*****2024 Summer Olympics*****

80,253 Views | 1213 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by DoitBest
Aggie Therapist
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
wangus12 said:

Flag Football is dumb. The others are fine.

And no we don't need lazy tennis in the Olympics

No. You're dumb!
YokelRidesAgain
AG
A bit of drama in diving as China is actually in 2nd place with four dives to do in the men's platform.

Their top diver's degree of difficulty will likely carry him through, but this is the closest anyone has come to unseating them.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
YokelRidesAgain
AG
Looks like both countries can cross golf off the list as New Zealand's Lydia Ko is five clear of the field with 8 holes to go.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
YokelRidesAgain
AG
Well, China is going to win diving as the Japanese challenger blows his second to last dive. That will take them to 35-33.
Marcus Aurelius
AG
China will take gold in synchronized head bobbing
JDUB08AG
AG
China just won rhythmic gymnastics too unless there are more rotations
Aggie Therapist
AG
China is taking gold in pandemics
JDUB08AG
AG
If that Japanese guy didn't miss that 5th dive he would have won. Thanks Japan.
YokelRidesAgain
AG
China moves to 36-33 in golds (with at least.2 more near certain victories to come) with the sweep of 8 events in diving.

Their second diver finished not second, not third, but LAST in the competition. He had better hope that they allow his next dive to be into a pool that contains water.
YokelRidesAgain
AG
China is now the favorite for golds on the live betting line. We're going to need something special from team sports and track and field.
AJ02
AG
I'm so glad I recorded pretty much all of the Olympics so I could go back and find the full Raygun breakdancing "battles" or whatever you call it. Recorded them to my phone for posterity, bc I figured videos would get taken down online for "copyright" reasons.

Ho-lee-chit!! How is this even real life?? I feel like this is Will Ferrell's attempt at break dancing for some new movie he's got out.
YokelRidesAgain
AG
China with the expected gold in table tennis. They lead 37-33.
YokelRidesAgain
AG
USWNT-Brazil 0-0 at halftime; Brazil had the better chances in the first half.
wangus12
AG
We have 2 wrestlers in SFs coming up. Both 4x400s which we can win. 100mH could be close but I don't think we will get it. Need the team sports (Basketball x2, Volleyball and Soccer) to pull through to give us a chance.

US does have people in breaking QF, Finals of 800m and 1500m and marathon as well
wangus12
AG
China has 1 boxing and 1 "guaranteed" Weightlifting left
BQ_90
AG
USA score goal against Brazil assuming VAR doesn't over turn it
StinkyPinky
AG
Women score vs Brazil! We got a shot!
YokelRidesAgain
AG
US still 1-nil in the 75th minute as they break for orange slices and CapriSun.
YokelRidesAgain
AG
10 minutes of extra time.
StinkyPinky
AG
That was skeery
YokelRidesAgain
AG
US has only one wrestler remaining in contention for gold after a loss in the men's 97 kg semifinals.
StinkyPinky
AG
Gold!
YokelRidesAgain
AG
Women's soccer is GOLDEN!!!

USA USA USA
MaroonStain
AG
VICTORY
YokelRidesAgain
AG
US is also 2 minutes away from advancing to the finals tomorrow morning in the women 76 kg freestyle wrestling.

ETA: Got very tight at the end, but the US wrestler pulls it out 8-6!
JDUB08AG
AG
Can we pull a break dance gold out of our ass to cancel out one of chinas fake sports gold?
YokelRidesAgain
AG
JDUB08AG said:

Can we pull a break dance gold out of our ass to cancel out one of chinas fake sports gold?
We have two, uh, B boyz in the quarterfinals, but I don't think they are favored. Do breakdancing judges accept last minute bribes?
StinkyPinky
AG
Another gold in 100m wom hurdles!
taylorswift13_
MASAI RUSSELL 100 HURDLES GOLD
YokelRidesAgain
AG
GOLD MEDAL 100 M HURDLES!

SUCK IT FRANCE!!! SUCK IT MACRON!
agdaddy04
AG
Why won't they post the results on the screen! We had the volume down. Russell won, right?
YokelRidesAgain
AG
agdaddy04 said:

Why won't they post the results on the screen! We had the volume down. Russell won, right?
Yes
MaroonStain
AG
And...another one...
wangus12
AG
I didn't expect the 100mH. Thats a good 1 to get
AustinAg2K
Is there a site that shows what events are left as well as who is favored in those events? I feel like there are enough events still out there which we are strong in that we should be able to pass China. What I don't know is what events are still out there that China is strong in. Like are there still a bunch of different forms of table tennis or synchronized swimming still out there?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.