Kellen Mond's Ancestors Served In Confederate Army

147,530 Views | 969 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by BigRobSA
GT_Aggie2015
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
unmade bed said:

Side note: I don't know who Hector Feria's, Jr PhD (letter writer) is, but I am fairly certain he is an Outdoors board poster.
do tell more
Charpie
AG
Holy crap. I'm related to Kellen Mond
Bondag
AG
My family was picking cotton in 1965. Is Kellen going to pay me reparations?
P.H. Dexippus
AG
https://www.tamuk.edu/news/_archives/2007/03/farias.html#.Xwk3TCU1jYU
Franklin Delano Bluth
AG
“Picture a black girl that joe biden wants to sniff”

-The Debt
unmade bed
AGHouston11 said:

So did any of the relatives who served in the Confederate Army inflict casualties on opposing forces? This is important to know.

Sounds like the majority of his kinfolk were mostly interested in killing American Indians, who as a group, when you get down to comparing victimhood throughout history, probably only rank behind the Jews as the most oppressed and victimized groups of people of all time. American blacks not even in the Top 10.
GT_Aggie2015
AG
Charpie said:

Holy crap. I'm related to Kellen Mond
Cancel Charpie! I kid, I kid.
RikkiTikkaTagem
AG
So, if true, does Kellen have the acknowledge that confederate flag is not about hate but his heritage?
Charpie
AG
According to Kellens gf, I can't be racist so
GCP12
AG
GT_Aggie2015
AG
Charpie said:

According to Kellens gf, I can't be racist so
Focus should be on football and a Natty and not a lady friend!
unmade bed
GT_Aggie2015 said:

unmade bed said:

Side note: I don't know who Hector Feria's, Jr PhD (letter writer) is, but I am fairly certain he is an Outdoors board poster.
do tell more

Nothing more to tell, just basing that solely on his very specific set of skills vis-a-vis researching family history.

95% sure I used vis-a-vis wrong in that context but it's an underused idiom so wanted to give it some love
aggie appraiser
HOT DAMN
Barnyard96
AG
in
SMM48
AG
Someone's momma never told their kid the family tree.

All kidding aside. What a very interesting family tree.

Lot of schools named after them.
AGHouston11
AG
FunkyKO said:

Someone's momma never told their kid the family tree.

All kidding aside. What a very interesting family tree.

Lot of schools named after them.

So should they be renamed?
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Antonio Banderas gif here.
SMM48
AG
Once you know where to start. It's really easy to follow and confirm. The obituaries are huge as they should be.
TexasAggie_02
SMM48
AG
Not at all. They are part of history.
BlackLab
AG
Dang, he's related to some historical South Texas elites.
Miguel
AG
In
texags82
AG
In
ChemAg15
AG
You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villian. Luckily they're never going to put a Mond statue on campus so we will never have to tear that one down
SMM48
AG
Big time.

Never knew where Laredo Martin got its name. Now I do.

Amazing
AGHouston11
AG
So just for clarification - the statue he wants torn down was of a person that served in the confederate army - the same one his family members served in?

Emotional Support Cobra
AG
Life comes at you fast!
aggie appraiser
His grandfathers obituary. It appears to match up with the letter.

Leopoldo P. Botello Jr.

Quote:

He was preceded in death by his parents, Leopoldo P. Botello, Sr. and Maria Cristina Martin Botello, both direct descendants of founding families of Laredo. Also preceding him were his brothers, Victor Jose Botello and Guillermo Botello. Leopoldo is survived by his wife, Sharon Hull Botello; his children, Leopoldo P. (Judy) Botello, III, Lourdes B. (Gildeberto) Valdez, Leticia B.(Kevin) Mond,....
LegalDrugPusher
You couldn't make this shyt up if you tried! This is so heart warming. Mond is like how did this get leaked?
Not Coach Jimbo
Mond should give up his scholarship as reparations...

Along with 1/3 of his future earnings.

Can we do Tanny next? I think he should give up half of his earnings as reparations...
Charpie
AG
That is an amazing family history. And I am offended that his so called friends are diminishing it
MR Gadsden
fightingfarmer09
It only gets better!!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santos_Benavides

Quote:

Colonel Santos Benavides in Laredo actually became the highest ranking tejano officer in the Confederate Army. There are instances of him acting as a slave catcher, where he's actually going into Mexico and retrieving runaway slaves and returning them to their masters, for which he was compensated.

aggie appraiser
Interesting Reading

MARTIN, RAYMOND

Quote:

(18281900). Raymond Martin, landowner, rancher, and political boss of Webb County, was born in Auzas Haute, Garonne, France, on May 31, 1828, to Jean Marie and Marie Antoinette (Chanfrean) Martin. His father, a prosperous merchant in the wine-growing region of southwestern France, taught his three sons, Paul, Joseph, and Raymond, basic business skills that were beneficial when they immigrated to the United States. In 1852 Martin left his homeland for New Orleans, where he hoped to start a mercantile business. Over the next seven years he moved first to Pensacola, Florida, then to San Antonio, Texas, and finally to Laredo in 1854. He promptly opened a small store to the south of San Agustn Church, overlooking the Rio Grande. By 1859 Martin, fluent in French, Spanish, and English, had become an American citizen and had been elected to the Laredo City Council. Profits from his successful mercantile enterprise allowed him to make property-secured loans to local businessmen and ranchers. Unpaid loans led him to foreclose on both properties and ranchlands. In the 1860s he began raising vast herds of sheep and cattle on his growing land empire (estimated at 130,000 acres by the end of the century), and by the mid-1860s he had made a fortune as a businessman and rancher. He was one of the organizers of the Laredo Bank.
astros4545

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.