Kellen Mond's Ancestors Served In Confederate Army

147,583 Views | 969 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by BigRobSA
Ellis Wyatt
How long do you want to ignore this user?
UniqueIGN said:

Ellis Wyatt said:

UniqueIGN said:

Don't necessarily see how this is important. You can denounce a statue and claim having it up is wrong even if your ancestry had bad people in it.
Or you can humble yourself, recognize none of us pick our ancestors, heritage, or families, and strive to be the best person you can be and treat others the way you want to be treated.

The world would be a lot better place if we all tried to do that.

Everyone realizes that no one picks their ancestors. That's one of the main reasons why even if this is his actual family lineage it doesn't really matter. Nothings changed from this it doesn't add anything to the conversation regarding things such as the sully statue
Again, humility goes a long way. Kellen's eating a big old serving of humble pie this evening. Learn to cut other people slack.
SMM48
AG
You don't understand...we are talking the founding fathers of cities (Plural) in south Texas. It's not gonna happen.

So yeah it's hypocritical.

Doesn't change anything for you. You've got no skin in the game. Not your family tree.

These aren't lightweights we are talking about.

It is an awesome family tree. Very fascinating.
ShawnTxAg
UniqueIGN
FunkyKO said:

You don't understand...we are talking the founding fathers of cities (Plural) in south Texas. It's not gonna happen.

Doesn't change anything for you. You've got no skin in the game. Not your family tree.

It literally isn't hypocritical to have ancestry with confederate soldiers and to argue against having statues of confederate soldiers. Your ancestors don't dictate what you can fight for. It's only hypocritical if you dont want to get rid of your ancestors statues who did horrible things and want to get rid of all others.
Serious Lee
UniqueIGN said:

at this point it just feels like people are digging into people's lives and personal info because of the opinions they hold.
whats good for the goose...
aggie appraiser
UniqueIGN said:

FunkyKO said:

It literally isn't hypocritical to have ancestry with confederate soldiers and to argue against having statues of confederate soldiers. Your ancestors don't dictate what you can fight for. It's only hypocritical if you dont want to get rid of your ancestors statues who did horrible things and want to get rid of all others.

Maybe he should bring down the buildings/statues/parks/etc named for his confederate family first.
ShawnTxAg
AG
History is GREAT!!! Bc you can learn from it...... Or u can't...... Just try not to repeat it! Or
Emotional Support Cobra
AG
UniqueIGN said:

FunkyKO said:

Sure it does.

That qb family tree has a lot of schools, streets, parks, historical documents, laws that we have in place today.

Should we erase them all as well?

Let me answer for ya cause it's late.....no.

You're not erasing history by renaming things. Of course it'd be hypocritical if he claimed that those places shouldn't be renamed because it's his ancestry but come on, that's just speculation and what ifs, and I highly doubt he'd flip flop from it if true. It doesnt change anything and honestly at this point it just feels like people are digging into people's lives and personal info because of the opinions they hold.

Interesting take!
SMM48
AG
It is though. Don't be obtuse.

You've got no skin in the game chief.....all talk. Not your family tree
ShawnTxAg
AG
Is that the Def of doxn
UniqueIGN
aggie appraiser said:

UniqueIGN said:

FunkyKO said:

Maybe he should bring down the buildings/statues/parks/etc named for his confederate family first.

If this is actually true, and that's a big if, then it doesn't matter what he tries to bring down first as long as he doesn't support either of them. The one where he has the most say in right now is the Sully statue since he's the quarterback at the university where it's a problem. It makes sense to fight most for the things you have the most say in, and the places where you can make the biggest impact
Tanya 93
UniqueIGN said:

FunkyKO said:

Sure it does.

That qb family tree has a lot of schools, streets, parks, historical documents, laws that we have in place today.

You're not erasing history by renaming things. Of course it'd be hypocritical if he claimed that those places shouldn't be renamed because it's his ancestry but come on, that's just speculation and what ifs, and I highly doubt he'd flip flop from it if true. It doesnt change anything and honestly at this point it just feels like people are digging into people's lives and personal info because of the opinions they hold.
You should go talk to Ms NAACP and Keebler Elf about that since they have no issues doxxing people due to opinions.
ShawnTxAg
AG
But the mere fact that "silence is violence".... What shall we or "he" do??
aggie appraiser
Wrong. First, the evidence posted is rock solid. There is no "if". It's all on the net and can be found in 5 minutes.

If he wants confederate remnants removed from society, he should start with those related to himself. See what his family has to say about it. Good luck to him.
SMM48
AG
No skin in the game doing all the planning.
ShawnTxAg
UniqueIGN
Tanya 93 said:

UniqueIGN said:

FunkyKO said:

Sure it does.

You should go talk to Ms NAACP and Keebler Elf about that since they have no issues doxxing people due to opinions.

Big difference between someone acting racist in public and finding out their names so they can be reported to the university vs trying to find dirt on people who want to take down a statue. I agree with finding their names especially since most of the time it's public info on an instagram page but disagree anytime someone starts to post their address.
ShawnTxAg
AG
Can I get a non Aldi crust cheese cake??
Tanya 93
UniqueIGN said:

Tanya 93 said:

UniqueIGN said:

FunkyKO said:

Sure it does.

Big difference between someone acting racist in public and finding out their names so they can be reported to the university vs trying to find dirt on people who want to take down a statue. I agree with finding their names especially since most of the time it's public info on an instagram page but disagree anytime someone starts to post their address.
I know

Too bad they they think it isn't just that and one of them has no problem name calling

They deserve everything they are getting because of how they treat others who disagree with them

They are bigots and racists
unmade bed
GT_Aggie2015 said:

Hey Redpot, for the record, I didn't write that post. I simply quoted because I agreed as did the others who starred. For an expert historian get your facts straight. I also don't stalk you on twitter and only became aware of my UN in your tweet by a fellow Ag.

GT, my bad dude, I evidently got you crossways with Brian with an I. I think he was wanting to beef with me. I will fire one final shot in this proxy war and then call it a night.

Brian, I am not stalking your tweets nor would I even know how to, and even if I knew how to, the musings of anyone who feels self important enough to spam the internet with their worldly insights 148 characters at a time are about as far down on my list of priorities in my life right now as you can get (unless you have insight that might help me win my fantasy baseball league). The only reason I even knew who you were or what you tweetered about was someone posting screenshots/links here on this thread.

Just a couple of rebuttals for your response to my post and then you can kindly proceed to have a nice life without me in it, sir.

#1 - since you indicate your intention to remain cordial with Kellen, maybe you can ask him about his mother's family history and whether or not the professor got it wrong, instead of just calling me or anyone else "ignorant" for recognizing the facts that were clearly set forth in the letter (minus the typo regarding calling Sul Ross "Saul" which could possibly be an autocorrect). Seems to me like the person coming from the place of "ignorance" would be the person who admits to not knowing about Kellen's family history.

#2 - neither I, nor anyone here, is calling Kellen or any of Kellen's ancestors "terrible" people. Quite the opposite, some of his ancestors were great people who did incredible things for the State of Texas and the United States of America. We are a better place today due to the lives of men like Santos Benavides and Lawrence Sullivan Ross.

When I say Kellen should be proud of his ancestors and that anyone should be impressed with what they accomplished, that doesn't mean it's the fighting for the confederacy part that is worthy of praise. Obviously looking back at history through the lens of the present, fighting for the confederacy or owning slaves was a pretty ****ty thing to do. We can all agree on that now.

One thing you will learn for yourself in time is that the world changes, sometimes slowly, sometimes all at once, sometimes it totally flips upside down. This applies on both a macro level to society as a whole and in your own personal life. You will look back on decisions you made 20 years ago and not be able to fathom what was going through your mind when you made them. That personal experience helps provide context for how we view historical figures.

I get it, you don't have that experience yet, so it's not reasonable to expect you to understand. But this is why there are some of us that can look at men like Sul Ross or Thomas Jefferson or George Washington and not see a confederate soldier, a slave owner, or people that denied women equal rights with men.

We, living here in 2020, are not immune from this phenomenon. Without a doubt we are doing things right now that our descendants will look back on in 200 years and find repulsive and unimaginable. Hell maybe it's Twitter.
aggie appraiser
I believe you just exceeded your character limit.
Gap
AG
UniqueIGN said:

aggie appraiser said:

UniqueIGN said:

FunkyKO said:

If this is actually true, and that's a big if, then it doesn't matter what he tries to bring down first as long as he doesn't support either of them. The one where he has the most say in right now is the Sully statue since he's the quarterback at the university where it's a problem. It makes sense to fight most for the things you have the most say in, and the places where you can make the biggest impact

All power to him as I presume he will journey to erase honors his ancestors collected.

To answer your question, he is asking others to live up to a standard and position that he hasn't addressed within his family. A lot of people were harmed by his ancestors and still are made uncomfortable living and seeing the name honored where they work and live. It seems appropriate for Kellen to use his power as a family member to have those things scrubbed from the society we currently live in before asking others to do something he has not address personally with family to accomplish.
ShawnTxAg
unmade bed
Yeah, ain't nobody got time for reading that ****, except maybe Brian, which is who it was for
GCP12
AG
UniqueIGN said:

aggie appraiser said:

UniqueIGN said:

FunkyKO said:

The people he is speaking for(and he believes this as well, imo) believe that white people should pay for the faults of their ancestors. You have to be a complete moran to not see why his own ancestors being a part of the "issue" he cares so deeply about doesn't prove how absolutely insane the idea is to begin with.
UniqueIGN
Gap said:

UniqueIGN said:

aggie appraiser said:

UniqueIGN said:

FunkyKO said:

All power to him as I presume he will journey to erase honors his ancestors collected.

To answer your question, he is asking others to live up to a standard and position that he hasn't addressed within his family. A lot of people were harmed by his ancestors and still are made uncomfortable living and seeing the name honored where they work and live. It seems appropriate for Kellen to use his power as a family member to have those things scrubbed from the society we currently live in before asking others to do something he has not address personally with family to accomplish.

Here's the thing, he most likely has absolutely no ability to change any schools or monuments that are named after his ancestors because there have been several generations since then and several splits of the family. It makes the most sense to fight where you actually have a voice, and that's at Texas A&M as the quartback for the football team. If people want to change the world where we live in, it makes the most sense to divert your efforts to where you could get the most done.
GCP12
AG
UniqueIGN said:

Gap said:

UniqueIGN said:

aggie appraiser said:

UniqueIGN said:

FunkyKO said:

Here's the thing, he most likely has absolutely no ability to change any schools or monuments that are named after his ancestors because there have been several generations since then and several splits of the family. It makes the most sense to fight where you actually have a voice, and that's at Texas A&M as the quartback for the football team. If people want to change the world where we live in, it makes the most sense to divert your efforts to where you could get the most done.
I would like him and his entire family erased from history. As an American, his ancestors offend me deeply. I went to Texas A&M and therefore have more of a voice in A&M matters than any other that I can think of.

Is my new found cause worth considering in your opinion ?
SMM48
AG
Does QB1 know you're speaking and planning for him? What he should focus on?

Let it go, quit playing hypothetical doll house.
ShawnTxAg
AG
You sir or mam.... Are absolutely correct!! Quit judging and erasing the past.... look upon your own errors and within your own sins!!! Change your ways.... Repent.... Love thy brother.....
BanderaAg956
What does BLM and Antifa think of the Mond Dynasty?
Liberals are Damn Liars! Terminate Section 230! It has been ONLY 72!hours since my last banning for defending my conservative values against liberal snowflake cupcakes and the LIBERAL Mod’s that protect them! Fairness is a myth! Stop trying to silence us! Decent LAW ABIDING HUMAN BEINGS MATTER and so do our voices. When you protect the wicked, the Anarchist, the deviant, you become One of them!

ALL LIVES MATTER - I support police and motorcycle riders. Patriot Gun Owners Unite!
UniqueIGN
GCP12 said:

UniqueIGN said:

Gap said:

UniqueIGN said:

aggie appraiser said:

UniqueIGN said:

FunkyKO said:

I would like him and his entire family erased from history. As an American, his ancestors offend me deeply. I went to Texas A&M and therefore have more of a voice in A&M matters than any other that I can think of.

Is my new found cause worth considering in your opinion ?

None of us who want the statue taken away from the academic plaza want to erase history. If you tear down the statue, the history is still there, the news articles are still there, as long as the history is taught it isn't erased. These statues weren't placed to teach history, they were placed to glorify and memorialize individuals. So this is a false equivalency
Ag in Tiger Country
AG
GCP12 said:

UniqueIGN said:

aggie appraiser said:

UniqueIGN said:

FunkyKO said:

The people he is speaking for(and he believes this as well, imo) believe that white people should pay for the faults of their ancestors. You have to be a complete moran to not see why his own ancestors being a part of the "issue" he cares so deeply about doesn't prove how absolutely insane the idea is to begin with.

If the "woke" mob suddenly turns on Kellen solely for his Confederate ancestors' place in history, that would be some damn-funny irony!
PatriotAg02
AG
Life has a funny way of delivering humble pie.

My hope is that this is a moment where we can come together and realize we all have faults and things we may not be proud of. Nobody is perfect.

Holding people to the faults of others just doesn't have a place. Every single person deserves to be treated for who they are as a person. Not for things that they have no control over.

This applies to many things in life, not just the current issue.

Love is the answer.
Bird Poo
AG
Rick Burns said:

I wish somebody would do my ancestry like this. What a gift.

Seriously.

/po white trash
ShawnTxAg
AG
So why do "yall" want it removed??

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.