and are in two more matches tomorrow (no Chinese or American boxers left on the men's side).

For some reason the opponent in the heavyweight division is a Cuban who is fighting for Azerbaijan, I guess because he couldn't make the Cuban team (ironically, he beat the two time defending gold medalist from Cuba in the round of 16).
YokelRidesAgain
AG
China loses in the final of women's welterweight boxing. I would have preferred that they lose to someone who isn't a man, but given the circumstances, I'll allow it.

We're all square at 33 going into the last 2 days of competition.
StinkyPinky
AG
Watching women's beach volleyball. Oh Canada! Mmmmmmm
Sub4
AG
This makes me wonder if this will prompt China to weigh in on the conversation regarding Khelif's participation. I'm really interested if anything becomes of it... probably behind closed doors to the IOC committee.
JDUB08AG
AG
Sub4 said:

This makes me wonder if this will prompt China to weigh in on the conversation regarding Khelif's participation. I'm really interested if anything becomes of it... probably behind closed doors to the IOC committee.

Would be rich coming from china
YokelRidesAgain
AG
The IOC has made it pretty clear that their decision is final regarding these Games.

It isn't clear if boxing is even going to be in the Olympics going forward, or what organization will be running the competition if it is. The IOC favors replacing the previous international organization (IBA) with something called "World Boxing", as the IBA is corrupt as hell (par for the course in boxing, of course) and allied with Putin. World Boxing has not yet been accepted by most of the national federations, however.

The IOC isn't interested in operating boxing directly on an indefinite basis, so next time (if there is a next time) it will likely be under some other organization's rules.
YokelRidesAgain
AG
JDUB08AG said:

Sub4 said:

China prefers that women get their testosterone from little glass vials, not their testicles.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Apparently testosterone from testicles is superior to testosterone from a glass vial. Algeria "wins"
Tailgate88
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

Apparently testosterone from testicles is superior to testosterone from a glass vial. Algeria "wins"
Sub4
AG
YokelRidesAgain said:

JDUB08AG said:

Sub4 said:

China prefers that women get their testosterone from little glass vials, not their testicles.
Haha
monarch
S
I know, I know ...but miracles do happen.
Peace for Ukraine!
tk for tu juan
US climber was two or three moves away from securing a gold in sport climbing (boulder & lead)
monarch
S
First thing I see on USA is breakdancing. Unbelievable. Waste of time
Peace for Ukraine!
tk for tu juan
Make sure to tune in at 9am on E! when Houston area B-Boy Jeffro goes thru the mens qualification in breaking
YokelRidesAgain
AG
China one back of the lead in women's golf.

ETA: Now two back as New Zealand holes a long birdie putt! Apparently their golfer makes the LPGA Hall of Fame with a win here.
monarch
S
Good for him; I'm not watching.

Mens marathon just finished with an Olympic record time of 2:06.26. USA placed two men in the top 10 at 8th & 9th. That's an Olympic performance. Breakdancing should stay in Harlem.
Peace for Ukraine!
JDUB08AG
AG
China will probably win 6 or 7 golds today.

- weightlifting - done
- rhythmic gymnastics - gonna happen
- diving - gonna happen
- table tennis - gonna happen
- artistic swimming - gonna happen
- boxing - maybe
- golf - maybe

We have a few chances today but not as strong as china.
- men's basketball
- soccer
- 4x400 men
- 4x400 women
- 100 hurdles women
Aggie Therapist
AG
How do yall feel about flag football in the Olympics? I think it would be cool seeing our NFL players go out there and compete.

Pickle Ball?
wangus12
AG
Flag Football is dumb. The others are fine.

And no we don't need lazy tennis in the Olympics
wangus12
AG
USA does have several wrestlers in the Semifinals currently as well.
monarch
S
Pickle ball? Hell yes! Baseball, softball both have been played in the past and both are played internationally. Flag football with NFL guys? I'm for the sport, but only NFL guys? The rest, I don't know. Notice I mentioned sports that started in the US. Not sure the if the Olympic Committee would allow that. Then again, get rid of breakdancing. That should be one and done.
Peace for Ukraine!
monarch
S
There are 12-15 HS's in metro DFW playing women's flag now and there are some in Houston also. On top of that, the CIF is on the verge of allowing the sport to be played there (Cali).
Peace for Ukraine!
wangus12
AG
Pretty sure breakdancing is a 1 and done deal. How Olympic sports are chosen is odd.

Quote:

Since 2020, the program of the Summer Olympics has consisted of mandatory "core" sports that persist between Games, and up to six optional sports proposed by the organizing committee in order to improve local interest, provided that the total number of participants does not exceed 10,500 athletes.

On December 9, 2021, the IOC executive board proposed that skateboarding, sport climbing, and surfing, which all successfully debuted as optional sports at the 2020 Summer Olympics and returned in the same capacity in 2024, be promoted to the core program of the 2028 Summer Olympics to replace boxing, ,modern pentathlon, and weightlifting, which were provisionally dropped from the program pending the resolution of governance issues, with the IOC setting a deadline of 2023
Basically each new Olympics gets to try and bring in 6 new sports and see if any of them stick. But for them to stick to the core program, other things need to be removed so they can keep the athlete count below 10.5k
tk for tu juan
In 1932 the US won a silver in architectural design, and in 1936 won a silver in town planning
wangus12
AG
Bring that **** back

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.