*****2024 Summer Olympics*****

80,252 Views | 1213 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by DoitBest
Ag Since 83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Paul and Fritz retire Andy Murray and keep the possibility of a US 1-2 alive
YokelRidesAgain
AG
Fourth gold of the day in foil, and the 2nd US doubles team knocks off the British to advance to the semifinals!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Malachi Constant
AG
Made up considerable ground today…

YokelRidesAgain
AG
Would be great to shock the Australians in the 4 x 200 relay, but it's a tall order.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
The Marksman
AG
US women's relay gets silver! Ledecky was a beast on her leg, as always.
JDUB08AG
AG
Would have been nice to make the Aussies eat their **** after their trash talking, but solid race by the Americans.
PascalsWager
AG
My picture of gold medalist Kate Douglas from a few minutes ago. Tonight was UNBELIEVABLE. Yes we've won more before but to see an American kid win live is unforgettable. Everyone should come to a swim meet at a foreign Olympics. It was AWESOME
YokelRidesAgain
AG
US men 3x3 basketball falls to 0-4, playing short-handed due to an injury to Jimmer Fredette.

In other news, why the hell is Jimmer Fredette on this team? We could probably have done better by picking four guys from a pick up game at Rucker Park in Harlem.

Certainly couldn't have done worse.
AJ02
AG
Finally got around to watching evening coverage of the days events.

Can we please, please get rid of the awful wolf turn or whatever it's called in gymnastics? I absolutely hate it.
taylorswift13_
Can you do a wolf turn

Can anyone on here do a wolf turn???
taylorswift13_
I'd pay to see all of us try to get on a balance beam
AJ02
AG
Does whether i can personally do one or not change that it very obviously looks awful, even to most actual gymnasts? They admittedly only do it because they get extra points for it and almost no deductions if they do it badly.
taylorswift13_
No I get where you're coming from, many attempt it and it looks poorly compared to others… although when pulled off gracefully it looks great!
jograki
AG
Totally get that, and at least I think it looks better on beam than on floor. But unfortunately the scoring system is set up to incentivize them, even a bad wolf turn gets a tiny deduction.
monarch
S
Breakdancing is not a sport...stupid. Said this from the beginning .
Peace for Ukraine!
StinkyPinky
AG
monarch said:

Does it get better if they use the DJ from Kyle Field to throw down the beat?
YokelRidesAgain
AG
monarch said:

Yeah, but WE'RE GOING TO WIN THE GOLD!!!

(I have no idea if we're actually going to win the gold, but it sounds good to me.)

The mixed 4 x 100 swimming relay final is this afternoon, and will be fun to watch. You can have 2 men and 2 women in the 4 strokes, in any configuration you choose. Watching the Chinese men's 100 m freestyle world record holder try (and fail) to chase down an American girl in the prelims was amusing.
Haricougar
AG
Great to see an Aggie ring while watching archery with Kafhold
Romans 12:9-11
Haricougar
AG
taylorswift13_ said:

Can you do a wolf turn

Can anyone on here do a wolf turn???

My daughter can. Won 4 NAIGC national championships for Texas A&M 07-10
StinkyPinky
AG
Men's soccer down 0-2 3 to Morocco. US defense looks bad today.

Edit: Update
Haricougar
AG
Aggie gets the bronze in archery!
monarch
S
Get a kid off the streets of Harlem and we'll win easily.
Peace for Ukraine!
StinkyPinky
AG
monarch said:

Get a kid off the streets of Harlem and we'll win easily.
LOL! No doubt at all.
cupofjoe04
AG
Sad to see soccer getting outclassed and out hustled.

Offense can't keep possession or connect passes together. Just kicking and praying, no creativity. Mor's D is pressuring, and we have no answer. They are taking away everything underneath, and we are forcing vertical balls- which they are beating us too.

And on the back end, our D is Charmin soft. Sitting back, and letting Mor run right at us. Defenders often. Getting caught in between the ball and the runner, not deciding to take either away or challenge the run.

We can't win a 50/50 ball. They are working harder and look 2 steps faster than us.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Don't underestimate the athleticism of Morocco. After all, this is a country with 7 gold medals in its history across all sports
PascalsWager
AG
An absolute honor to be in the stand as an Ag wins an Olympic medal!
PascalsWager
AG

wangus12
AG
I'll say this. We got our ass beat, but Morocco do have the best player in the Olympics in Hakimi. What a bad showing though
StinkyPinky
AG
I had to do a double take when watching her shoot because I didn't know she was an Aggie. Was watching on the close up of her as she was aiming and thought "she has an Aggie ring on while shooting!" Thought that was cool even though most of the world would have missed it.
StinkyPinky
AG
Women's US fencing just got first gold medal ever in team foil. Get the NIL factory going…

Edit: Corrected
tk for tu juan
StinkyPinky said:

Women's US fencing just got first gold medal ever. Get the NIL factory going…

First gold in team foil, they have won individual golds in foil and saber before these Olympics

https://www.usafencing.org/all-time-olympians
StinkyPinky
AG
tk for tu juan said:

StinkyPinky said:

First gold in team foil, they have won individual golds in foil and saber before these Olympics

Ah, thanks for the correction!
YokelRidesAgain
AG
tk for tu juan said:

StinkyPinky said:

Also won individual foil in these Olympics.
StinkyPinky
AG
Several Aggies swimming in the 200M IM. DeBever (Peru) and Pickrem (Canada).
YokelRidesAgain
AG
US just destroyed the world record in the 4 x 400 m mixed relay (track and field) by over a second. In a heat, no less! Apparently the track is not slow like the pool.

Looked like Secretariat at the Belmont.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.