Kellen Mond's Ancestors Served In Confederate Army

147,591 Views | 969 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by BigRobSA
gumgardener
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So, let me get this straight. You think Kellen's ancestors are bad people?
BohunkAg
AG
I love you guys
UniqueIGN
Oh, I've read several sources in the subjects and several books. Here, copy and paste this quote into google and you'll find several books where you can get the full context of the situation. "We squabbled about the terms of the capitulation, as I would not recognize n*groes as soldiers or guaranty them nor their officers protection as such." Ross was not going to give black soldiers protection like he did the other soldiers. This meant that they would be able to torture, kill, or do whatever they wanted with them. Thankfully they were attacked while figuring out agreements and they were freed.
BohunkAg
AG
UniqueIGN said:

FunkyKO said:

Sure it does.

That qb family tree has a lot of schools, streets, parks, historical documents, laws that we have in place today.

Should we erase them all as well?

Let me answer for ya cause it's late.....no.

You're not erasing history by renaming things. Of course it'd be hypocritical if he claimed that those places shouldn't be renamed because it's his ancestry but come on, that's just speculation and what ifs, and I highly doubt he'd flip flop from it if true. It doesnt change anything and honestly at this point it just feels like people are digging into people's lives and personal info because of the opinions they hold.

This is a rough, rough look here. I've had friends that have been threatened over and over the last couple of months with being doxxed for merely having an opinion
AggieRain
AG
So...*yawn*...did I miss anything good last night?
TChaney
UniqueIGN said:

Yall are absolutely crazy omg. Anti-Racist means exactly that being anti racist. Having ancestors who were bad people doesnt mean you cant be anti-racist. Y'all have created this giant narrative in your heads that doesn't even exist in the real world.
You are absolutely right

It does not exist in the real world. It exists in your minds. "white privilege" and all the other BS.

In the real world people are still out here helping each other.

Can you imagine what you could accomplish if instead of using all of that young energy to destroy, you instead went out and built something? Created something new?

This is pointless, I know I'm just jacking off a dead squirrel here.
AB2
AG
AggieRain said:

So...*yawn*...did I miss anything good last night?

My thoughts exactly when I woke up...
LightningDammitt
AG
Sully did bad things, like any other human... he even did bad things that the mob thought were good things at the time.

BLM, SJW's, the mob, Mond and his supporters, and UniqueGN are doing things NOW that will be viewed racist and hypocritical in the not so distant future.

The ignorant refuse to learn from their history. At some point, after being lectured on their wrongdoing, they are no longer ignorant and do things purely out of spite, vengeance, piss and vinegar

Sad that some will never wake up to who/what is actually controlling/oppressing them.
Tailgate88
AG
I am outraged that our football team is led by someone with Confederate blood flowing through his veins. Mond must resign immediately!!!

(Am I doing this right? I am new at the whole SJW thing. )
DTP02
AG
UniqueIGN said:

Yall are absolutely crazy omg. Anti-Racist means exactly that being anti racist. Having ancestors who were bad people doesnt mean you cant be anti-racist. Y'all have created this giant narrative in your heads that doesn't even exist in the real world.

I will type more slowly for you this time. Try harder to keep up. And leave the childish omg's on the playground with the rest of the kids.

"If you aren't anti-racist, you're racist." That's what Kellen said and it's the current dogma for the "movement." What it means is that you have to call out and attack all examples of racism all the time, or you're racist.

Applying the standards that Kellen and his influencers would apply ( not standards I would want applied, mind you), Kellen is racist for not disavowing his ancestors, calling for the removal of any honoring or recognition of them, and abjectly apologizing for their sins.

That is the inevitable, logical requirement of the view he espoused.
gonemaroon
AG
Wow
NicosMachine
AG
UniqueIGN said:

Being anti-racist means acknowledging your own racism. That means divesting yourself of wealth derived from racism. Kellen Mond has family wealth derived from "slave catching" and huge cotton crops. Until his family divests themselves of their wealth, they aren't anti-racist. Also, Kellen needs to apologize to all blacks for his family's horrible, racist past.
UniqueIGN
DTP02 said:

UniqueIGN said:

I will type more slowly for you this time. Try harder to keep up. And leave the childish omg's on the playground with the rest of the kids.

"If you aren't anti-racist, you're racist." That's what Kellen said and it's the current dogma for the "movement." What it means is that you have to call out and attack all examples of racism all the time, or you're racist.

Applying the standards that Kellen and his influencers would apply ( not standards I would want applied, mind you), Kellen is racist for not disavowing his ancestors, calling for the removal of any honoring or recognition of them, and abjectly apologizing for their sins.

Being antiracist doesnt mean always going out of your way to find racist acts to call out, it means calling out racist acts that you see. Furthermore that logic doesnt follow at all when this thread was made *last night* and this isn't even confirmed to be true. You cant say someone is going against their logic before they even have a chance to respond to it. It's crazy that y'all still believe that we think everyone should apologize for what their ancestors did and should feel guilty for it.
DTP02
AG
UniqueIGN said:

Oh, I've read several sources in the subjects and several books. Here, copy and paste this quote into google and you'll find several books where you can get the full context of the situation. "We squabbled about the terms of the capitulation, as I would not recognize n*groes as soldiers or guaranty them nor their officers protection as such." Ross was not going to give black soldiers protection like he did the other soldiers. This meant that they would be able to torture, kill, or do whatever they wanted with them. Thankfully they were attacked while figuring out agreements and they were freed.
. So you know that the full context of the situation was that prior to any of that two of Sully's soldiers were taken and brutally butchered by the same all-black outfit he refused to give quarter to then, right? War is brutal, and I'm not saying that vengeance is an attractive trait, but giving no quarter to a foe that has been brutal to you first had been a fairly commonplace occurrence in wars throughout human history.
TChaney
DTP02 said:

UniqueIGN said:

"If you aren't anti-racist, you're racist." That's what Kellen said and it's the current dogma for the "movement." What it means is that you have to call out and attack all examples of racism all the time, or you're racist. **

**Unless it involves racist terms like Coon against people that disagree with you.

And don't give me that BS about it's ok to call someone of your own race a derogatory term. It is used a a racist insult and should be condemned just as harshly as any other racist term.

I don't really feel comfortable giving this example because it's wrong and racist.
Calling another black person a "coon" is the equivalent of calling a white woman a "coalburner" for being in a mixed relationship.

Now I need to learn more about Mond's genealogy. It's very interesting. I may start on Nigerian history next.
TefIon Don
AG
Holy sh**
NicosMachine
AG
There are schools named after Kellen Mond's family members (who made money capturing and returning escaped slaves). We must tear down those schools. Mond must be cancelled. We must all be outraged!

*** Another newbie to the mindless insanity of SJW/Cancel culture. Am I doing this right? ***

UniqueIGN
Nah man, it isn't racist for one black person to call another black person a c*on. It has completely different meanings depending on the person who uses it. That's how reclaiming words works!
BrandoC
AG
Tweet the **** out of this!!!!!!! Bigotry and hypocrisy all rolled into one! I never hate people but cannot wait till Mond moves on to other endevors.
DTP02
AG
UniqueIGN said:

DTP02 said:

UniqueIGN said:

Being antiracist doesnt mean always going out of your way to find racist acts to call out, it means calling out racist acts that you see. Furthermore that logic doesnt follow at all when this thread was made *last night* and this isn't even confirmed to be true. You cant say someone is going against their logic before they even have a chance to respond to it. It's crazy that y'all still believe that we think everyone should apologize for what their ancestors did and should feel guilty for it.

This is literally the foundation that "the movement" is built upon. Your lack of self-awareness is flabbergasting and amusing.
BohunkAg
AG
I'm hung over. Some of you pros can click through the genealogy here

https://www.ancestry.com/1940-census/usa/Texas/Leopoldo-P-Botello-Junior_5l5lp9/amp
aggietony2010
AG
So you're saying context matters? You should try that with historical figures.
TChaney
UniqueIGN said:

Nah man, isn't racist for one black person to call another black person a c*on. It has completely different meanings depending on the person who uses. That's how reclaiming words works!

Why did you do that? Why the *?
dchack1971
AG
If what some of you say that all is needed is for Sully's statue to be removed then why did you demonstrators say Rudder and Hollingsworth will be next .
UniqueIGN
Im not black, it's not my place to say derogatory terms such as that.
rocky the dog
AG
Quote:

Can you imagine what you could accomplish if instead of using all of that young energy to destroy, you instead went out and built something? Created something new?
Elections are when people find out what politicians stand for, and politicians find out what people will fall for.
- Alfred E. Neuman
Anti-taxxer
AG
UniqueIGN said:

Are you actually reading what you write?

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT YOUR FRIENDS DO.
UniqueIGN
Well, that was fun, I got stuff to do this morning so Im out!
DTP02
AG
UniqueIGN said:

Nah man, it isn't racist for one black person to call another black person a c*on. It has completely different meanings depending on the person who uses it. That's how reclaiming words works!

So the person being angrily accused of being "a coon" isn't intended to be insulted and demeaned by the word? And the insulting and demeaning word isn't being directed at the recipient because of the recipient's race ?

That sounds a heckuva lot like the definition of a racial epithet.

But from the people who brought us "black people can't be racist" I shouldn't be surprised by the doublespeak.

ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
UniqueIGN here to save the day after being exposed faking a hate crime by goaltending what is obviously nothing but cynical and manipulative political nonsense. It would be funny if he didn't have an ag tag but because he does, it is sad.
Haileno40
GCP12 said:

UniqueIGN said:

aggie appraiser said:

UniqueIGN said:

FunkyKO said:

You don't understand...we are talking the founding fathers of cities (Plural) in south Texas. It's not gonna happen.

So yeah it's hypocritical.

Doesn't change anything for you. You've got no skin in the game. Not your family tree.

It literally isn't hypocritical to have ancestry with confederate soldiers and to argue against having statues of confederate soldiers. Your ancestors don't dictate what you can fight for. It's only hypocritical if you dont want to get rid of your ancestors statues who did horrible things and want to get rid of all others.

Maybe he should bring down the buildings/statues/parks/etc named for his confederate family first.

If this is actually true, and that's a big if, then it doesn't matter what he tries to bring down first as long as he doesn't support either of them. The one where he has the most say in right now is the Sully statue since he's the quarterback at the university where it's a problem. It makes sense to fight most for the things you have the most say in, and the places where you can make the biggest impact
The people he is speaking for(and he believes this as well, imo) believe that white people should pay for the faults of their ancestors. You have to be a complete moran to not see why his own ancestors being a part of the "issue" he cares so deeply about doesn't prove how absolutely insane the idea is to begin with.

Doing ding ding....I am considered white and none of my family owned slaves or fought for the Confederacy but I'm lumped in the "the faults of your ancestors" take. Of course I dont blame Kellen for his family history but he opened this box and denouncing his history wont cut it...if we go by his standards before this came out.
LightningDammitt
AG
Responsible things? Virtuous things? SJW things?
Jimmy McNulty
AG
"Y'all have created this giant narrative in your heads that doesn't even exist in the real world."

LOL
CyclingAg82
AG
Boomeranged.

I hope QB1 is wise enough to recognize that you cannot paint history with such a broad brush.

I don't think he or the cheesecake doxxer are, but it would be great if at some point there is some contrition on his part for his actions that were so incredibly divisive.

I also hope our AD says something that clarifies his previous position on these athletes, and Coach Fisher's silence has been deafening.
ShotOver
AG
GT_Aggie2015 said:

https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/3122949/replies/56931975

I came across the link on FB... Just saw the person who shared it grabbed it from a FB group so who knows the legitimacy.
...so it's gotta be true, right?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.