*****2024 Summer Olympics*****

80,270 Views | 1213 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by DoitBest
Hi, Im Brett
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
YokelRidesAgain said:

Aggie Therapist said:

What happen to Noah?

He lost and now he is suffering from an injury?

Allegedly he has COVID.

China's endgame
StinkyPinky
AG
YokelRidesAgain said:

I hate to say it, but we need to get the Rooskies back in this thing. It's one thing to cede all the golds in table tennis and diving to China, but letting them dominate weightlifting, boxing, etc. as well becomes a lot to overcome. The remnants of the Soviet sports system give the Chinese some competition in these niche events.
Not to mention the Soviets probably send all of their unused steroids to China since they aren't needing them
taylorswift13_
YokelRidesAgain said:

I hate to say it, but we need to get the Rooskies back in this thing. It's one thing to cede all the golds in table tennis and diving to China, but letting them dominate weightlifting, boxing, etc. as well becomes a lot to overcome. The remnants of the Soviet sports system give the Chinese some competition in these niche events.
instead of actually lifting, Americans care more about selfies in the gym or making vlogs… from looking at the Chinese women powerlifters I don't think their appearance ever crosses their mind
wangus12
AG
Current Expected Medal opportunities left. (I didn't include Canoe/Boxing/Wrestling that don't have final schedules yet)

USA:
Long Jump Women
110mH
400mH
4x100 M/W
4x400 M/W (not sure about how good the women are)
Women's Soccer
M/W Basketball
Women's Vball
Wrestling 57kg Men
Women's Golf

China: (The top ones are basically guaranteed medals)
M/W Team Table Tennis
Diving 3m & 10m
Women's Field Hockey
3 boxing finals
2 more weightlifting
PascalsWager
AG
Chinese powerlifters have won the same number of gold medals as the American bros who stare at themselves in the mirror: ZERO.
JDUB08AG
AG
Pretty sure China has a better chance at Women's golf than we do, unless i'm reading the current standings wrong.
YokelRidesAgain
AG
JDUB08AG said:

Pretty sure China has a better chance at Women's golf than we do, unless i'm reading the current standings wrong.
Their golfer is 1 back of the lead; our best golfer, Nelly Korda (who is far away #1 in the world) is 6 back with two rounds to go.

Korda has had two very average rounds, but she has the ability to come back.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
wangus12
AG
My bad. Didn't realize Korda blew up in the final 4 holes today. She was tied for 2nd this morning. Shooting a 7 on a Par is worse than what I do
YokelRidesAgain
AG
Women's long jump gold for the US!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
wangus12
AG
You mean long jump
wangus12
AG
Boom. Sydney!
YokelRidesAgain
AG
World record!
taylorswift13_
USA basketball down to Jokic and Serbia 42-25
wangus12
AG
USA retakes the medal lead 29-28, but we lost the 200 off the expected medal count and Men's basketball is getting destroyed
YokelRidesAgain
AG
China's weightlifter fails at all three attempts in the clean and jerk and will not win his third gold!
PascalsWager
AG
Both Cockrell and Sydney McLaughlin-Levrone should be on the 400x4 relay. Especially if Bol runs for the Netherlands.
YokelRidesAgain
AG
taylorswift13_ said:

instead of actually lifting, Americans care more about selfies in the gym or making vlogs… from looking at the Chinese women powerlifters I don't think their appearance ever crosses their mind
Oh, I think they're quite concerned with making sure their junk is well tucked away. I think they buy that special underwear from Target.
AggieUSMC
AG
wangus12 said:

USA retakes the medal lead 29-28, but we lost the 200 off the expected medal count and Men's basketball is getting destroyed
Down by 11 at the half. They can certainly turn it around if they get their s**t together at halftime.
wangus12
AG
Hollaway adds the 110mH Gold

30-28 USA
YokelRidesAgain
AG
Redemption for Holloway!!!
YokelRidesAgain
AG
I watched the steroid-taking contest weightlifting on Peacock and it was pretty cool. Watching a 160 pound man get 440 pounds over his head is amazing.
wangus12
AG
My brother competes in power lifting still. At the local/regional level, its funny because they have organized Open (use steroids) events and then Closed (drug testing) events. Cracks me up
TexasAggie81
YokelRidesAgain said:

Redemption for Holloway!!!

And Roberts wins silver!
wangus12
AG
Just need some Chinese boxers to get knocked out to finish the night
YokelRidesAgain
AG
wangus12 said:

My brother competes in power lifting still. At the local/regional level, its funny because they have organized Open (use steroids) events and then Closed (drug testing) events. Cracks me up
I know, my ex-father in law competed nationally in 65+ powerlifting. And yeah, he's on 'roids.

The way he explained it to me, the Olympic stuff is way harder because of the agility and balance needed. Powerlifting is just brute strength.
YokelRidesAgain
AG
Man, boxing runs late. It's after 10 pm in Paris and there are still multiple bouts to go.
PhatMack19
AG
Curry is on fire, but he needs some help
PascalsWager
AG
These guys are trying very hard. But the offense looks like trash. Like a college offense with no plan or good ideas.
JDUB08AG
AG
Yeah, basketball is in deep trouble
YokelRidesAgain
AG
China on to the gold medal match in middleweight foxy boxing.

If basketball loses this game, I propose an act of Congress to certify that LeFlop is NOT the GOAT.
94chem
PascalsWager said:

These guys are trying very hard. But the offense looks like trash. Like a college offense with no plan or good ideas.
We are playing a bunch of HoF geriatrics, riding them hard, and putting them away wet. The good news is that we're finally seeing the goal of 1992 come to fruition. We've sent our very best players, but they are old. The best players in the world right now are not American. Yes, we should still beat Serbia, but in a one-and-done, it's not even close to a sure thing. If the US played the world right now, imagine an international lineup with Luka, Joker, Wemby, Giannis, and SGA. Team USA might not win a game in a best of 7.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
StinkyPinky
AG
Embiid stepping up big!
StinkyPinky
AG
YokelRidesAgain said:

If basketball loses this game, I propose an act of Congress to certify that LeFlop is NOT the GOAT.

I support this. Jordan would never let this happen!
94chem
Love seeing these old dogs dig down.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
YokelRidesAgain
AG
Serbia will have to settle for the bronze medal match after a humiliating 4 point defeat.

Suck it, other countries! America owns the Olympics, and all you posers should stop trying to front!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.