*****2024 Summer Olympics*****

80,265 Views | 1213 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by DoitBest
DannyDuberstein
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That last one. Wow.
jograki
AG
Curry!
Brother Shamus
Definitely nba jam fire mode lol
agdaddy04
AG
Boston fans chanting USA during the Astros game
jograki
AG
Gold!
Aggie Therapist
AG
Curry was unleashed
Cappo
AG
Stephhhhhhh
gabehcoud
never in doubt

STRAIGHT WAGER 08/10/24 14:30 CDT
Bet $ 49.50 to win $ 45.00 Result: Pending
USA vs France 08/10/24 14:30 CDT France +16 (-110)
YokelRidesAgain
AG
JDUB08AG said:

YokelRidesAgain said:

As expected, China picks up gold medal #39 in the final event of women's boxing.

The US will need 40 golds to take this.
Honestly we need 41. China will probably win weightlifting tomorrow. Unless you are considering a tie means we win.
40 is good enough. We have way more silver and bronze.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
bowhuntr
YokelRidesAgain said:

bowhuntr said:

His main guy wears that flag - just a nod to him.
Screw his main guy and screw him, too. If he was on the French payroll that would be one thing. The last national team coach cheering for the other side in the gold medal game is a bad, bad look.

Pop probably wants Jean Luc Melenchon to hold him.

Okay, I'm not a fan of all Pop's antics but I also don't believe the Olympics, especially with this basketball team, requires 100% patriotic commitment when you have a personal connection to a player on another team. Contrary to common belief, this isn't war.
YokelRidesAgain
AG
bowhuntr said:

Okay, I'm not a fan of all Pop's antics but I also don't believe the Olympics, especially with this basketball team, requires 100% patriotic commitment when you have a personal connection to a player on another team. Contrary to common belief, this isn't war.
Personal connection? He coached 5 of the US players at the last Olympics.

And it's not like these Olympics were in freaking Houston. Pop decided to get on a plane and fly across the Atlantic Ocean to root against his own country.

As far as I'm concerned he can stay there. He would probably be happier anyway.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Aggie Therapist
AG
Now that we won Gold and that's over…

Go Spurs Go!

Where's my SA crew at?!
bowhuntr
YokelRidesAgain said:

bowhuntr said:

Personal connection? He coached 5 of the US players at the last Olympics.

And its not like these Olympics were in freaking Houston. Pop decided to get on a plane and fly across the Atlantic Ocean to root against his own country.

As far as I'm concerned he can stay there. He would probably be happier anyway.

His star player, who is a great guy by the way, was playing on the world stage, someone he is coaching and mentoring daily. Settle down a bit.
Aggie Therapist
AG
You know I was kidding about the Coach Pop comment wearing a French flag….right?
Aust Ag
AG
Mike Tirico is the best. Seems really down to earth and likeable. Right up there with Al Michaels in my book.
YokelRidesAgain
AG
Aggie Therapist said:

You know I was kidding about the Coach Pop comment wearing a French flag….right?
Unless he was wearing Star Spangled face paint I support him being deported, and I don't want to hear any namby pamby liberal mumbo jumbo about him being a natural born citizen.
Aggie Therapist
AG
Hey! He served our country touring Europe with our military basketball team and has a degree in Soviet studies!

Show some respect!
chico
AG
agdaddy04 said:

Curry seems like a liability right now. Wanting to chunk from long distance

This aged well
agdaddy04
AG
Maybe look at my last post on the topic. I gladly ate crow.
DANManman
AG
agdaddy04 said:

Curry seems like a liability right now. Wanting to chunk from long distance

Lol
Jesus saves
chico
AG
agdaddy04 said:

Maybe look at my last post on the topic. I gladly ate crow.

Sorry, just scrolling through and didn't read every post. No offense as I am a veteran of crow eating.
chico
AG
My gosh, those last two games, against Serbia and France, nothing like high-pressure high-level basketball. Tremendous skill and desire with everybody on the court.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

Jordan Chiles should tell the IOC and CAS to shove it. Keep the medal and refuse to give it back.

Ridiculous ruling that she missed the protest time allowed by 4 seconds. The issue was caused by the judges to begin with and she deserved the medal. One minute to determine the scoring is accurate for an event you've trained 4 years for is absurd anyway. Not saying it should be much longer but thats pretty short when you have 30 elements in a routine to see if they got them all.

She might be retiring anyway she is 23.

wangus12
AG
We need to win at least 2 of our 3 gold medal bouts tomorrow. Women's bball, women's v ball and a wrestling match
MallalieuAg
AG
Racist team. Any white guys on it?
Aust Ag
AG
Would have been cool to see All Defensive 2nd teamer Alex Caruso out there!
YokelRidesAgain
AG
wangus12 said:

We need to win at least 2 of our 3 gold medal bouts tomorrow. Women's ball, women's ball and a wrestling match

We have a chance in the women's omnium (cycling) tomorrow as well. Italy has looked very strong in volleyball; I think the wrestling gold will be critical.

Of course, it would also help if the Chinese woman pulled her arms off in weightlifting.
wangus12
AG
Oh I missed Omnium. Our gal Valente is the defending Gold Medalist
AustinAg2K
YokelRidesAgain said:

Of course, it would also help if the Chinese woman pulled her arms off in weightlifting.
jograki
AG
Watching women's 81kg weightlifting. Sadly this is looking like a lock for China as her starting weights are significantly higher than most of the others' third attempts. The Korean is 5kg behind after snatch round.
jograki
AG
China's Li Wen Wen clinched gold with her 173 kg C&J, dang. Our American Mary Lappen finishes in 5th!
YokelRidesAgain
AG
Jennifer Valente of the US is in first going into the points race in the women's omnium!

Kennedy Blades wrestles for gold momentarily.

US is about to go down two sets to none in the volleyball final, so looks like we have to have at least one of cycling or wrestling.

TexasAggie81
US women's volleyball down 2 sets going into the 3rd.
LouisHerbertWong
AG
#18 for Italy is... Unattractive.
jograki
AG
Ugh, the IOC announced that Jordan needs to return her medal. Just ridiculous.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.