Kellen Mond's Ancestors Served In Confederate Army

147,540 Views | 969 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by BigRobSA
StreetThug
How long do you want to ignore this user?
His grandmother is in fact Silvia Gonzalez, she was a spanish teacher at my high school. During my brother's spanish class she would FaceTime Kellen and let the kids talk to him. The facts within the letter do line up. I thought this would be helpful in giving the letter some credibility, especially from someone who knew his grandmother.
tbirdspur2010
AG
Quote:

as a society we must acknowledge what was done in the past and how a legacy of hate and racism is hurting our fellow African American citizens today

Clown post. Slavery and racial wrongs have been MORE than acknowledged and addressed ad infinitum. Also, as a Texan-American who happens to be black, I'm not "hurt" at all by the sins of ancestors (mine or yours). I control my own life. Any minority American has the opportunity to do the same. A mixed QB1 (NTTAWWT, as my own kids are mixed) leading a misguided charge to pull down a freaking statue does absolutely NOTHING to address or improve anything regarding race relations. In fact, one could say it's had the opposite effect.
Charpie
Decay
AG
StreetThug said:

His grandmother is in fact Silvia Gonzalez, she was a spanish teacher at my high school. During my brother's spanish class she would FaceTime Kellen and let the kids talk to him. The facts within the letter do line up. I thought this would be helpful in giving the letter some credibility, especially from someone who knew his grandmother.

Thanks... Street Thug?
ProgN
Pease said:

Tanya 93 said:

Pease said:

This is a racist diatribe. Second paragraph and Farias is writing about Mond's athletic genes!? Go ahead and critique the man if you must, but attacking Mond because of the actions of his ancestors is a particularly cruel ad hominum attack; since when is a person responsible for the sins of their ancestors? Imagine protesting at the homes of Ross's descendants? Dragging someones grandmother into the argument? This is doxing at its worst.

So why does BLM demand reparations for slavery?
I predicted this would be among the first comments. No person alive is responsible for the sin of slavery, but as a society we must acknowledge what was done in the past and how a legacy of hate and racism is hurting our fellow African American citizens today. We do not blame individuals but we as a nation have a societal responsibility. That is what BLM demands.

Read this.

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2014/06/the-case-for-reparations/361631/

Never going to happen cupcake, so it's better you accept it now.

Dems may run on it, but all politicians are power hoars and only say this during campaign season. Then they abandon the promise, because there's not enough support.

You're getting played by your dem masters.
Pasquale Liucci
AG
GD Tanya yes. This exactly.
Brush Country Ag
AG
tbirdspur2010 said:

Quote:

as a society we must acknowledge what was done in the past and how a legacy of hate and racism is hurting our fellow African American citizens today

Clown post. Slavery and racial wrongs have been MORE than acknowledged and addressed ad infinitum. Also, as a Texan-American who happens to be black, I'm not "hurt" at all by the sins of ancestors (mine or yours). I control my own life. Any minority American has the opportunity to do the same. A mixed QB1 (NTTAWWT, as my own kids are mixed) leading a misguided charge to pull down a freaking statue does absolutely NOTHING to address or improve anything regarding race relations. In fact, one could say it's had the opposite effect.
Voice of reason . Thank you !
Pasquale Liucci
AG
Standing ovation for you sir. This is the heart of the issue. A&M is a place that has the values driven culture that we can have those conversations. Time for the Marxist doctrine driven, tribalism promoting grifters to pack their bags and take a hike. We won't stand for that and never will.
dermdoc
AG
tbirdspur2010 said:

This is amazing stuff.
Yep. As a 65 y/o guy, it amazes me how often stuff like this happens. And you literally can not make it up.

This is fun.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
MsDoubleD81
OldArmy71
AG

Quote:

attacking Mond because of the actions of his ancestors is a particularly cruel ad hominum attack; since when is a person responsible for the sins of their ancestors?

Are you aware that John Singer, an Associate Dean at A&M, has co-authored an article which argues that Kyle Field should be renamed because Kyle's father fought in the Confederate army?

https://journals.humankinetics.com/view/journals/jsm/aop/article-10.1123-jsm.2019-0303/article-10.1123-jsm.2019-0303.xml?content=pdf-6970

Kyle is guilty under the category of "racism through Confederate ties," according to the article:

Quote:

Utilizing a collective case study approach, the authors identified 18 facilities that were named after athletic administrators, coaches, and philanthropists who engaged in racist activities or harbored racist views.

E J Kyle had nothing to do with the Confederacy, but his father did, so the son is guilty of racism.

That's coming from an Associate Dean at Texas A&M.
Ranch Dressing
AG
Great rebuttal. It never ever stops, and if you give them an inch they'll take it a mile
GAC06
AG
It's not about Mond needing to denounce his ancestors. To do so would be meaningless. I may have ancestors who were confederates, but it has nothing to do with who I am now.

The point is this should help him realize that people are a product of their time. Pretty much every white (or Hispanic in this case) person in Texas supported the confederacy. That's the point. That Ross was a great man who was a product of his time and quite a progressive ally to blacks. It's about learning from history not labeling or shaming someone.
Cen-Tex
AG

some of the staff of Benavides Calvary. (33rd Calvary Reg.)

seated left is Major Refugio Benavides, brother of Santos Benavides and Capt. Cristobal Benavides (3rd from left), a half brother to Col. Santos Benavides
dermdoc
AG
Pease said:

Tanya 93 said:

Pease said:

This is a racist diatribe. Second paragraph and Farias is writing about Mond's athletic genes!? Go ahead and critique the man if you must, but attacking Mond because of the actions of his ancestors is a particularly cruel ad hominum attack; since when is a person responsible for the sins of their ancestors? Imagine protesting at the homes of Ross's descendants? Dragging someones grandmother into the argument? This is doxing at its worst.

I predicted this would be among the first comments. No person alive is responsible for the sin of slavery, but as a society we must acknowledge what was done in the past and how a legacy of hate and racism is hurting our fellow African American citizens today. We do not blame individuals but we as a nation have a societal responsibility. That is what BLM demands.

Read this.

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2014/06/the-case-for-reparations/361631/

So since you support BLM, what do LGBT, Marxism, and climate change have to do with black lives mattering?

Thanks in advance.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
dermdoc
AG
OldArmy71 said:

Quote:

attacking Mond because of the actions of his ancestors is a particularly cruel ad hominum attack; since when is a person responsible for the sins of their ancestors?

Are you aware that John Singer, an Associate Dean at A&M, has co-authored an article which argues that Kyle Field should be renamed because Kyle's father fought in the Confederate army?

https://journals.humankinetics.com/view/journals/jsm/aop/article-10.1123-jsm.2019-0303/article-10.1123-jsm.2019-0303.xml?content=pdf-6970

Kyle is guilty under the category of "racism through Confederate ties," according to the article.

E J Kyle had nothing to do with the Confederacy, but his father did, so the son is guilty of racism.

Are y'all enjoying this as much as me? We do not even have to say anything, they are kicking their own butts.
Dad-O-Lot
AG
Pease said:

... attacking caucasions because of the actions of their ancestors is a particularly cruel ad hominum attack; since when is a person responsible for the sins of their ancestors?

just changed a couple of words.

For those who know irony, is this irony?
88planoAg
AG
dermdoc said:

OldArmy71 said:

Quote:

Kyle is guilty under the category of "racism through Confederate ties," according to the article.

Are y'all enjoying this as much as me? We do not even have to say anything, they are kicking their own butts.
This has been an enjoyable couple of days for sure. It was depressing to watch the control of the media message, the constant spin, the drumbeat of insistence that we are all racist. The turn around has been superb.
dermdoc
AG
Dad-O-Lot said:

Pease said:

... attacking caucasions because of the actions of their ancestors is a particularly cruel ad hominum attack; since when is a person responsible for the sins of their ancestors?

just changed a couple of words.

For those who know irony, is this irony?
We need more pease posts. I am bored.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
AGinHI said:

Descendant of poor Italian immigrants checking in.

Wish my family had some of that Mond privilege.
look into your lineage. If you can trace through all paternal line (or some other ways, kinda depends) you may be entitled to Italian citizenship. My paternal grandfather was born here before my paternal great grandfather got naturalized so all I have to do is prove up the lineage and I get citizenship.
Ag87H2O
AG
88planoAg said:

dermdoc said:

OldArmy71 said:

Quote:

This has been an enjoyable couple of days for sure. It was depressing to watch the control of the media message, the constant spin, the drumbeat of insistence that we are all racist. The turn around has been superb.

And it's why we can never give in. Victory is there for the taking to those that don't quit. It's part of the secret of the left's success over the years.

Fortune favors the bold - and those that keep fighting.
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
Cen-Tex said:

some of the staff of Benavides Calvary. (33rd Calvary Reg.)

seated left is Major Refugio Benavides, brother of Santos Benavides and Capt. Cristobal Benavides (3rd from left), a half brother to Col. Santos Benavides

Photoshop clearly. We all know that the CSA comprised nothing but lily-white folks bent on nothing but abject supremacy of the white race.
twk
AG
Pease said:

Tanya 93 said:

Pease said:

Read this.

No person alive has been held in bondage under the laws of the United States. To support a group that seeks to obtain "reparations" for people who were never victims of slavery, but would instead, benefit merely by the result of their genetic makeup, is the worst kind of racism.
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
blindey said:

AGinHI said:

Descendant of poor Italian immigrants checking in.

Wish my family had some of that Mond privilege.
look into your lineage. If you can trace through all paternal line (or some other ways, kinda depends) you may be entitled to Italian citizenship. My paternal grandfather was born here before my paternal great grandfather got naturalized so all I have to do is prove up the lineage and I get citizenship.

I honestly thought this was headed towards being "made" in the mafia after the first sentence and a half.
raford
AG
I am class of '70, and have lived in west texas all my life. Thank you a wonderful description of what it is like. Yours is the best thing I have ever read on this subject.
dermdoc
AG
NicosMachine said:

Fightin TX Aggie said:

Of all the bad takes in this thread, the one by Pease is the worst.

All he wants is to silence you. Silence the discussion.

This thread raises deeper issues that people like Pease want you to ignore. How important is history? How do we judge our forbears? What is privilege? Who benefits from systems of power, today and over time? Should we today be judged by the acts of our direct forbears? Of those who have no relation to us but "looked like" us? Can America be fairly painted with a broad racist narrative, or all we all more complex and alike than we are different?

Pease doesn't want you to have that conversation.

People like Pease have sat in faculty dungeons for years, brewing cauldrons of deadly poison, carefully adding in every drop of hatred and stem of envy. Every tincture of white fragility and quart of supremacy.

Now Pease thrusts a glass of his brew and says, "Drink! This will cure your racism."

"Wait, what is in this?

"YOU DON'T GET TO ASK WHAT'S IN IT. DRINK, IT."

Well, Pease can take his demand for silence and go back to his cauldron. The cure for what ails us is not silence or anger. It is real discussion and goodwill.

Go sell hatred and cancel culture somewhere else, Pease.

Peace.
Pease fears he will suffer the same fate as many Jacobins if we examine these issues too closely. If we apply his logic, he will be guilty. He will suffer the guillotine. Today's Jacobins, Marxists, use blacks the same way the Jacobins used the Sans-coulotte. If history were still taught, pawns like Kellen Mond would see how they are being used by privileged Marxists to do their dirty work.
I doubt if he is that deep. I just think he thinks he is smarter than everyone else.

This is fun.
dchack1971
AG
The associate dean of history is a devoted Marxist as is the dean of history . What a they doing on this campus , oh president Young . We
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
dermdoc said:

NicosMachine said:

Fightin TX Aggie said:

Of all the bad takes in this thread, the one by Pease is the worst.

All he wants is to silence you. Silence the discussion.

This thread raises deeper issues that people like Pease want you to ignore. How important is history? How do we judge our forbears? What is privilege? Who benefits from systems of power, today and over time? Should we today be judged by the acts of our direct forbears? Of those who have no relation to us but "looked like" us? Can America be fairly painted with a broad racist narrative, or all we all more complex and alike than we are different?

Pease doesn't want you to have that conversation.

People like Pease have sat in faculty dungeons for years, brewing cauldrons of deadly poison, carefully adding in every drop of hatred and stem of envy. Every tincture of white fragility and quart of supremacy.

Now Pease thrusts a glass of his brew and says, "Drink! This will cure your racism."

"Wait, what is in this?

"YOU DON'T GET TO ASK WHAT'S IN IT. DRINK, IT."

Well, Pease can take his demand for silence and go back to his cauldron. The cure for what ails us is not silence or anger. It is real discussion and goodwill.

Go sell hatred and cancel culture somewhere else, Pease.

Peace.
Pease fears he will suffer the same fate as many Jacobins if we examine these issues too closely. If we apply his logic, he will be guilty. He will suffer the guillotine. Today's Jacobins, Marxists, use blacks the same way the Jacobins used the Sans-coulotte. If history were still taught, pawns like Kellen Mond would see how they are being used by privileged Marxists to do their dirty work.
I doubt if he is that deep. I just think he is smarter than everyone else.

This is fun.

Please has no idea what a Jacobin is/was. He thinks that calling Mond a Robespierre is a racial slur.
Tanya 93
dchack1971 said:

The associate dean of history is a devoted Marxist as is the dean of history . What a they doing on this campus , oh president Young . We
do you mean department head?

Bird Poo
AG
OldArmy71 said:

Quote:

These people have gotten filthy rich off of our generosity and love for A&M.

The simple fact is they loath us.
Ags4DaWin
And that is why NotAnotherDime
tbirdspur2010
AG
Pease said:

Wait, how is the bolded portion racist?
OldArmy71
AG
Yes, I am there myself.
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
tbirdspur2010 said:

Pease said:

Wait, how is the bolded portion racist?

Oh c'mon, surely you know that old racist chestnut about the athletic prowess of Mexicans. That's why they're ubiquitous at all levels of professional sports.
tremble
AG
Amazing thread.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.