*****2024 Summer Olympics*****

80,267 Views | 1213 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by DoitBest
The Marksman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Excellent stuff from the American women in the medley there, that Canadian girl is ridiculously good
KCup17
AG
I was expecting her to get caught during the breaststroke. She was way slower in that stroke than everyone else
The Marksman
AG
USA just keeps racking up medals
YokelRidesAgain
AG
Rugby ladies leading the Britishers by 10 in the QFs.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
The Marksman
AG
YokelRidesAgain said:

Rugby ladies leading the Britishers by 10 in the QFs.
And now advance to the medal matches!
YokelRidesAgain
AG
French ladies' beach volleyball team wearing basketball shorts.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
MAROON
AG
YokelRidesAgain said:

based on the opening ceremonies I thought the French were a little more open - was hoping to see them in thongs and topless!
YokelRidesAgain
AG
MAROON said:

YokelRidesAgain said:

based on the opening ceremonies I thought the French were a little more open - was hoping to see them in thongs and topless!

Based on the opening ceremony, the only French women who wear that kind of outfit weigh over 150 kg, or were born men.
PascalsWager
AG
Just got back from a night of fencing where Nick Itkin won a bronze for the US in men's foil! The other event of the night was the women's Sabre and it was an all French Final! The crowd was ELECTRIC! They waved their flags, and did their chants, and booed the refs decisions that went against their country in both semi finals. In the all French final they just cheered loudly. Seeing Itkin win a medal was great. The picture attached is of him in his semifinal match.

Paris has been wonderful. The people have gone out of their way to be welcoming. At the metro stations there's 4-5 people making sure people know how to get tickets and to help them find which way to go. I've been asked by multiple French locals if I'm having a good time. It was 88 degrees today which is a bit much for a soft Bay Area guy like me, but they had water stations in many places to fill up water bottles and use the restrooms.

I have a gripe though. It's about the French TV coverage. Yesterday after Leon Marchand won the 400 IM, they cut to 45 minutes of reaction and analysis. They didn't even show the US women go 1-2 in the 100 fly. Disappointing

MsDoubleD81
AG
I just now watched. Lewis from Revenge of the Nerds waltzes in and kills it on the pommel horse.
AJ02
AG
I havent been listening with sound on so maybe they've said something. I get the impression he might be blind as a bat without his glasses. But I guess with pommel horse he's going more by feel and rhythm than sight anyway?
Rec
AG
Let's go Lewis
MsDoubleD81
AG
Maybe. His teammates made sure he got them after his performance.
Killin Me Smalls
AG
My wife and I have been in Paris since last Wednesday.

We caught the Opening Ceremonies at the USA House. That was great.

Metro has been wonderful, and it's been super easy to get around both venues and tourist sites.

We've seen all the gymnastics (Men's Team Final was epic!), Volleyball, Cycling, Skateboarding, and Beach Volleyball.

Police/Military everywhere.

My only complaint is the restrictions around the Eiffel Tower, it's setup as a venue and fan zone, so unless you have a ticket, it's a massive walled off obstacle. The same can be said for the Sein River area before Opening Ceremonies. They had the whole area locked down and secured for the days, so it was hard to get back and forth across the river.

Killin Me Smalls
AG

Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Sick.
YokelRidesAgain
AG
Women's rugby update: After stunning host France in the quarterfinals, Canada bests the seemingly invincible Australians in the semis.

Our hat plays New Zealand for gold later today. The US, unfortunately, draws Australia in the bronze medal match.
KCup17
AG
Women's Gymnastics is underway! US women looking great so far. Started on Vault and have. 1.4 point lead after the first rotation.
TexAgBolter
AG
Rugby women win! Bronze!
Ag Since 83
AG
Women's rugby just walked off Australia for the bronze! Length of the field run as time expired!
MaroonStain
AG
Women's gymnastics going to final event - floor with 3.6 point lead. Looking strong!
PatAg
AG
Ag Since 83 said:

Women's rugby just walked off Australia for the bronze! Length of the field run as time expired!
that was crazy
The Marksman
AG
I don't know that there's anything in gymnastics more entertaining than Jordan Chiles on floor
The Marksman
AG
The women take gold! They're back on top!
Aggie Therapist
AG
I LOVE GOLD
You’re not alone—the Veterans Crisis Line is here for you. You don’t have to be enrolled in VA benefits or health care to call.

Dial 988 Press 1
tk for tu juan
Italy and Brazil winning medals, how much of an upset was that for the other teams?
CFTXAG10
AG
The Marksman said:

I don't know that there's anything in gymnastics more entertaining than Jordan Chiles on floor
She crushed that! And Biles made everything look easy in hers. If it wasn't clear already, it is now, she is THE GOAT!
MaroonStain
AG
The Marksman said:

The women take gold! They're back on top!

Blue Star!
MaroonStain
AG
tk for tu juan said:

Italy and Brazil winning medals, how much of an upset was that for the other teams?

China pooped the bed early.
The Marksman
AG
Silver and Bronze in the 100 backstroke for the American women
HCliver82
AG
Somewhere on Texas Ags, Aggie athletes were listed by name and event, date, time.

Can't find it. Help me out?
Silvertaps
AG
HCliver82 said:

Somewhere on Texas Ags, Aggie athletes were listed by name and event, date, time.

Can't find it. Help me out?

https://texags.com/forums/25/topics/3477869
AgLA06
AG
tk for tu juan said:

Pretty sure I heard them say it was the first women's gymnastic medal for Italy in 96 years.

So probably a long shot in Vegas before it started.
LB12Diamond
AG
End of that rugby 7s game was great. So glad they were able to get a medal.
tk for tu juan
Wow, the 1928 Olympics which is probably when women's team gymnastics began.

Interesting note:
Quote:

The last living competitor of the 1928 Summer Olympics was Carla Marangoni, a member of the silver medal-winning Italian gymnastic team who had been twelve years old during the Olympics. Marangoni died 18 January 2018, at the age of 102 as the oldest living Olympic medalist at the time of her death.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.