Kellen Mond's Ancestors Served In Confederate Army

147,534 Views | 969 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by BigRobSA
fightingfarmer09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ag87H2O said:

unmade bed said:

Plot twist
That reads more like a plot pretzel, sprinkled with irony.

Dipped in karma.
ShawnTxAg
AG
U dont say.....
TyHolden
AG
rocky the dog said:

Quote:

You can't have a gif for everything, can you?
22,000 images and gifs go a long way.

For you and all you over-nighters

thoughts and prayers for you buddy! your gifs and memes have always been a real pleasure. i can't remember anybody ever saying anything negative about you. that's almost surreal in today's social world. we need more like you!
FCBlitz
I will have to reread this thread when I am awake.

I thought I just read that KM had a proud history of confederacy in his family lineage and that lineage had done as must if not more then Sul Ross while serving in the confederacy ?

If so, we have now have Johnny Rebel. It was Johnny Football with Manziel.

The world can be a big comedy sometimes.
ShawnTxAg
AG

UniqueIGN
Don't necessarily see how this is important. You can denounce a statue and claim having it up is wrong even if your ancestry had bad people in it.
SMM48
AG
....Jc Martin helped George Parr.......yeah nothing crooked went on there.....a blueprint for Equality for all.
SMM48
AG
....pssst....he didn't know.
Swan Song
P.H. Dexippus
AG
So people aren't guilty of the sins of their forebearers?
aggie appraiser
UniqueIGN said:

Don't necessarily see how this is important. You can denounce a statue and claim having it up is wrong even if your ancestry had bad people in it.
Yeah, but all that money the family has accumulated through their privilege should be forfeited to the cause...right? Some of that money was gained by returning runaway slaves.
UniqueIGN
Even if he didn't know his ancestry and this post is actually true it's not necessarily a big deal and doesn't really change anything?
The TC Jester
Need to hear a sincere public apology from him and he also needs to vigorously denounce his lineage or he's dead to me.
Post removed:
by user
SMM48
AG
Yeah it kind of does. I don't think you quite know how South Texas politics worked back when.....or even today for that matter.
ShawnTxAg
AG
Wait is this the same ign from the hoax thread....
UniqueIGN
When people talk about "white privilege" they're not necessarily saying that by just being white you're automatically more privileged than everyone else, it's just that your skin color wasn't a problem in your life. Obviously someone who's black and is a billionaire is more privileged than someone who's white and homeless, I don't think many people actually believe that.
SMM48
P.H. Dexippus
AG
UniqueIGN said:

When people talk about "white privilege" they're not necessarily saying that by just being white you're automatically more privileged than everyone else, it's just that your skin color wasn't a problem in your life. Obviously someone who's black and is a billionaire isn't more privileged than someone who's white and homeless, I don't think many people actually believe that.

Saying the quiet part out loud.
SMM48
AG
Go to bed. Trying too hard. Get some rest.
rocky the dog
AG
Quote:

Notice the eye discipline. Stairs? Full roll? Fullback cutting the knees? Doesn't matter. Watching your assignment is key, and this little dude gets it.
Really funny. You sound like Dick Button commenting on an Olympic event.
Elections are when people find out what politicians stand for, and politicians find out what people will fall for.
- Alfred E. Neuman
Rick Burns
AG
UniqueIGN said:

Even if he didn't know his ancestry and this post is actually true it's not necessarily a big deal and doesn't really change anything?

It verifies he still has a lot to learn about the complexity of life. And so do you.
Gap
AG
UniqueIGN said:

I've only got love for Kellen. Still, many of us are out here everyday just trying to overcome the systematic racism those who fought for the Confederacy have saddled us with.
UniqueIGN
That was my bad. Should be "obviously someone who's black and is a billionaire is* more privileged"
Ellis Wyatt
UniqueIGN said:

Or you can humble yourself, recognize none of us pick our ancestors, heritage, or families, and strive to be the best person you can be and treat others the way you want to be treated.

The world would be a lot better place if we all tried to do that.
Ellis Wyatt
UniqueIGN said:

What's the question?
TempleAg97
AG
Please tell me someone has made sure Kellen is now fully aware of his family history.
rocky the dog
AG
Quote:

thoughts and prayers for you buddy! your gifs and memes have always been a real pleasure. i can't remember anybody ever saying anything negative about you. that's almost surreal in today's social world. we need more like you!
I'm going to wear out this word, but thanks. There have been critics and challenges to some memes, but I just ignore the idiots. Life is too short, and after last week at the hospital, I can't say that strongly enough.
Elections are when people find out what politicians stand for, and politicians find out what people will fall for.
- Alfred E. Neuman
UniqueIGN
Ellis Wyatt said:

UniqueIGN said:

Or you can humble yourself, recognize none of us pick our ancestors, heritage, or families, and strive to be the best person you can be and treat others the way you want to be treated.

The world would be a lot better place if we all tried to do that.

Everyone realizes that no one picks their ancestors. That's one of the main reasons why even if this is his actual family lineage it doesn't really matter. Nothings changed from this it doesn't add anything to the conversation regarding things such as the sully statue
Rick Burns
AG
I wish somebody would do my ancestry like this. What a gift.
TyHolden
AG
rocky the dog said:

Quote:

I'm going to wear out this word, but thanks. There have been critics and challenges to some memes, but I just ignore the idiots. Life is too short, and after last week at the hospital, I can't say that strongly enough.
prayers sent buddy. you're one of the good guys. no blue stars needed.
SMM48
AG
Sure it does.

That qb family tree has a lot of schools, streets, parks, historical documents, laws, nafta, accounting standards, city council positions......that we have in place today.

Should we erase them all as well?

Let me answer for ya cause it's late.....no.

P.H. Dexippus
AG
But it does, doesn't it?

Kellen grew up in the proverbial glass house. He's not in a position to throw stones about dead "confederates". He should remove the proverbial plank from his own eye before going after Sully. It appears there are monuments to his ancestors that are as equally as "offensive" as Sully. Which is to say, not offensive at all.

Maybe it's a reminder that we all should do more to learn Our history instead of trying to erase it.
OneBlitzer
AG
Quality Friday night entertainment. Thank you TexAgs!
UniqueIGN
FunkyKO said:

Sure it does.

That qb family tree has a lot of schools, streets, parks, historical documents, laws that we have in place today.

Should we erase them all as well?

Let me answer for ya cause it's late.....no.

You're not erasing history by renaming things. Of course it'd be hypocritical if he claimed that those places shouldn't be renamed because it's his ancestry but come on, that's just speculation and what ifs, and I highly doubt he'd flip flop from it if true. It doesnt change anything and honestly at this point it just feels like people are digging into people's lives and personal info because of the opinions they hold.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.