Kellen Mond's Ancestors Served In Confederate Army

147,532 Views | 969 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by BigRobSA
Pelayo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
rocky the dog said:

Quote:

Great great grandfather from France?

Well that explains a lot
Kellen's kinfolk...

Your not wrong. Good to see you posting
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
GCP12
AG
unmade bed said:

The plot thickens

https://www.tamupress.com/book/9780875654072/tejano-tiger/

This is a book on Santos Benavides. Not sure how to link but you can preview the book. Chapter IX tells a story about Benavides and Sul Ross. Benavides evidently wrote a letter to the president of Mexico vouching for Ross and calling him an "intimate friend."
Pelayo
AG
Hispanics in the Civil War

I knew about David Farragut but not most the others. Fascinating.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
30wedge
He had an elementary school named after him. Guess that will be changing soon!
unmade bed
aggie appraiser said:

unmade bed said:

aggie appraiser said:

F A M I L Y R E U N I O N

I bet the dodge ball games at those reunions last for hours.
You are on fire tonight.

I kid, I kid. It comes from a place of love though. I would give anything to be back to the days where the internet was used for light joking about the athletic skills of guys who are infinitely more talented than any of us will ever be.

I actually like Kellen as a QB and will be rooting for nothing but the best for him if we ever play football again. Also, I've said before that although I may not agree with Kellen's views on Sul Ross, I respect his right to be wrong in his opinion. I know he has been misled by people with an agenda.

The world we live in now with the internet being used the way it is to gin up outrage, to purposely mid-inform, and to ruin people's lives just infuriates me to no end. I'm just old I guess.
Ag87H2O
AG
Seriously, very cool family history. Mond should be proud of his ancestors. I hope it's a humbling learning experience for him and gives him a clearer lens through which to understand and appreciate other historical figures.
WatchOle
Staff
AG
I'm going to keep this thread open but will be calling a tight strike zone. There is no reason to be disparaging of Kellen. Most have refrained (and that's appreciated) but some have taken some shots. Thanks.
aggie appraiser
unmade bed said:

aggie appraiser said:

unmade bed said:

aggie appraiser said:

F A M I L Y R E U N I O N

I bet the dodge ball games at those reunions last for hours.
You are on fire tonight.

I kid, I kid. It comes from a place of love though. I would give anything to be back to the days where the internet was used for light joking about the athletic skills of guys who are infinitely more talented than any of us will ever be.

I actually like Kellen as a QB and will be rooting for nothing but the best for him if we ever play football again. Also, I've said before that although I may not agree with Kellen's views on Sul Ross, I respect his right to be wrong in his opinion. I know he has been misled by people with an agenda.

The world we live in now with the internet being used the way it is to gin up outrage, to purposely mid-inform, and to ruin people's lives just infuriates me to no end. I'm just old I guess.

I couldn't agree more. There needs to be much more grace and humility from all people today. I have a feeling he is learning a valuable lesson, and I, too, wish him all the best in the upcoming season and the rest of his future.

The hoaxsters are a different matter. They need to be gone.
rocky the dog
AG
Quote:

Thanks. Another sleepless night so I'd rather be here.
Elections are when people find out what politicians stand for, and politicians find out what people will fall for.
- Alfred E. Neuman
aggie appraiser
rocky the dog said:

Quote:

Prayers going up for your complete recovery. Best of luck.
Post removed:
by user
GT_Aggie2015
AG
Hey Redpot, for the record, I didn't write that post. I simply quoted because I agreed as did the others who starred. For an expert historian get your facts straight. I also don't stalk you on twitter and only became aware of my UN in your tweet by a fellow Ag.
unmade bed
Sorry Brandon, I was probably responsible for one or two of those shots. Totally understand if you need to remove em. I think I explained myself above, I have 0 ill will towards Kellen.
rocky the dog
AG
Quote:

I wonder if racists stop to think about privilege before being racist

Elections are when people find out what politicians stand for, and politicians find out what people will fall for.
- Alfred E. Neuman
WatchOle
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
TyHolden
AG
rocky the dog said:

Quote:

Charpie
AG
Night folks.
WatchOle
GCP12
AG
WatchOle said:

I'm going to keep this thread open but will be calling a tight strike zone. There is no reason to be disparaging of Kellen. Most have refrained (and that's appreciated) but some have taken some shots. Thanks.
unmade bed
third coast.. said:

also is there a red phone at your house that staff calls when f16 is acting up again?
rocky the dog
AG
Quote:

It seems to be happening faster than the medical people said it would, but they don't know me. Besides, I couldn't think of staying off of Forum 16 for four weeks.

Many thanks.
- Alfred E. Neuman
rocky the dog
AG
- Alfred E. Neuman
Decay
AG
rocky the dog said:

Quote:

It seems to be happening faster than the medical people said it would, but they don't know me. Besides, I couldn't think of staying off of Forum 16 for four weeks.

Many thanks.

Since rocky came back, the hoax was exposed worldwide and Mond turned out to be protesting his great grandfather's close friend.

Truly, F16's spirit animal.
rocky the dog
AG
Quote:

Since rocky came back, the hoax was exposed worldwide and Mond turned out to be protesting his great grandfather's close friend.

ROFLMAO!!!

- Alfred E. Neuman
GCP12
AG
rocky the dog said:

Quote:

ROFLMAO!!!

You can't have a gif for everything, can you?
rocky the dog
AG
Quote:

You can't have a gif for everything, can you?
22,000 images and gifs go a long way.

For you and all you over-nighters

- Alfred E. Neuman
GCP12
AG
We don't deserve dogs.

Glad to see you're doing well, man.
rocky the dog
ShawnTxAg
AG
Seriously...... Hahahahahahah
TexAgs91
AG
Texags knows things
CSTXAg92
AG
In. Wow.
Ag87H2O
AG
unmade bed said:

Plot twist
That reads more like a plot pretzel, sprinkled with irony.
Ag4coal
rocky the dog said:

Quote:

ROFLMAO!!!

Notice the eye discipline. Stairs? Full roll? Fullback cutting the knees? Doesn't matter. Watching your assignment is key, and this little dude gets it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.