Kellen Mond's Ancestors Served In Confederate Army

147,558 Views | 969 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by BigRobSA
aggierogue
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Burdizzo said:

UniqueIGN said:

Nah man, it isn't racist for one black person to call another black person a c*on. It has completely different meanings depending on the person who uses it. That's how reclaiming words works!

Brown v. Board of Education made it clear separate cannot be equal when it comes to education. Why is it then we insist on the same word having having a separate meaning based on the tongue that wags it?

We have been struggling for a couple of centuries to create a nation of equality. Equality means equality everywhere, not just some part equal and other parts not quite the same. Even Richard Pryor reached a point where he decided to stop using the n-word because he thought it was counterproductive to helping the black community.

We will never end racism until we stop isolating based on color/race. Tribalism breeds resentment, and people will generally side with their tribe (except for the unique case of white woke liberals).

Sadly there is an entire liberal religion designed to continue isolation based on race and looks to profit by fanning the flames of racism and division.

One might have thought that, moving forward, the Al Sharptons and Jesse Jackson's would be dying out along with the likes of Neo-Nazis and skinheads. But here we are moving ever-more toward race-based hate and isolationism.
LadyKiller22
Beerosch said:

Is UniqueIGN the author of Mond's Sully history?

He claims not to be. Posted a photo that was supposedly his (white) hand on a window. Wouldn't say the derogatory term that Ms. Cheesecake used because it's not his right since he's white.
Ellis Wyatt
UniqueIGN said:

Nah man, it isn't racist for one black person to call another black person a c*on. It has completely different meanings depending on the person who uses it. That's how reclaiming words works!
Liar. You sound racist.
1997Aggie
AG
aggietony2010 said:

You have to pay for the ignore function, and a lot of us have stopped doing that.
Worth every penny my friend.
Pelayo
AG
Fightin TX Aggie said:

I know some are reveling in the irony.

I'm amazed by the beautiful picture of America.

Kellen Mond is a poster image of who we are. France, Spain, Mexico, Texas and Africa, all in one family. His lineage of privilege and power and yet also challenges I'm sure he has experienced. He is a gifted athlete and the leader of a major football program. He's getting a world class education at a premier university.

I love it. Our country is amazing! Nothing like it!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Athanasius
AG
Kellen "Six Flags" Mond
Fightin TX Aggie
AG
Athanasius said:

Kellen "Six Flags" Mond
Which is awesome! I wonder how many families have all 6 flags?!
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Mond has an impressive family heritage of power and money (i.e., privilege). I dare say it is more impressive than anyone I know, including my own. He has nothing to be ashamed of in that heritage, but it is deliciously ironic given his recent statements etc. And I was never ticked at him for voicing his thoughts on Sully, but more because he labeled everyone who disagreed a racist.

I've done the Ancestry.com thing, where I learned a lot about my own heritage. My family came from Germany, Scotland, France, and England. I've found relations throughout the entire South except Florida, as well as in northern States ranging from Maryland to Massachusetts, and Ohio. I have some distant relatives who fought on the side of the Union, but by the time of the Civil War, the majority of my lineage had moved to the South, and thus fought on the side of the Confederacy. My 3rd great great grandfather was apparently a slave owner with a date of death listed as 8-Jul-1864, which makes me think his relatively short life (born 1-Dec-1831) may have been a result of the Civil War. The SJW out there is immediately going to say that I should fall on my sword and disavow all this family history, but since I think the SJW's out there are clinically insane, I will not do so. This is my family heritage, of which I can do nothing about. It is what it is.

richardag
UniqueIGN said:

What you just said is extremely racist and you don't even understand. Think about what you said, and contemplate your statements meaning.
The budget should be balanced, the treasury should be refilled, npublic debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed, lest Rome become bankrupt.
People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.
-- Cicero, 55 B.C.
Pease
This is a racist diatribe. Second paragraph and Farias is writing about Mond's athletic genes!? Go ahead and critique the man if you must, but attacking Mond because of the actions of his ancestors is a particularly cruel ad hominum attack; since when is a person responsible for the sins of their ancestors? Imagine protesting at the homes of Ross's descendants? Dragging someones grandmother into the argument? This is doxing at its worst.
Tanya 93
LadyKiller22 said:

Beerosch said:

He claims not to be. Posted a photo that was supposedly his (white) hand on a window. Wouldn't say the derogatory term that Ms. Cheesecake used because it's not his right since he's white.
Keebler Elf did not use the term. It was Ms NAACP
LadyKiller22
Tanya 93 said:

LadyKiller22 said:

Beerosch said:

Sorry, you're right. It's hard to keep these woke nicknames straight.
UnderTheHillAg
He has more privilege in life than I've ever had, but he has the nerve to call me a bad person, typical.
tbirdspur2010
AG
UniqueIGN said:

Excuse me? Yes tf it is racist. It's literally a racial pejorative.
TexAgs91
AG
Tanya 93 said:

LadyKiller22 said:

Beerosch said:

I know of Ms NAACP and the cheesecake lady, but I missed who Keebler Elf is.
chase128
AG
BLM demands reparations from white people today for the sins of their forefathers.

This OP is to highlight the hypocrisy of that belief.
lb3
AG
Post removed:
by user
Tanya 93
Pease said:

This is a racist diatribe. Second paragraph and Farias is writing about Mond's athletic genes!? Go ahead and critique the man if you must, but attacking Mond because of the actions of his ancestors is a particularly cruel ad hominum attack; since when is a person responsible for the sins of their ancestors? Imagine protesting at the homes of Ross's descendants? Dragging someones grandmother into the argument? This is doxing at its worst.

So why does BLM demand reparations for slavery?
UnderTheHillAg
When are miss cheesecake and naacp going to demand that Kellen be kicked off the team
Schrute Farms
This letter is taking things a little far. It also produces some weak arguments to counter Mond's stance.

There is no "win" in posting this.
aggiez03
AG
Tanya 93 said:

Pease said:

I swear you liberals are experts in hypocrisy...

This is about the 3rd post in this thread that are reinforcing exactly what conservatives have been saying all along.

Libs be like..

Ag87H2O
AG
Ellis Wyatt said:

UniqueIGN said:

Liar. You sound racist.
At this point after getting his "intellectual" teeth kicked in repeatedly, he's either being intentionally obtuse or that's a straight-out troll. My bet is with a troll.
hbtheduce
AG
Is it bad that this makes me like Mond just a bit more than I did yesterday?
Ags4DaWin
lb3 said:

UniqueIGN said:

ShawnTxAg said:

So why do "yall" want it removed??

He was a man who did absolutely horrible things to minorities as both a general and a Governor.
I can see why it's disturbing for people to see a man who was a leader in a war that was meant to keep their race enslaved, refused to offer POW protections to any black soldiers (he didn't recognize them as soldiers) meaning that they could be killed and tortured, mediated in an agreement so black politicians couldn't be elected in a county and much more, glorified to this day.
Do you actually do any research on Sully or just spout racist dogma based on ignorance?

The reason Ross didn't offer POW protections to a very specific group of black soldiers was because they were war criminals and operated under a flag of no quarter. Professional soldiers in both the Union and Confederate armies have a code of honor which had nothing to do with race.

You forgot the part where this regiment sought out confederate soldiers off the battlefield and murdered them. this was considered a war crime.

To Ross this regiment consisted of war criminals and murderers without honor, not to be treated the same as honorable soldiers who operated under a set of rules lf engagement.
TAMU1990
AG
Charpie said:

It was still wild in South Texas in the early 1900's
It's still wild today
74Ag1
AG
aggiez03
AG
Schrute Farms said:

This letter is taking things a little far. It also produces some weak arguments to counter Mond's stance.

There is no "win" in posting this.

I am not sure why the letter is a problem.

He is pointing out that if the Sul Ross statue is a problem, then all the schools, buildings, etc names after Kellen's ancestors should also be a problem.

If Kellen decides to denounce his ancestors and request everything with his bloodlines names are removed, then I think he has basis for continuing with this Sully non-sense.

Otherwise, it seems extremely hypocritical ...
Method Man
always gig em said:

Great great grandfather from France?

Well that explains a lot

To give France some credit, Macron has said no statues will come down and they won't erase any of their history.
Tanya 93
TexAgs91 said:

Tanya 93 said:

LadyKiller22 said:

Beerosch said:

I know of Ms NAACP and the cheesecake lady, but I missed who Keebler Elf is.
I started calling cheesecake girl Keebler Elf because she uses pre made graham cracker crusts for her cheesecakes. Keebler was the only company I knew. But apparently she buys them from Aldis.
74Ag1
74Ag1
AG
https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/18152
74Ag1
AG
https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/18152
Tanya 93
aggiez03 said:

Tanya 93 said:

Pease said:

I swear you liberals are experts in hypocrisy...

This is about the 3rd post in this thread that are reinforcing exactly what conservatives have been saying all along.

Libs be like..

What am I hypocritical about?
74Ag1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.